Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Eathrin wrote: »
    Gender recognition problems emerge once again on the thread:mad:
    In fact, my first ever thanks to the change of username, congratulations winner!:pac: Is fear é Cian(A.K.A Eathrin) muna raibh sé ar eolas agat;)

"I'd love to get 600 for the craic". There's a resounding truth to this sentence actually:eek: Wouldn't it be fantastic to just have that much in your back pocket?

I hope so, hope I leave the room with a smile on my face:)

I was just being lazy and didn't want to check who had posted :L

I know, I don't need anything close to 600, if I go to Scotland which is likely, I'll only need about 4 subjects anyway. 600 would be nothing but a massive ego boost :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Patchy~ wrote: »
    If we all threw our notes together, I'm thinkin' we'd have ourselves 600 points each in the bag... :P

I feel so left out here. My mocks dont even begin til Wednesday! Will ye all still humour me in a month when I have my results? :D

Ha you'd all probably find my notes a bit odd... I really like to make them my own. :D

For example, for History my notes were about De Valera and the lads not having Facebook, to highlight that it was hard for them to communicate with the English politicians.

My English notes on Claudius are just drawings of apples (because he's the 'bad apple' of Denmark). :P

I like to personify atoms and electrons and stuff for Phys/Chem. (Speech bubbles are essential!) ;)

I never write "so here we see the poet's use of humour", I just write "LOL".

And in general I often tend to make wee stories or scenarios which help me memorise stuff, or just amuse me when I'm bored.

Also the most important words are either written as largely as possible or written everywhere, occasionally on desks 'cause my graffiti is always educational. :cool:

My revision for last year's Irish oral was just to learn the lyrics for an Irish version of a Lady Gaga song. :o

And that concludes today's lesson on how not to study. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Jealous :(.. Especially of German! 84% is unreal!

Ugggggggggggghhhhhh, I really want some Mocks back. Particularly Economics, since I told my Career Guidance Teacher I was doing it outside School on my own, she told me it was impossible to Pass a HL Subject with no grinds.. I soooooooooo want to rub a good B2/B3 in that bítchés face!! The satisfaction! :D..

Hoping i'll have some back by Next week, if not some ****s gonna go down! :P

Omg are you doing economics outside school? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Omg are you doing economics outside school? :p
    Yes Coeur, as i've been told i've mentioned it about 2000004 times in this forum :P

Yes Coeur, as i've been told i've mentioned it about 2000004 times in this forum :P

Haha I know, I was joking :P That's class if you get that grade in it, I won't even get those grades in the subjects I do at school :rolleyes: One of my friends does History 'outside school', but instead of going to ag. science she goes to an empty classroom and studies it, but she has no teacher for it. Do you do something similar or do you still have 7 subjects at school?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

haven't been on this is ages. O: i fail at life. :P
    how's everybody? (:

Haha I know, I was joking :P That's class if you get that grade in it, I won't even get those grades in the subjects I do at school :rolleyes: One of my friends does History 'outside school', but instead of going to ag. science she goes to an empty classroom and studies it, but she has no teacher for it. Do you do something similar or do you still have 7 subjects at school?
    Actually do 8 subjects in School so wouldn't have the time to do this unfortunately! :(

I'm good, about to read some Harry Potter before I go to sleep, up at 8 for grinds :(

I'm good, about to read some Harry Potter before I go to sleep, up at 8 for grinds :(

ah the awld hairy pothead as i do say. :pac:
    and WHY SO EARLY!? D:D: poor you. O:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Togepi wrote: »
    Same! In English today doing Hamlet there was some quote about Ophelia and how she puts out for Hamlet too much so I wrote "Ophelia stop being a slut" to help me remember what the quote was saying :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Ha you'd all probably find my notes a bit odd... I really like to make them my own. :D

For example, for History my notes were about De Valera and the lads not having Facebook, to highlight that it was hard for them to communicate with the English politicians.

My English notes on Claudius are just drawings of apples (because he's the 'bad apple' of Denmark). :P

I like to personify atoms and electrons and stuff for Phys/Chem. (Speech bubbles are essential!) ;)

And in general I often tend to make wee stories or scenarios which help me memorise stuff, or just amuse me when I'm bored.

Also the most important words are either written as largely as possible or written everywhere, occasionally on desks 'cause my graffiti is always educational. :cool:

My revision for last year's Irish oral was just to learn the lyrics for an Irish version of a Lady Gaga song. :o

And that concludes today's lesson on how not to study. :)

I don't really do much notes, I'll see what excuses I can come up with for study:rolleyes::

I know the lyrics to a load of Irish songs, just by listening to them time and again, it's a beautiful singing language.

I downloaded and watched movies of all my texts in English because I'm too effin lazy to pick up a book.
    My "notes" on hamlet was just a personal guide to slang. Ophelia the whore; the bawd, the harlot, the drab etc..

I built an led circuit custom light after doing the chapter in physics:pac:

etc, etc.:D

I don't really do much notes, I'll see what excuses I can come up with for study:rolleyes::

I know the lyrics to a load of Irish songs, just by listening to them time and again, it's a beautiful singing language.

I downloaded and watched movies of all my texts in English because I'm too effin lazy to pick up a book.
    My "notes" on hamlet was just a personal guide to slang. Ophelia the whore; the bawd, the harlot, the drab etc..

haha the lazy(and more idiotic way) of doing things. :D i have about 20+ irish podcasts on my ipod and about 30 podcasts of English on the likes of Hamlet and other sh*te like that. :L am so lazy. :P
    but they are actually really helpful. :D i get more notes from the irish podcasts than i do of my teacher. :pac:

by the way is your username irish for something? S:

Bubbleope wrote: »
    haha the lazy(and more idiotic way) of thing things. :D i have about 20+ irish podcasts on my ipod and about 30 podcasts of English on the likes of Hamlet and other sh*te like that. :L am so lazy. :P
    but they are actually really helpful. :D i get more notes from the irish podcasts than i do of my teacher. :pac:

by the way is your username irish for something? S:

Kind of, my surname as Gaeilge is Ó'hEachthighearna, the shortened version is Ó'hEathrín and I chose to cut that to Eathrin for my username. I like it as an English word too:D:o I thought Cian A was too generic and stalkable:p

Kind of, my surname as Gaeilge is Ó'hEachthighearna, the shortened version is Ó'hEathrín and I chose to cut that to Eathrin for my username. I like it as an English word too:D:o I thought Cian A was too generic and stalkable:p

haha stalkable. XD you just gave your surname ya fool ya!! :D
    umm i'm extremely stalkable. D: it's way too simple for people to figure out it's me. :L ah well.
    i love my irish surname though. :D:D i have it in the link to my facebook profile. (':

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

M&S* wrote: »
    If you have a look at the solutions on examinations.ie for first principals they go through both methods!
    </3! :(
    They didn't? :o

M&S* wrote: »
    They didn't? :o
    Nope :o mailed my teacher on facebook asking him to make me a sheet with the 5 i dont have on them, oh god, hes gonna know how late i've left my maths study! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Same! In English today doing Hamlet there was some quote about Ophelia and how she puts out for Hamlet too much so I wrote "Ophelia stop being a slut" to help me remember what the quote was saying :pac:

Ah yes, sure as Hamlet once said to Ophelia - "get thee to a nunnery, slut". :P

I don't do many notes either, when I do they're as brief as possible!

Yeah I know the lyrics to a few more Irish songs, really need to get a few of those Ceol albums, Bell XI are on one of them! :D

Ha, people should start using Shakesperian slang in everyday life. :pac:

And actually building stuff like that must come in handy for remembering it. You'll obviously have a class understanding of it now anyway! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Wow I hope mine aren't marked as hard, I'd love a high B.
    That's still a fantastic German result, well done! I think there was just one french exam in our school better than that.
    Thanks Cian :)
    Yeah, marked really hard and people who usually get A's only got a very low b or c so regardless to say alot of tears and sad faces after getting those mocks back :o:( we had DEB markers :O
    Joey. wrote: »
    Oh Christ. Really not looking forward to getting mine on Monday :( No news with any others? :/
    Well done though, that's a great result in German :)

This week has been dismal at best, mock results are the last thing I need :(
    well irish are back i've heard and I've heard maths should be back next week :P
    Jealous :(.. Especially of German! 84% is unreal!

Ugggggggggggghhhhhh, I really want some Mocks back. Particularly Economics, since I told my Career Guidance Teacher I was doing it outside School on my own, she told me it was impossible to Pass a HL Subject with no grinds.. I soooooooooo want to rub a good B2/B3 in that bítchés face!! The satisfaction! :D..

Hoping i'll have some back by Next week, if not some ****s gonna go down! :P

Jealous ? :o well i'm embarrassed now , I feel like i've been acting like a sulky baby over my results :P like i know they are good but just a lil bit disappointed like :/
    :) i know i want my economics and business back .. they are usually my a1 subjects along with maths but considering paper 2 went bad i doubt i'll do well in it :P :O

oh and guys those of you who got the examcraft business mock, my business teacher made it :cool:

I don't do many notes either, when I do they're as brief as possible!

Yeah I know the lyrics to a few more Irish songs, really need to get a few of those Ceol albums, Bell XI are on one of them! :D

Ha, people should start using Shakesperian slang in everyday life. :pac:

And actually building stuff like that must come in handy for remembering it. You'll obviously have a class understanding of it now anyway! :D

Yeah I regret not getting all 5 ceol for a tenner in Irish college:D
    "Bladhm"(Flame) is on youtube, I wish they'd do more songs as Gaeilge, love them.
    All the coronas ones are good, rubberbandits, delorentos etc.

"I'd say he's a fishmonger", shakespeare slang is fun:D

The led thing was great for having a practical understanding of Batterys, resistors, current and parallel/series circuits. Also playing with a soldering iron is fun:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I'm confused and keep thinking I'm finished school forever since I finished the mocks :/ woops!

• Advertisement

Thanks Cian :)
    Yeah, marked really hard and people who usually get A's only got a very low b or c so regardless to say alot of tears and sad faces after getting those mocks back :o:( we had DEB markers :O

well irish are back i've heard and I've heard maths should be back next week :P

Jealous ? :o well i'm embarrassed now , I feel like i've been acting like a sulky baby over my results :P like i know they are good but just a lil bit disappointed like :/
    :) i know i want my economics and business back .. they are usually my a1 subjects along with maths but considering paper 2 went bad i doubt i'll do well in it :P :O

oh and guys those of you who got the examcraft business mock, my business teacher made it :cool:
    No way! :P it actually was a handy mock in fairness, tell him/her PictureFrame said Well done! :) ..

Yep really want Business / Economics back at this stage, just to see how much work I need to do to get A1's in them like. Finished the Business Course, so sitting here revising Leadership / Motivation again.. Meh..

Think i've finally decided on my course!

**BCL Law, Economics & Politics in NUI Maynooth! **

So excited now, can't wait to start! Just hope points don't rise too much from the previous years, they say 450. Hopefully got around 440 in the Mocks so i'll be doing good if that's the case (fingers crossed) anyone else sure about what they want to do?

No way! :P it actually was a handy mock in fairness, tell him/her PictureFrame said Well done! :) ..

Yep really want Business / Economics back at this stage, just to see how much work I need to do to get A1's in them like. Finished the Business Course, so sitting here revising Leadership / Motivation again.. Meh..

So excited now, can't wait to start! Just hope points don't rise too much from the previous years, they say 450. Hopefully got around 440 in the Mocks so i'll be doing good if that's the case (fingers crossed) anyone else sure about what they want to do?
    I'm dead jealous of you :( I would really love to be sure on what i want to do :( I keep switching from Actuarial maths to teaching :( I'm very worried i'll make the wrong decision :( and for actuarial maths i need extremely high points aswell so that doesnt really help :(

I'm dead jealous of you :( I would really love to be sure on what i want to do :( I keep switching from Actuarial maths to teaching :( I'm very worried i'll make the wrong decision :( and for actuarial maths i need extremely high points aswell so that doesnt really help :(
    Just go with what you think you'd enjoy most! That's what i'm doing anyway! Where do you want to do Actuarial Maths?

Just go with what you think you'd enjoy most! That's what i'm doing anyway! Where do you want to do Actuarial Maths?
    UCD :) well considering there's only 2 places you can go to do actuarial maths, there's not much choice :P but i love UCD anyways :)

Sounds like a great course, good points too.
    I'm still jittery about what I actually want to do next year, going to UCD anyway:p

I know the business course gets so boring and repetitive right?

Sooooo boring! We did it in 5th year and finished it at the start of 6th, then revised all the ABQ units, now we're back at unit 1 aiming to revise it, 2, 3 and 7. Handy but bland(y) :P

Does anybody else here enjoy school? I know it's a weird sounding thing to say but leaving out {homework, study, exams} school atmosphere for me is usually just about the craic, I'd lost that for a while but I've gotten it back now and I know for a fact when I leave for university I'll deeply miss a lot of aspects of secondary school.

Sooooo boring! We did it in 5th year and finished it at the start of 6th, then revised all the ABQ units, now we're back at unit 1 aiming to revise it, 2, 3 and 7. Handy but bland(y) :P
    Does get really repetitive though! I love Unit 5 though, I think it's really interesting and so applicable to real life (Marketing, Business Plans etc.).. Unit 3 is really handy but soo boring like! We're going through each unit revising in class, all the exam questions and then a big test at the end of each unit to see what we know.. Still we have 4 weeks before the exam packed full of intense cramming for everything. Plus for Mock preparation we did 12 years of S.Q and ran out of them, so our teacher had to order special S.Q practise books from one of the textbooks to give us for additional study/homework!.

Still with all the preparation you can't guarantee an A1, that's what irriating about business. Spend a couple of minutes too long on the ABQ and you won't get everything done like!

All together for my ABQ in the Mock I did something like 5/6 pages which is ridiculous for 80 marks. Think I did like 19/20 pages alltogether and still probably won't get an A2 even though I thought I did quite well in most questions!

Does anybody else here enjoy school? I know it's a weird sounding thing to say but leaving out {homework, study, exams} school atmosphere for me is usually just about the craic, I'd lost that for a while but I've gotten it back now and I know for a fact when I leave for university I'll deeply miss a lot of aspects of secondary school.
    My year is full of dic** to be honest, so no. Can't wait for College (not the whole woooo, drink thing) but more meeting sound people you can have a laugh with. A lot of the lads in my school think because it's a Private School they're above everyone else and they're just idiots in general!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

My year is full of dic** to be honest, so no. Can't wait for College (not the whole woooo, drink thing) but more meeting sound people you can have a laugh with. A lot of the lads in my school think because it's a Private School they're above everyone else and they're just idiots in general!

This is my life :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement