Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

msg11 wrote: »
    On another note, is anyone else finding it annoying that there are never any scenes in Fair City other than what is in the set in RTE or around RTE, they never go to locations for shooting it.
    They did on location filming when Terence kidnapped Leo and Lara. It was hilarious which was a problem as it was supposed to be thrilling and terrifying so hilarity probably wasn't what they were hoping for.

Barry also brought Paul into the woods to show him Sarah's grave.

In fairness with having to produce 4 episodes a week I doubt they really would have much time to do on-location filming.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Its gas watching Collie. I went to school with Tony (Murphy) and was/is such a nice bloke.

He does scumbag very well...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

msg11 wrote: »
    On another note, is anyone else finding it annoying that there are never any scenes in Fair City other than what is in the set in RTE or around RTE, they never go to locations for shooting it.

Like it could have made it so much more interesting , if they bundled Sash into a car/van and did go up the mountains and show her a grave, tell her she has a chance to leave or in one week this grave will be her permanent home. Then at leased we could buy her just shooting off out of in reality know where !

Or a hostage situation, Lucy and Dolly on O'Connell bridge. Lucy with a knife to Dolly telling her to jump in with Garda surrounding the scene trying to get Lucy to calm down.

You're right, it would be like a breath of fresh air in the place if they did vary the locations from time to time, instead of us all living in the Carrigstown bubble. I'd guess the decision is financial though, probably huge amounts of time in planning and expenses would be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

DeepBlue wrote: »
    They did on location filming when Terence kidnapped Leo and Lara. It was hilarious which was a problem as it was supposed to be thrilling and terrifying so hilarity probably wasn't what they were hoping for.

Barry also brought Paul into the woods to show him Sarah's grave.

In fairness with having to produce 4 episodes a week I doubt they really would have much time to do on-location filming.

Right and Barry went there previously with Deco so that's like Christmas for Barry! Twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

They should have shown the trip to the aquarium in Bray!!

The last time a soap turned up here was when Miley and Biddy took a trip.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

The aquarium in bray is great I go every year . Pity im not fair city though haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Its gas watching Collie. I went to school with Tony (Murphy) and was/is such a nice bloke.

He does scumbag very well...;)

It's always disappointing to hear of a nasty character being "nice" in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Vanderlay Industries

"there's good news and bad news. The bad news is Mr Flynn told me to break one of your arms. The good news is that you get to choose which one." Comedy gold :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That Paul is a very unlikeable character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Seems like FC writers are reading this thread - Louis now talks about Jack not baby Jack , the pints of black stuff are served in normal glasses in The Station and Orla warns Dermot not to take Maeve to Vinos. Any more requests guys? ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Stop categorising Star Wars fans as "weird".

Stop dissing tastes as "old".

Has the hairdresser paid a visit to Carrigstown? Loads of new 'dos, did anyone notice? Maeve has some kind of fringe and highlights, Orla's hair looked red, Louie had his fringe cut much shorter and even Collie's hair seemed to have a redder shade to it. Anyone else notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,886 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renee discovers Louis and Ingrid's affair next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Please cover spoilers! !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

morebabies wrote: »
    You're right, it would be like a breath of fresh air in the place if they did vary the locations from time to time, instead of us all living in the Carrigstown bubble. I'd guess the decision is financial though, probably huge amounts of time in planning and expenses would be involved.
    Back in the early days they used to film a lot of the outdoor stuff in the Navan Road area of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

morebabies wrote: »
    Has the hairdresser paid a visit to Carrigstown? Loads of new 'dos, did anyone notice? Maeve has some kind of fringe and highlights, Orla's hair looked red, Louie had his fringe cut much shorter and even Collie's hair seemed to have a redder shade to it. Anyone else notice?

Poor Val missed out, still going for the wire brush look.

I thought Maeves hair looked as though it had been washed in grease....:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

sffc wrote: »
    Seems like FC writers are reading this thread - Louis now talks about Jack not baby Jack , the pints of black stuff are served in normal glasses in The Station and Orla warns Dermot not to take Maeve to Vinos. Any more requests guys? ???

Perhaps they are lurking here and plagiarising our ideas but I am still waiting for Lucy to go bizerk and mow down half of Carrickstown. I know this would be a very expensive scene for RTE to fund but it would be worth every cent. I for one would gladly pay an extra 50% on my TV licence to help fund this scene.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

As if Louis "Lego hair" Gleeson could get one woman never mind two.

He has the charisma of a used tea bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Also
    we might be having another glimpse of Lucy

wtf is with paul doing a 360 and loving being the big man in the gargage we had a 4 weeks storyline of him moaning about it and now its never happened

oh and ray your best friend keith left weeks ago shame the fair city writers were to cheap to get you in for one final scene

boogles my mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Perhaps they are lurking here and plagiarising our ideas but I am still waiting for Lucy to go bizerk and mow down half of Carrickstown. I know this would be a very expensive scene for RTE to fund but it would be worth every cent. I for one would gladly pay an extra 50% on my TV licence to help fund this scene.:cool:

Yea the Carrigstown sniper

She will be back next week, so we might find out then.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭washiskin

stevieob wrote: »

Awwwwww I was hoping for her to pitch up on Peteloroes' Wedding Day and carry out a Dynasty-style clearout of the dead wood...... :(

stevieob wrote: »

Next week? That's quite soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I hate Maeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

She will liven the place up better than louis's love live and paul and wayne fighting about control in a small back street garage with two sales men.

can someone tell me why paul and niamh are stuck for cash or always talking about it

niamh works for herself
    paul own the gargage

they own a block of flats also

ffs mind boggling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Temaz wrote: »
    I HATE Maeve.
    Can't stand Maeve one bit.
    I hope so, Maeve is an awful character.
    I'm all for it if it means less Maeve!! Look at me I'm a teacher but also a free spirit who likes salsa!!
    I hate Maeve.

Kinda getting the message now....:D

vektarman wrote: »
    Kinda getting the message now....:D

but he/she is right meave knew dermot had a kid before they got together so why complain now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Well, to be fair to Maeve, lots of people have kids and still are nowhere near as utterly boring as Dermot.

The scene with Dermot, Orla, and Maeve in the Station was cringey. Dermot was talking and dressed like a sixty-year-old man. I mean how old is he? 40 at the absolute most? That doesn't mean he has to be the most boring man on the planet.

(That said, Maeve is a bit of a pain in the arse too.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Well, to be fair to Maeve, lots of people have kids and still are nowhere near as utterly boring as Dermot.

The scene with Dermot, Orla, and Maeve in the Station was cringey. Dermot was talking and dressed like a sixty-year-old man. I mean how old is he? 40 at the absolute most? That doesn't mean he has to be the most boring man on the planet.

(That said, Maeve is a bit of a pain in the arse too.)

Dermot would be way past 40. Mid forties at least.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement