Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Anyone leaving faircity in the near future should be wiped out by lucy in the most horrific way imaginable on xmas day. There is quite simply no other way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

vektarman wrote: »
    Kinda getting the message now....:D

It takes a while for anyone to make an impression. I can't think of a single character that was liked here in their first few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

I hate any sort of gangsterism in Fair City. It is like glorifying that sort of thing and I think the less of it we see the better. I, for one, am not interested in drugs and drug dealers in any shape or form or what happens to them. I wish they would leave it all out. I normally turn over the channel when I see the Bishops and Eddie having a conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

For a married couple there's a complete lack of trust between Paul and Niamh, Paul sneaking around telling lies to her and Niamh not trusting Paul an inch (can't say I blame her though).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

but he/she is right meave knew dermot had a kid before they got together so why complain now
    I agree, she just didn't think that Ben would the fly in the ointment in their relationship though. On another point, I missed a lot of FC with Dermot and Jo, was he as boring with Jo? She must have had the patience of a saint, is that why she had an affair with Tommy Dillon?
    It takes a while for anyone to make an impression. I can't think of a single character that was liked here in their first few months.
    TBH, I like Maeve, it's just that there must be an awful lack of available men in Carrigstown if she wants Dermot...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

can someone tell me why paul and niamh are stuck for cash or always talking about it

niamh works for herself
    paul own the gargage

they own a block of flats also

ffs mind boggling
    Plus the rent from Gina's house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Niamh needs to get to get eddie hobbs in to show her how to buy danishs by the multi pack in the super market and make her own coffee . Her and paul willhave to remortgage their extensive property portfolio if she keeps it up .
    Shes keeping vinos afloat .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Niamh needs to get to get eddie hobbs in to show her how to buy danishs by the multi pack in the super market and make her own coffee . Her and paul willhave to remortgage their extensive property portfolio if she keeps it up .
    Shes keeping vinos afloat .

Most of the residents of Carrickstown eat excessively in the Hungry Pig. So much so that at this stage most of them should be morbidly obese. It’s about time the FC script writers warned us of the dangers of the type of high calorie junk food muck that Bob Charles peddles before our very eyes on a daily basis from the Pig. In the old days the tobacco industry polluted the airways with their killer product. Now the junk food industry is killing us all in an even more sinister way. Shame on Bob Charles and all who gorge themselves in the Pig.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Shame on Bob Charles and all who gorge themselves in the Pig.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bob Charles is like the Harold Shipman of beefy foods. The people of Carrigstown should string him up while they can still get out of their chairs.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Plus the rent from Gina's house.

oh yeah nice one

how come your smater than FC Writers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Is Dermot not interested in Maeve anymore? He really gave her the cold shoulder this evening about going to that gig. "No Orla!" Hopefully because of the lack of chemistry and the feeling that this relationship is going nowhere fast.

It's funny, there was a lot more romance to their relationship when they weren't going out at all and everyone was messing with Dermot about asking her out - Kelly, Orla and Esther for example. Then as soon as they got together, the romance just died. Totally.

morebabies wrote: »
    Is Dermot not interested in Maeve anymore? He really gave her the cold shoulder this evening about going to that gig. "No Orla!" Hopefully because of the lack of chemistry and the feeling that this relationship is going nowhere fast.

It's funny, there was a lot more romance to their relationship when they weren't going out at all and everyone was messing with Dermot about asking her out - Kelly, Orla and Esther for example. Then as soon as they got together, the romance just died. Totally.

Two words - Ralph Mellish

• Registered Users Posts: 85,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maeve got a hair make over and now Dermot dont want her - how the hell did he get her to begin with :rolleyes:

Didnt Wayne sign a contract with Paul when he agreed to take over running the garage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Is Dermot not interested in Maeve anymore?

Maybe he's come to his senses and realised what a grotesque misshapen harridan she really is.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maeve got a hair make over and now Dermot dont want her - how the hell did he get her to begin with :rolleyes:

Didnt Wayne sign a contract with Paul when he agreed to take over running the garage

Answer to question 1: The FC script writers in an act of pity for the desperately dull and boring Dermot decided that he needed some stimulation to see if he was still actually alive so they gave him a soul mate. But Dermot does not have a soul so it didn’t work out. :eek:

Answer to question 2: The Law of Contract means f*ck all in Carrickstown so Paul can do as he likes. It dopy Wayne brings up the Contract issue womaniser Paul will tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Maybe he's come to his senses and realised what a grotesque misshapen harridan she really is.

A bit harsh... :(

she trying to change him and he doesnt like that dermot quite kinda guy not going to concerts

• Registered Users Posts: 85,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dolores buys Ali's shares in the garage next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Bealbinn wrote: »
    I dated a guy like that Dermot. I'd young kids he had....a 17 year old and 27 year old. Actually he was worse than Dermot. I could easily work around my kids, they were happy about the whole thing, they took up on my attitude. On his side though, the 17 year old was full of his own importance and constantly made his Dad 'choose' him, rang at inconvenient moments, demanded Dad to return. Dad would return. After quite a few ruined evenings, gigs, meals etc, I realised men with sole responsibility for children usually put them first, even long after they're fine big men. They also enjoy the support and sympathy they get being single Dads/Widowers. Women flock around to help, flatter, flirt with them, this is well represented in FC with Dermot too. If the single dad is in a solid full-time relationship they would lose all the support, sympathy, extra babysitting and pies delivered to the door!! I have not noticed that phenomenon with men nurturing separated women!!!!

Women with children usually don't create so much of a problem having a new partner, even women with very little support. Maybe they are better jugglers or just more confident of keeping their children's love while seeking a man to love too. Well neither my friends nor I have made it a problem. I'm glad FC has covered this topic. Men like this look on a woman like an ironing board, you take her out when you need her, then expect her to magically slide away into the cupboard out of sight the rest of the time. She is to work around THEIR routine, be there for them, but he offers little support to her really. Heaven forbid any of his domestic routine would be disturbed. I wasted a lot of time waiting to come first, I can feel Maeve's pain in these episodes :D. DUMP HIM HE'LL NEVER PUT YOU FIRST, EVEN WHEN BEN IS 25 YOU'LL BE PUSHED AWAY WHEN BEN CALLS!!!!

I love Bob, he brings some depth and believable acting to the show. Louis is my guilty pleasure ;) he is sooo bold and Ingrid is manipulative, but gorgeous.
    Jesus wept!!!!!!!!!!!
    The feminist forum is this way
    >

The first paragraph reads that single men are shítcúnts because they put their kids first.

You come across as a balanced person

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lavisa

Ben must be the sickest child alive, Every night he has a tummy ache or an ear ache or some type of ache! the poor child!

Yeah Didnt Wayne buy shares? So surely Paul cant just sack him

• Advertisement

Felexicon wrote: »
    Jesus wept!!!!!!!!!!!
    The feminist forum is this way
    >

The first paragraph reads that single men are shítcúnts because they put their kids first.

You come across as a balanced person

Oh, come on. Someone recounted her own personal experience, which was interesting and relevant to FC. It was hardly an anti-man manifesto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Gosh Eddie should be hired by the gardai, he would have all the criminals locked up in no time. I thought I had missed a bit of it last night when I saw the guards arresting him. How completely unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ah yer man Neil (Petes son) was great craic, very likeable.
    Lorna123 wrote: »
    I hate any sort of gangsterism in Fair City. It is like glorifying that sort of thing and I think the less of it we see the better. I, for one, am not interested in drugs and drug dealers in any shape or form or what happens to them. I wish they would leave it all out. I normally turn over the channel when I see the Bishops and Eddie having a conversation.

You wouldn't want to watch any decent tele like Love Hate so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

oh yeah nice one

how come your smater than FC Writers
    I understand the concept of conntinuity.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

genius!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Who's the better character, Ingrid or her ever moving eyebrows??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

How balanced is it that a child learns their parent's partner can be dropped like a hot potato if they sneeze or throw a tantrum?

I was actually patient with the 17 year old 'kid' first, but when he got to his 20s and needed his Dad holding his hand every time his Dad wanted to go out with me, it got a bit thin. During a recent 'reunion' we even had to drive 4 hours without a break one weekend because the (now) 25 year old suddenly called his Dad to be there in time for 'the match'. Our plans for lunch and visiting a friend to break the journey were instantly dropped. This is exactly how precarious Maeve and Declan's plans are, how quickly she can go from being excited to being disappointed, every few days.

In my case the wonderful Dad is now sitting alone and regretting it, unless Declan changes radically no woman will put up with his ways either. If a Maeve is putting her heart on the line and doing everything she can, Declan can't expect her to tend to his whims while her needs aren't being met. She must come first as the significant other. Dermot wants to have his cake and eat it. He wants Maeve to be there totally on his terms, without even letting Ben know!! She is getting very little support from Dermot while he gets support from everyone. The ironing board syndrome is alive and well.

~Decco's acting is improving I must say. Beginning. to miss Lucy
    Hmm his name is declan is it . Tell me more . Kids comes first . The lads a bit of a spoilt brat that should be ironed out but playing to be favourite between a father and his son is pointless . Unless the father is a selfish pushover. I bet the fact he was a good father attracted you at first .
    Was it a case of oh look at all the love and attention he has to give . I want that itll be like stealing candy from a baby .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

How balanced is it that a child learns their parent's partner can be dropped like a hot potato if they sneeze or throw a tantrum?

I was actually patient with the 17 year old 'kid' first, but when he got to his 20s and needed his Dad holding his hand every time his Dad wanted to go out with me, it got a bit thin. During a recent 'reunion' we even had to drive 4 hours without a break one weekend because the (now) 25 year old suddenly called his Dad to be there in time for 'the match'. Our plans for lunch and visiting a friend to break the journey were instantly dropped. This is exactly how precarious Maeve and Declan's plans are, how quickly she can go from being excited to being disappointed, every few days.

In my case the wonderful Dad is now sitting alone and regretting it, unless Dermot changes radically no woman will put up with his ways either. If a Maeve is putting her heart on the line and doing everything she can, Dermot can't expect her to tend to his whims while her needs aren't being met. She must come first as the significant other. Dermot wants to have his cake and eat it. He wants Maeve to be there totally on his terms, without even letting Ben know!! She is getting very little support from Dermot while he gets support from everyone. The ironing board syndrome is alive and well.

~Decco's acting is improving I must say. Beginning. to miss Lucy
    was "the match" in the original plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

What the hell is going on here?

• Advertisement

wonder how vinos is getting on with no chef since neil gone did the other guy come back from the olympics

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement