Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Were your Mocks sent away? Did you have DEB? We did our French of February 10th and we were told we mighn't have them back for another 2 weeks! :O

Yeh it was DEB, I think it was sent to a corrector for the actual LC who my teacher knows though so maybe the companies take longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Eathrin wrote: »
    Do people actually do this?:eek:
    It's the people who claim they fail then get a B that really irks me.
    Talk about overreaction, just because you didn't get an A1 no need for the "OMG I definitely failed!"

Yeah, the person who said 35 pages was sitting in front of me. As far as I could tell she asked for paper once which meant she had a maximum of 16 pages. Unless she was sneaking in paper. There's no way you'd write that much anyways! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Wait, people lie about writing loads in exams?? :eek: Why?! In my school you'd get dirty looks all day if you'd written over twenty pages!

And the ones who say they failed and then get As or Bs just amuse me. Sillies. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I got 67% in the Irish oral, absolutely DELIGHTED! :D

Ehh, our mocks were from the 30th of January - 7th February and we were told not to expect them back before mid-March? :(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATCHY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Happy birthday Patch :) Made out a plan today which should cover everything up to the start of May, if I stick to it I'll get the points I want like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Anybody here do OL Irish?
    How much would one need to write for the essay and the letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Patchy~ wrote: »
    My dad just reads the work I get him to print and is happy enough with my grades really, parents shouldnt be that intrusive, its your business not theirs!

On a lighter note, I'm 17 today. Teachers better treat me like a king :P

My parents are kinda the same, they'll check out some stuff that I'm doing when they're around but they won't get too into it. Happy Birthday too!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Anybody here do OL Irish?
    How much would one need to write for the essay and the letter?
    Its recommended somewhere(some revision book) to write 20 sentences. Sort of about an a4 page depending how big your writing is of course!
    Biology tomorrow and I've honestly barely looked at the first chapter...Have training in an hour so won't be getting much done! Wish they put all the mocks together without the midterm disrupting them now!:rolleyes:

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Its recommended somewhere(some revision book) to write 20 sentences. Sort of about an a4 page depending how big your writing is of course!
    Is that for both the essay and the letter? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Happy birthday :D one year of happiness childhood left, make the most of it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Happy birthday! 17 though? I feel so old :pac:

Is that for both the essay and the letter? :)

Yeah! :)

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Yeah! :)

Ok thank you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Happy Birthday Patchy!!

Hope someone got/made you some kind of giant cake-pancake for the occasion. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Happy birthday Patch :) Made out a plan today which should cover everything up to the start of May, if I stick to it I'll get the points I want like
    My parents are kinda the same, they'll check out some stuff that I'm doing when they're around but they won't get too into it. Happy Birthday too!
    13spanner wrote: »
    Happy birthday :D one year of happiness childhood left, make the most of it :P
    Joey. wrote: »
    Happy birthday! 17 though? I feel so old :pac:
    Togepi wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Patchy!!

Hope someone got/made you some kind of giant cake-pancake for the occasion. :D
    Thank you guys :D I ate lots of pancakes/crepes mwahaha :P and yep 17, skipped TY back in the day, feel so young :o

I got a respectable 58% in my maths test too which a lot of people failed, so it didnt ruin my birthday haha :P

Thank you guys :D I ate lots of pancakes/crepes mwahaha :P and yep 17, skipped TY back in the day, feel so young :o

I wish my school let me skip TY, such a bad year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

well done to M&S* and Cian on your great french results :)
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    Is anyone else's mammy putting them under so much pressure? Overheard her discussing the results I have gotten back with my aunt, I have twin cousins who are both doing the LC and are wee geniuses. I told her to NEVER discuss my results with anyone except me and dad. Then she told me I was spending too long on my ag science project. The fùcking thing has to be in before the end of march, I want to get it done. And it's not as if I'm neglecting my other subjects, I did my study in everything today before I started on the project. She's just so overbearing and guilt tripping me all the bloody time. One of my cousins got his results back and did unreal, got an a1 and a heap of bs. I don't care. I don't want class results in my mocks. And I don't believe in shouting my results from the rooftops, ok I posted earlier that I didn't fail chemistry, but that was out of pure delight because I never do well in chemistry and I managed to get a c. Oh and I also heard her saying to my aunt that she doesn't know if I'll manage a B in chemistry. Like what the hell??? Thanks for the vote of confidence there mother.
    Oh well, at least my dads sound.

Sorry for that :/ rant over now I promise! :) just needed to vent, ye know yourselves.
    my parents are the exact opposite :/ so laid back its unreal , too laid back :P they think'll i'll get over 500 but they dont want to put me under too much pressure, they even tell me to quit after school study etc :O i love them very much , but my god their attitude makes me lazy and not study , well thats partly my fault too :P what i'm saying is i'd love parents like yours (dont kill me for saying that) but i need someone to put me down/give out etc so i'd be motivated :P can i swap parents :P ?
    happy birthday Patch :) hope its brilliant :) and 17 , so young :)

yizr all so old :P

This is you

Funny-Pictures-of-Bad-Parenting-Part-4-Drunk-Kids-_17-300x224.jpg

You must be 18 to enter this thread, you go back to watching Barney, wait a minute it's past your bedtime! :|

Oh wait I'm 17 too :cool:

• Advertisement

Thats so me :D

Pfft youll all die before me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Happy birthday patchy! :D really really weird question here, but are you on twitter? Someone I follow wished someone called patchy happy birthday too... It could just be a really weird coincidence :P ps I'm not a stalker I swear :cool: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Togepi wrote: »
    And the ones who say they failed and then get As or Bs just amuse me. Sillies. :p

That's really annoying. I'm pretty sure I got a C in chemistry which is ok, cool, but I was saying that to my friend and she's all "oh god yeah I'm convinced I've failed it," when she has never gotten anything but an A1 in it. Rage. It doesn't matter if you know you did well, just don't lie about it woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Eathrin wrote: »
    It's the people who claim they fail then get a B that really irks me.
    Talk about overreaction, just because you didn't get an A1 no need for the "OMG I definitely failed!"

In some exams it can be really hard gauge how well you did. I did my applied maths mock and guessed my way through half of it and was really sure if I was on track on many of the questions. When people asked me how I thought I did I said I could have failed. I had absolutely no idea how I did and was pretty happy when I ended up getting a B. Long story short some people genuinely don't know how they did so it's better to say they might have failed rather then saying they thought they did well and ended up doin crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

_Bella_ wrote: »
    In some exams it can be really hard gauge how well you did. I did my applied maths mock and guessed my way through half of it and was really sure if I was on track on many of the questions. When people asked me how I thought I did I said I could have failed. I had absolutely no idea how I did and was pretty happy when I ended up getting a B. Long story short some people genuinely don't know how they did so it's better to say they might have failed rather then saying they thought they did well and ended up doin crap.

True, but sometimes Applied Maths can be an exception. In my christmas exam I thought I did quite badly but then went and picked up loads of attempt marks and a B1 for just writing down the info given, formulae and algebra etc. Of course when it comes to June I'm going to have to step it up a notch because Applied Maths would be one of my weaker subjects at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Fell asleep after school, woke up now.

My existence is a sad one

Went back to training whooooooooooooooooo

_Bella_ wrote: »

^^^
    Exactly this.
    Some people find it very hard to know how they did in an exam (I for one am one of those people)

^^^
    Exactly this.
    Some people find it very hard to know how they did in an exam (I for one am one of those people)

Moi aussi. But normally when someone asks me how I did I'll say I dunno:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I should have dropped out after TY and started working as a streetwalker. It sounds so much more appealing now :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement