Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

Orizio wrote: »
    So Steven and Shane will have played three years at Minor level?

This year would be Stephens third year if he returns from injury and plays, AFAIK he is only 17 but is overage for next year as he turns 18 in October/November time.

This is Shanes 2nd year, next year will be his third.

Kieran played last year, I think that was the only year he played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Stephen scored a hat-trick v Limerick in the Munster minor semi 2 years ago & he was only 15 at the time, so its unfortunate hes got this injury this year when he should be at his peak as a minor. Hopefully we can progress and we can get to see more of the same for him during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭malascoile

i heard michael kearney broke a finger last week and was out for this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭carter10

Is there a list of subs anywhere? Is Conor Gleeson from FMW on the subs or injured? surprised hes not on the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 abbeysideFB4L

carter10 wrote: »
    Is there a list of subs anywhere? Is Conor Gleeson from FMW on the subs or injured? surprised hes not on the team.

Conor Gleeson is a serious talent! expect to see him come off the bench

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 abbeysideFB4L

54 I think, you'll find it in the GAAs annual report.

Minor team for Thursday:

1. Sean Clancy Clonea
    2. William Hahessey Clonea
    3. Sam O’Neill Erin’s Own
    4. Cian Leamy Ballyduff Upper
    5. Kevin Daly Dungarvan CAPTAIN
    6. Austin Gleeson Mount Sion
    7. Michéal Harney Bonmahon
    8. Mark O’Brien Ferrybank
    9. Tom Devine Modeligo
    10. Shane Bennett Ballysaggart
    11. Colm Roche Shamrocks
    12. Adam Farrell De La Salle
    13. Patrick Curran Dungarvan
    14. DJ Foran Portlaw
    15. Michael Kearney Ballyduff Upper

Would have thought Cian Leamy and Harney were more used to being forwards. Fine team though, forgot Mikey Kearney was available fine hurler. Pity Stephen Bennett is injured.

Strong team. suprised none of the dungarvan colleges full back line got on to the team, they may not be spectaculer hurlers but together they only conceded 5 goals in the 9 games they played! Looking forward to thursday though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PaddyPower make it Waterford 2/1, Tipp 2/5 for this game. I think 2/1 is a cracking price given our successes at colleges level and home advantage. The concern is how much preparation the team have had together. But 2/1 still definitely seems far too big to me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm sure its a fine Waterford side but that Tipp team are strong favourites for the AI this year imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 deisedub

Waterford minor subs;
    16. Gavin Power (Dungarvan)
    17. Paul O'Connor (Clashmore)
    18. Conor Gleeson (Fourmilewater)
    19. Barry Whelan (Tramore)
    20. MJ Sutton (Ferrybank)
    21. Shane Ryan (De La Salle)
    22. Christy Breathnach (An Rinn)
    23. Cormac Curran (Brickey Rangers)
    24. Stephen Bennett (St Cartridge's/Ballysaggart)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Can anyone shed some light on the management team I not sure i would know them are they relatively new as opposed to last few yrs like. Are these the men who've been delivering success within the recent colleges success last 2 yrs?
    Normally you'd know at least 1 or 2 of them but I don't think I do this year old age I suppose lol....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

deisedub wrote: »
    Waterford minor subs;
    16. Gavin Power (Dungarvan)
    17. Paul O'Connor (Clashmore)
    18. Conor Gleeson (Fourmilewater)
    19. Barry Whelan (Tramore)
    20. MJ Sutton (Ferrybank)
    21. Shane Ryan (De La Salle)
    22. Christy Breathnach (An Rinn)
    23. Cormac Curran (Brickey Rangers)
    24. Stephen Bennett (St Cartridge's/Ballysaggart)

is he not playing for Dungarvan

Who are you referring too?

No different Cormac Curran plays for Dungarvan, older brother to Paddy Cathal and Colm.

Orizio wrote: »
    I'm sure its a fine Waterford side but that Tipp team are strong favourites for the AI this year imo.

Agreed. this Tipp team has been strong all the way up along since winning the Tony Forristal 4 years ago. They still a lot of lads from last years minor winning side. Its a very hard draw for us

Can anyone shed some light on the management team I not sure i would know them are they relatively new as opposed to last few yrs like. Are these the men who've been delivering success within the recent colleges success last 2 yrs?
    Normally you'd know at least 1 or 2 of them but I don't think I do this year old age I suppose lol....

Wayne Power (Ballyduff Upper) is an older brother of Adrian's, I dont know what experience he has in working with these lads.
    Kieran 'Cuggs' O'Gorman of Lismore is involved heavily in underage at club level again Im not sure what experience he has at county level.

Not sure about the eastern lads

John Tracey was over the Passage minor team that won last years championship. Was with the Waterford Sonny Walsh & Tony Forristal winning teams 2009 & 2010. Also the Waterford u.16 team the won the Shield in the Tipperary tournament last year, actually they went unbeaten in that, they lost out on a ruling on scores against, even though they out scored Galway in the group stage, Offally scored 5 pts against them and only managed 4 against Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭seananigans

robopaddy wrote: »
    Not sure about the eastern lads

Wouldn't blame ya, they're an untrustworthy sort :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

KevIRL wrote: »
    PaddyPower make it Waterford 2/1, Tipp 2/5 for this game. I think 2/1 is a cracking price given our successes at colleges level and home advantage. The concern is how much preparation the team have had together. But 2/1 still definitely seems far too big to me

There isn't that many Dungarvan lads on the team, 4 I think starting. I think the fact that they've been hurling away anyway will be beneficial and they're confidence will be up. As for the rest, they've been training since January doing gym work and the like at the start as is the norm. There is a decent investment in this team, and they played Kilkenny in a challenge before the league match against same and won. Stephen Bennett not starting is a blow, and I dunno it seems that a few lads have been shifted in to the backline that might have been forwards. That would suggest they've really strong forward line. I think they will certainly push Tipp and with that in mind 2/1 is probably a good punt.

deisedub wrote: »
    Who are you referring too?

sorry forgot to mention his name.

it was Cormac Curran i was on about.

will the match be live on WLR tonight ?

• Advertisement

sorry forgot to mention his name.

it was Cormac Curran i was on about.

Grandson of Austin Flynn, no relation to Pat Curran (originally of Cappaquinn)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

will the match be live on WLR tonight ?

Game's not on untill tomorrow night, no idea if WLR have it, hope so as Tipp FM don't and I can't make it down.

Game's not on untill tomorrow night, no idea if WLR have it, hope so as Tipp FM don't and I can't make it down.

nah wont be live on wlr will have regular updates alright.

fancy yere chances in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

robopaddy wrote: »
    nah wont be live on wlr will have regular updates alright.

fancy yere chances in it?

We have a strong team especially from 1-9, our half back line looks incredibly strong but I dont think we are 2/5 shots and the bookies are underestimating Waterford IMO.

We have a strong team especially from 1-9, our half back line looks incredibly strong but I dont think we are 2/5 shots and the bookies are underestimating Waterford IMO.

Interesting, as the consensus here would be that we are strong in the forwards this year 10 - 15 and some good forwards on the bench. Yere probably justifiably favourites alright but I think it'll be a lot closer than last year

got my wires crossed

i might be able to make it now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭skaface

Best of luck to our Minor team tonight, hope there is a Large home support
    in Walsh Park for these lads.. Up The Deise !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Best of luck to the lads later, they'll be up against it but hopefully they give it a good lash.

best of luck to out minors tonight..

how great a win tonight would be for this minor team

either way win lose or draw, ill be proud of them

• Advertisement

UP WATERFORD :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement