Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I don't know how people do honours Maths! I was sitting beside my friend today who's doing honours for the Mocks and the glimpse I got gave me a headache just reading :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

What exactly do you have to do for the French Oral? Hearing about this document stuff is new to me since I do German :P

I was too lazy to reply to this yesterday. :P Basically for the French oral you just talk for 15 minutes, and then you have the option of bringing in a document to kill a couple of minutes too. It can be a photo/article/project etc, but the main thing is you're well able to answer any questions that may be asked on it. Very useful if you feel you might need help in bringing up your marks, and it's good for getting rid of nerves too 'cause it's something you're guaranteed to be asked! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

One.... more.... mock :o Business tomorrow and that wraps it up :D

Anyone else going to Campion and O'Neill in Galway tomorrow? It's denying me of my sleep in, raging :D Now, to go out Saturday night or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Got 35% out of the 40% in my Irish oral. I'm actually delighted! It's pass, but I'm still happy. Got the highest in the class. :D

Everything else hasn't exactly been stellar.
    42% in HL business. My teacher is not impressed at all!

44% in Eng P2, all I have so far. Thought I would have gotten so much better since I thought my Hamlet and poetry were really good.

80% in Geography. Really happy.

62% in Biology. Not happy at all since I consider it my best subject.

76% in maths P2. Very happy there.

That's all I have so far, should get the rest tomorrow/next week. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Guys, I spent two hours today on my French document. I decided to bring in a picture of the scene in HP&THBP where Snape kills Dumbledore. I've written a general summary of why I brought that picture in and what it means to me, a detailed description of the picture and its background (like why Snape killed him), a description of the personality of both Snape and Dumbledores' characters, why I like Harry Potter, a description of the acting and how the actors were brilliant and how they made the scene so powerful.
    Does anyone else have any ideas of questions? :)

• Advertisement

Christ almighty! :eek:

So, anyone going to NUIG next year?? :P

I am! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I know this is supposed to be the "off topic thread", but does anyone have or know were to get a breakdown of how much to write for each question in the L.C.V.P exam? :o

@Cian:

2795990_460s.jpg

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Manic2 wrote: »
    Got 35% out of the 40% in my Irish oral. I'm actually delighted! It's pass, but I'm still happy. Got the highest in the class. :D

Everything else hasn't exactly been stellar.
    42% in HL business. My teacher is not impressed at all!

44% in Eng P2, all I have so far. Thought I would have gotten so much better since I thought my Hamlet and poetry were really good.

80% in Geography. Really happy.

62% in Biology. Not happy at all since I consider it my best subject.

76% in maths P2. Very happy there.

That's all I have so far, should get the rest tomorrow/next week. :P
    Did you have DEB Papers? I'm just wondering were yours sent away? We had mainly all DEB (Except Business HL and LCVP) and there's no sign of any papers coming back at all! We started our mocks 22 days ago (3 weeks and a day) with English Paper I, had English Paper II this day 3 weeks and no sign of any papers!

We finished on the 10th of February so that's 2 weeks ago tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

@Cian:

2795990_460s.jpg

I saw that on 9gag and thought of Cian too, snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Togepi wrote: »

Why do we always sing that fecking song?:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

<youtube>

Jaysus, the amount of OTT hate in the comments.

Ok, I'd have sympathy for the Supermacs staff who had to clean up after them, but I don't see anyone getting killed, anyone getting hit, anything much indeed but over-excited youngsters acting the eejit.

I've seen much worse in that Supermac's in my time, and often from "respectable" members of the local Galway community who were a lot older and more "mature" than that lot.

Losing their false dream of being property multi-millionaires with ever-lasting money to burn has really turned so many Irish into right-wing grumpy tightarses!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Did you have DEB Papers? I'm just wondering were yours sent away? We had mainly all DEB (Except Business HL and LCVP) and there's no sign of any papers coming back at all! We started our mocks 22 days ago (3 weeks and a day) with English Paper I, had English Paper II this day 3 weeks and no sign of any papers!

We finished on the 10th of February so that's 2 weeks ago tomorrow!

Yeah we had all DEB papers, but we never sent them away, our teachers corrected them, so I can't help you, sorry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

@Cian:

2795990_460s.jpg

:pHah Brilliant

Seriously though, I might get great marks but not the best. Got Irish back today 86%. 97% Essay, boom! College standard. Come to studied material and that drags my grade right downnnn. So study that shít and get an A1!

So on that note I'm going to be less lazy, do my homework and once I get this massive backlog of undone work done over the next couple of weeks I will study!A little
    You heard it first here.
    This is the new me.
    I will earn my points:D

I am! :D

Have fun!  :P
    Guys, I spent two hours today on my French document. I decided to bring in a picture of the scene in HP&THBP where Snape kills Dumbledore. I've written a general summary of why I brought that picture in and what it means to me, a detailed description of the picture and its background (like why Snape killed him), a description of the personality of both Snape and Dumbledores' characters, why I like Harry Potter, a description of the acting and how the actors were brilliant and how they made the scene so powerful. 

Looks like you've loads there, they might just ask you more about movies, or if you've read the books or something.  Seeing as it's fictional (sadly) :pac: I doubt they'd ask you about crime in general or anything.  :P
    Jaysus, the amount of OTT hate in the comments.

Ok, I'd have sympathy for the Supermacs staff who had to clean up after them, but I don't see anyone getting killed, anyone getting hit, anything much indeed but over-excited youngsters acting the eejit.

I've seen much worse in that Supermac's in my time, and often from "respectable" members of the local Galway community who were a lot older and more "mature" than that lot.

Losing their false dream of being property multi-millionaires with ever-lasting money to burn has really turned so many Irish into right-wing grumpy tightarses!

I didn't get a chance to look at any comments, one glance at the like/dislike bar said it all though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Has anybody done any revision courses in the Institute, are they worth the money?

A girl in my year posted no less than 6 different statuses telling us all about how the mocks were going for her, one of the many reasons I'm off FaceBook for lent :rolleyes:

Eathrin wrote: »
    :pHah Brilliant

Seriously though, I might get great marks but not the best. Got Irish back today 86%. 97% Essay, boom! College standard. Come to studied material and that drags my grade right downnnn. So study that shít and get an A1!

So on that note I'm going to be less lazy, do my homework and once I get this massive backlog of undone work done over the next couple of weeks I will study!A little
    You heard it first here.
    This is the new me.
    I will earn my points:D
    Does. Not. Compute.
    Looks like you've loads there, they might just ask you more about movies, or if you've read the books or something.  Seeing as it's fictional (sadly) :pac: I doubt they'd ask you about crime in general or anything.  :P
    Do you think is it a good idea for a document or is it too broad? :/
    Maybe they'd ask something like how does it relate to the real world, like with 'witchcraft' laws in Africa and ****, or would that be too advanced?

Maybe they'd ask something like how does it relate to the real world, like with 'witchcraft' laws in Africa and ****, or would that be too advanced?

Yeah it's pretty unique I think, and it seems nice and specific. :) I seriously doubt they'd ask you that, but on the off chance that you're asked something horrible you can always say I don't know and just move on with the conversation! You could even learn how to say "oh I hadn't thought of that" which would sound better than "I don't know, leave me alone!!" :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm surprised you haven't included a detailed description of Harry's wand in there somewhere! :p

Srsly, witchcraft laws in Africa etc. seems way over the top.

Would you like to attend Hogwarts? Why?

Which character do you identify with? Why?

That kind of thing sounds more likely.

^^^ What he said. Minus the wand comment... :rolleyes: :P

Although, being able to say "phoenix feather" in French would surely pick up a few marks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

In this scene, Coeur plays the role of Steve from American Dad.

Lavate los Manos!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Eathrin wrote: »
    In this scene, Coeur plays the role of Steve from American Dad.

Lavate los Manos!
    "Floating ant farm"
    Haha mad! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Mocks done, good feeling :D nothing left now but the Leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I'm so so shocked about my English results. 196/200 on paper one. :| I thought I'd get a B!

finality wrote: »
    I'm so so shocked about my English results. 196/200 on paper one. :| I thought I'd get a B!
    That's AMAZING!! That's 98% :O was yours sent away? That's amazing, i'm shocked at how good that is actually..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

That's AMAZING!! That's 98% :O was yours sent away? That's amazing, i'm shocked at how good that is actually..

Yeah it was sent away, my teacher was talking about how people shouldn't be too disappointed with their results because there's still loads of time to prepare for the exam, I was just sitting there in absolute shock :L I wish that had been the actual leaving cert!

• Advertisement

finality wrote: »
    Yeah it was sent away, my teacher was talking about how people shouldn't be too disappointed with their results because there's still loads of time to prepare for the exam, I was just sitting there in absolute shock :L I wish that had been the actual leaving cert!
    God yeah that's amazing! Was yours DEB? We did our Paper I over 3 weeks ago and no sign yet :(. Really want it back just to see how I did! Hope to have it back next week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement