Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Togepi wrote: »
    I bought a ticket about ten months ago for Blink 182, thinking I'd never be repeating. Now I have to sell it because of Irish Paper II being on the same day. :( Now that I think of it, that's probably why Irish has gone from my favourite subject to one of my least favourite ones this year. :pac:

<3 you Leaving Cert xoxo!!
    Not finished the Leaving until the 21st of June, *sob*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Not finished the Leaving until the 21st of June, *sob*

*Consoles* Finished the day before, at least I've got Red Hot Chili Peppers to look forward to on the 26th. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Hate to not finish on the 14th ;)

I've no breaks though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I finish on the 20th with a 5 day break between German and DCG, looks like I'll be in school those days doing DCG anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've got a 6 day break between French and Economics I think! '__'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

I got 390 points in my mocks, need 410 for my first choice. Pretty happy with it considering I did absolutely no studying :pac:. Started studying last Monday though and hopefully I'll pull around 450 in the leaving to be safe. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Delighted with the Arsenal win, though my excitement is making it difficult to study!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 extremebogman

Red Hot Chili Peppers in Croker is indeed nicely timed... feeling fairly smug :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Today is my brothers 10th birthday and I've OD'd on maltesers, milkyway bars and 7up. Best cure for a hangover :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Lads how long would it take to write out descriptions for all of the sraithphictúirí? I think it's incredibly stupid I have to do this, gotten in too much trouble already for not having work done though. I'm not actually going to learn off 120 picture descriptions so I really see no point in this. I'd rather just take it as it comes.

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    Lads how long would it take to write out descriptions for all of the sraithphictúirí? I think it's incredibly stupid I have to do this, gotten in too much trouble already for not having work done though. I'm not actually going to learn off 120 picture descriptions so I really see no point in this. I'd rather just take it as it comes.

The minimum is meant to be 3 sentences per picture, so however long it takes you to write 360 sentences... It's so pointless how loads of people are actually going to learn off that much and more instead of just learning how to speak Irish. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

To be fair, some people don't have a choice but to learn them off. People doing ordinary level have to do the exact same and I can't really see anyone taking ordinary level being able to make it up on the spot.

On another note, I'd love to be in Wembley today, some atmosphere! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

M&S* wrote: »
    To be fair, some people don't have a choice but to learn them off. People doing ordinary level have to do the exact same and I can't really see anyone taking ordinary level being able to make it up on the spot.

Yeah, I'm the same with the German ones, I need to learn those off :pac:

Yeah, I'm the same with the German ones, I need to learn those off :pac:

Je dois avouer, I will be learning much off for the French document if I get around to it:pac:

Eathrin wrote: »
    Je dois avouer, I will be learning much off for the French document if I get around to it:pac:
    Yeah, the German picture sequences are like the irish ones, except there is only 5, not 20 :D

Yeah, the German picture sequences are like the irish ones, except there is only 5, not 20 :D
    Are they roleplays or is that something different?

Are they roleplays or is that something different?
    No, the roleplays are seperate. 5 of those too :D

No, the roleplays are seperate. 5 of those too :D

Ah I see! I'd love roleplays, they seem like banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

My godmother's getting married on the 4th of June :(

I know that, it's just you'd think someone would have figured out how to teach Irish so that we'd be able to speak it after so many years of learning it!

In fairness, learning them off is probably the best way to get the marks even if you're class at Irish, it's just annoying. :pac:
    My godmother's getting married on the 4th of June :(

My cousin did that last year. Great excuse for meeting up with my American cousins who I hadn't seen in a couple of years, except for the small matter of the Leaving Cert three days later. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Yeah I have all 20 written out to A standard because I'm not chancing making it up and I want to have a basis to revise them on. I had to cram 15 for my mock mock oral and still got 65/80 from making it up on the spot but I wouldnt have been able had I not written them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I do fairly well in the Irish Oral at Ordinary Level, what I've done for the Picture Stories is learn the key words that I need for the pictures then try come up with a decent amount myself. So far I've gotten between the A and B range in terms of the pictures alone so I guess it's all up to how people prepare for it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Can't think of anything to do for the French document. :(

I'm in honours Irish and my level of Irish isn't very good, but I'm still not going to learn off the pictures. I'll learn a few key words for each one but that's it.
    Manic2 wrote: »
    Can't think of anything to do for the French document. :(

What do you really love? I'm quite obsessed with Harry Potter and I'm doing mine on that :)

duz any1 wana typ lyk dis 2 innoy a surtin mod? :)

What do you really love? I'm quite obsessed with Harry Potter and I'm doing mine on that :)

Well I was thinking of taking in a picture of Rihanna at her last concert here and talking about that, but then I thought well I could just talk about her and the concert when I'm talking about my interests, and steer it in that direction. So that way it eats up more time, you know?

Might do a TV show. Lost is my all time favourite, might do that. Gossip Girl is a current obsession so I might do that either.

But I don't want to do something obvious, I kinda want to be original. you know. :P

I'm so fussy. :L

I would if I could Coeur but I just can't bring myself to not spell everything out fully, it's just not in me. An occasional 'lol', 'sozz' or 'bbz' is as far as I ever go txt spk wise text speak wise. (Sorry I can't even type that without making it grammatically correct.) :P :pac:

PS: Aye luff grammerz fer lyf - urs sinseerlii, grammer natzee 2kaii4evz. =]

Ok, doing it on Lost. Had it narrowed down to it, and Kanye West.

Now I can't decide what picture to choose. :( There's so many that I can think of. So, so many.

Manic2 wrote: »
    Ok, doing it on Lost. Had it narrowed down to it, and Kanye West.

Now I can't decide what picture to choose. :( There's so many that I can think of. So, so many.

You could always narrow it down to, say, four pictures and have them all together as the one document. (I'm fairly sure that's allowed.) :)

• Advertisement

Agh, burn it with fire! I'm with Togepi on this one. Text Speak is ridiculously stupid on keyboard, it probably takes longer to write and is such an eyesore.

That mod won't be the only one pissed if you start typing like that:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement