Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I agree with this, most times Mount Sion or a player related to them are mentioned you seem to get dug in. I don't know what you have against them.

The only other thing bar all of this I remeber saying directly about Mount Sion (and to be honest, what I said about Eoin McGrath and my views on the judicial system were not actually anything to do with Mount Sion) is it was a joke that the bookies had them third favourite for the championship. Of the 12 teams that are in the championship, they are the only team without a point. Was I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭DublinGAA96

Unless you've had a run in with the club or have had a bad experience in the past with them have you? Maybe something like that has lead to the outburst and this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Your anti Mount Sion bias is once again letting you down!

Irony is obviously not lost on you! Sorry Christy ;) and btw Eoin Mc Grath is a terrible terrible hurler, that is not a reflection of him as a person, I dont know the guy, if you expect that kind of analysis Im sure they have a suitable thread in the Ladies Lounge, this is a GAA forum and the guy is quite simply not up to the standard required for a top intercounty hurling team like Waterford.

And if you posted here a bit more often you would also know that Mountainlad is one of the most respected posters here who actually talks more sense than most ( I could say more but dont want to give him a big head :D)

Unless you've had a run in with the club or have had a bad experience in the past with them have you? Maybe something like that has lead to the outburst and this discussion.

So if he gives an oipinion on any player he automatically has a bias against said players club, I think Eoin McGrath is sh*t and one of hte worst intercounty senior hurlers playing and I'm not even from Waterford, does that mean I have an agenda against Mount Sion?? Sometimes a spade is a spade!

Irony is obviously not lost on you! Sorry Christy ;) and btw Eoin Mc Grath is a terrible terrible hurler, that is not a reflection of him as a person, I dont know the guy, if you expect that kind of analysis Im sure they have a suitable thread in the Ladies Lounge, this is a GAA forum and the guy is quite simply not up to the standard required for a top intercounty hurling team like Waterford.

And if you posted here a bit more often you would also know that Mountainlad is one of the most respected posters here who actually talks more sense than most ( I could say more but dont want to give him a big head :D)

Much appreciated, though I know you won't be long deflating my ego, especially if Conor O'Mahony keeps winning man of the match awards :o

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 16 newyork4sam

Stop ye're crying!!!

You've just ignored everything I've said. This is my last response to you on this discussion because if your not even willing to address what I'm saying and are going to make things up then what's the point?

I have nothing against Mount Sion. I have nothing personal against any of their players.

All I'm doing is calling it the way I see it.

Allowing for that, I don't think Eoin McGrath is good enough. I also don't think Mount Sion are the third best team in the County, and you're deluded if you do. The results in this year's, and last years, and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that etc. speak for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Any chance of taking this to PM chaps? Going in circles here and we're not having any real objective debate.

Can we agree that players will be open to criticism here on this forum, without resorting to personal insults or name calling, and leave it there?

You've just ignored everything I've said. This is my last response to you on this discussion because if your not even willing to address what I'm saying and are going to make things up then what's the point?

I have nothing against Mount Sion. I have nothing personal against any of their players.

All I'm doing is calling it the way I see it.

Allowing for that, I don't think Eoin McGrath is good enough. I also don't think Mount Sion are the third best team in the County, and you're deluded if you do. The results in this year's, and last years, and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that etc. speak for themselves.

Making things up? I was trying to get to the bottom of this issue. If you don't think He is good enough/never has been then why hasn't he been found out years ago. Surely to chrisht he's on the panel because he deserves too. I mean, big Brian Cody onviosuly didn't deem John Mulhall good enough because he Dropped him earlier in the week. Why hasn't this happened to Eoin if he's not good enough. Its easy to blame the poor lad in the corner, there always targeted first, there always the first to be blamed and taken off if things aren't going well, trust me I know, everybody should. I can name a select few that are getting away with performances when they shouldn't be(different counties too in particular). Always the corner forward.

Anyways I don't want to get myself into trouble, so that's the last I'll say on the matter.

Making things up? I was trying to get to the bottom of this issue. If you don't think He is good enough/never has been then why hasn't he been found out years ago. Surely to chrisht he's on the panel because he deserves too. I mean, big Brian Cody onviosuly didn't deem John Mulhall good enough because he Dropped him earlier in the week. Why hasn't this happened to Eoin if he's not good enough. Its easy to blame the poor lad in the corner, there always targeted first, there always the first to be blamed and taken off if things aren't going well, trust me I know, everybody should. I can name a select few that are getting away with performances when they shouldn't be(different counties too in particular). Always the corner forward.

Anyways I don't want to get myself into trouble, so that's the last I'll say on the matter.

John Mulhall was'nt droped for hurling reasons btw, it was a discipline issue. Although I dont think he was anywhere good enough to be on that KK panel anyway.

• Advertisement

John Mulhall was'nt droped for hurling reasons btw, it was a discipline issue. Although I dont think he was anywhere good enough to be on that KK panel anyway.

I've yet to get verification of this myself. Until I hear it I'm going to believe he was dropped due to his form.

Deceptively good hurler. Mightn't fit the normal mould, but I've often looked at the scoresheet at the end up games, and Mulhall ends up with 3 or 4 points that you mightn't have noticed.

A well liked player, I've a feeling he'll be back at some stage. Apparently he togged out for their footballers last night.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Deceptively good hurler. Mightn't fit the normal mould, but I've often looked at the scoresheet at the end up games, and Mulhall ends up with 3 or 4 points that you mightn't have noticed.

A well liked player, I've a feeling he'll be back at some stage.

He'd definetly be on the Waterford panel anyway, but Kilkenny have so much talent I guess.

hardybuck wrote: »
    I've yet to get verification of this myself. Until I hear it I'm going to believe he was dropped due to his form.

I know hes uncle and have it for fact that it was nothing to do with hurling, although it must be said what he would probably perfer that story to be true that what actually happened, I cant really comment anymore as there is a strong possibility of legal preceedings.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I know hes uncle and have it for fact that it was nothing to do with hurling, although it must be said what he would probably perfer that story to be true that what actually happened, I cant really comment anymore as there is a strong possibility of legal preceedings.

That makes it seem more dramatic then it probably is tbh! 0_o

I know the lad personally, I've yet to check it out properly. Best to say nothing more agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Have heard the reason for Mulhall being dropped and it certainly wasn't anything to do with his form or hurling ability! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you have a problem with a post, report it, if you have a problem with a poster ignore them or report their posts. Also, no speculation on people's behaviour/actions.

Anyone care to reveal the reasoning behind him being dropped? Either through this or PM. Yeah he his an honest hurler, young too so no doubt he'll be back on the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

So if he gives an oipinion on any player he automatically has a bias against said players club, I think Eoin McGrath is sh*t and one of hte worst intercounty senior hurlers playing and I'm not even from Waterford, does that mean I have an agenda against Mount Sion?? Sometimes a spade is a spade!

The abuse of Eoin McGrath on here has been nothing short of disgraceful. Your talking about an ametuer sportsman and a decent genuine fellah at that. What has he done wrong besides make himself available to represent his county? If ye think hes that bad then is it not the management that keep on selecting him that should be getting the abuse? Before anyone asks Ive no allegiances towards any club or player... I just think the guy deserves a break. Lets be honest hed run rings around any of us on a hurling field if hes that **** what does that make us?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

The abuse of Eoin McGrath on here has been nothing short of disgraceful. Your talking about an ametuer sportsman and a decent genuine fellah at that. What has he done wrong besides make himself available to represent his county? If ye think hes that bad then is it not the management that keep on selecting him that should be getting the abuse? Before anyone asks Ive no allegiances towards any club or player... I just think the guy deserves a break. Lets be honest hed run rings around any of us on a hurling field if hes that **** what does that make us?

Thats all he does

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

Thats all he does

Que the cheap shots.... Im outta here distancing myself from all this rubbish.

By the way Mountainlad you really need to learn how to take stick. Considering your so eager to dish it out.... your long-winded messages to talk yourself out of it and show how youre right about everything serve no purpose only to bore everyone to tears

Moderator do me a favour and bar me for life.....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Top drawer

I gave the reason earlier, was it removed by the moderator?

Mod Edit
    Because it was against the charter
    Accusations, Speculation and Rumours
    The GAA moderators are taking a zero-tolerance policy on this issue. While many posters think they are ‘in-the-know’, do NOT post any wild accusations about any GAA players or officials unless you provide an online source/link to back up your claim. This is a bannable offence and the GAA mods will edit or delete said posts until a source has been given.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭deisedude

Lads, enough of arguing with each other. Some of ye rate Eoin McGrath as a hurler and some of ye don't leave it at that. The last few pages are just going around in circles

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Any of the waterford lads wanna go on facebook and continue yer argument about Eoin mcgrath on All Ireland Championship Banter Page! Up and coming pge lads!

I totay agree with everything deisebhoy says here. How an amateur sportsman can get slated so much by a select few on this forum is beyond me. The amount of service that man his given and given up massive sacrifices for his county, and he gets slated. I don't want to cause trouble but I'm sorry a line needs to be drawn here I don't know how people slate these people, I just can't listen to it he don't deserve it. the amount of work he's done for his county.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Top drawer

Ok so new topic, 11 teams have a quarter final place up for grabs and 11 teams can still get relegated, choose urs

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

Top drawer wrote: »
    Ok so new topic, 11 teams have a quarter final place up for grabs and 11 teams can still get relegated, choose urs

To qualify for quarter finals in group 1: Fourmilewater, De La Salle, Tallow & Mount Sion. Group 2: Lismore, Dungarvan, Abbeyside, Ballygunner. In relegation: Dunhill & Ballyduff. Intermediate champs: Cappoquinn. Junior champs: Butlerstown but Ballysaggert could also do it. Hope FMW and DLS meet in the final as on current form they are the best two teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Insider2

To qualify for quarter finals in group 1: Fourmilewater, De La Salle, Tallow & Mount Sion. Group 2: Lismore, Dungarvan, Abbeyside, Ballygunner. In relegation: Dunhill & Ballyduff.
    Very unlikely they will be the 8 teams to qualify. Where's your logic in putting Mt Sion in top 4? Considering they've lost first 3 games and are struggling with injuries??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 djfern84

Insider2 wrote: »
    To qualify for quarter finals in group 1: Fourmilewater, De La Salle, Tallow & Mount Sion. Group 2: Lismore, Dungarvan, Abbeyside, Ballygunner. In relegation: Dunhill & Ballyduff.
    Very unlikely they will be the 8 teams to qualify. Where's your logic in putting Mt Sion in top 4? Considering they've lost first 3 games and are struggling with injuries??

It's his choice and he's entitled to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

Insider2 wrote: »

Dunhill will finish bottom as they have FWM and DLS left to play. Mount sion will win their last 2 games against Roanmore and Tallow. Roanmore's last games is against DLS so they wont win their last 2 games either. Therefore Mount sion will just about qualify for the quarters in 4th place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement