Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

tajd wrote: »
    wonder how vinos is getting on with no chef since neil gone did the other guy come back from the olympics
    Very true - amazing how Orla can serve 20 people in a restaurant on her own but it takes a staff of five to run a pub with a similar number of customers !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Fair City should do one of those helpline announcements at the end credits - "If you have been affected by any the issues raised in this program you can ring......." :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Bealbinn wrote: »
    Nah, son's friends went fishing (or whatever) last minute so he needed his Dad's company for the match pronto. We had to cancel his friends in the midlands who had prepared lunch!! That was The Last Straw, and I am a patient person.

At least Ben's illnesses can't be helped and he is a child, but they're not serious enough sicknesses to be standing Maeve up all the time. Does anyone think she will get sense and her and Sean will get together?
    I'll tell you what happened there
    He probably never had any intention of going for lunch. He only said he'd go so he could get the ride the night before.
    Gave the son a cheeky text to call him about the match
    No blame on him, doesn't have to go on a poxy lunch date with people he probably hates and he gets to see the match
    Win win for him

Also you do realize fair city is not a documentary or a guide on how to raise children right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

can someone tell me why paul and niamh are stuck for cash or always talking about it

niamh works for herself
    paul own the gargage

they own a block of flats also

ffs mind boggling

Not sure what Niamh is working at but she doesn't earn much.
    The garage is losing money
    The flats are barely paying the mortgage on them
    :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Back in the early days they used to film a lot of the outdoor stuff in the Navan Road area of Dublin.

Are you sure about that??? Never heard that in my life.

Where exactly in the Navan Road??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Dermot might be realising that him and Maeve have very different interests and even though she his is teacher she dont like seeing so much of Ben outside of school and interacting with him but who can blame her :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Stephen got a lot of lines tonight, he was almost gleaming as he was saying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I think Clara is developing a Dublin accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

ingrid was writing bad things about carol on her phone...whats that bout?? did l hear that right :?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Wayne: "I will destroy you" (to Paul).

Seems a little too close to Lucy's speech with Pete. Soon enough Wayne will call Niamh is mom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Hate that Maeve wan. She's an awful yoke.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Stephen got a lot of lines tonight, he was almost gleaming as he was saying them.
    He's psychic too. Wayne asks him for a pint and whatever Dolores wants and Stephen says "coming right up" without even asking what Dolores wants.
    Is there no end to his talents? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

amdublin wrote: »
    Are you sure about that??? Never heard that in my life.

Where exactly in the Navan Road??
    Heard it years ago when it first started, a relation used to live in the area.

The Navan Road starts north of Phibsboro, the area used would have been between Cabra and m50 approx.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    He's psychic too. Wayne asks him for a pint and whatever Dolores wants and Stephen says "coming right up" without even asking what Dolores wants.
    Is there no end to his talents? :pac:
    How generous was Bob with the brandy???

Must have poured quadruples.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Heard it years ago when it first started, a relation used to live in the area.

The Navan Road starts north of Phibsboro, the area used would have been between Cabra and m50 approx.

Hmm this will need to be investigated further.

If you don't mind I will query this over in the D15 forum :D
    Theres a load of old Navan Roaders over there who moved to d15 and who love their trivia about both areas...they will confirm or not.

Orla "I got a postcard from Keith"

Who the hell sends postcards today :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Hitchens

yeah, he was creaming himself alright ...and he does have teeth! :D

anyone think that Maeve has a lisp? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

wouldn't be surprised if maeve & charlotte (charlie) bishop were sisters in real life.........their really alike

amdublin wrote: »
    Hmm this will need to be investigated further.

If you don't mind I will query this over in the D15 forum :D
    Theres a load of old Navan Roaders over there who moved to d15 and who love their trivia about both areas...they will confirm or not.
    Could be bull, I heard it at least third hand:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

This would be a good storyline for Stephen.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BUTT%20HASH&defid=2691923

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Whats stephen keeping in the office and why didnt he want carroll to go in there . The writers should run with it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

More evidence that the FC writers are reading this thread ;-) . We've been extolling his virtues for months !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

sffc wrote: »
    Seems like FC writers are reading this thread - Louis now talks about Jack not baby Jack , the pints of black stuff are served in normal glasses in The Station and Orla warns Dermot not to take Maeve to Vinos. Any more requests guys? ???

also major role for Stephen in tonights episode!!!

nice_very wrote: »
    also major role for Stephen in tonights episode!!!

this could be his breakout episode :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Stephen should get a gambling problem and start stroking from the pub .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

one night, Stephen locks up the pub, heads out into the street to go home and while he pauses to light a ciggy, he notices suspicious movement, slips into the shadows to confirm for himself that it is indeed loopy lucy trying to break in to dollys apartment.. coolly and calmly he calls the guards, but when he sees loopy take a large knife from beneath her trenchcoat and slip inside the door.. he drops the cig and says, not on my watch. Now, as Irelands favourite barman, and with years of experience behind him of manhandling aggressive drunks, Stephen emerges with loopy in a headlock just as the gardai arrive and take her into custody.. minutes later Polly ¬ Pete Dolly ¬ are thanking him and he just lights up a smoke, inhales, exhales while saying... all in a days work Dolly, then strolls off into the night, an unassuming righteous unsung hero, the kind that Carraigstown needs right now.

Could be bull, I heard it at least third hand:)

The wise folk in the D15 forum say it was Drumcondra not the Navan Road.

See! I told you they like trivia...And, eh, reading wikipedia :o

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I reckon Stephen will have his biggest paycheque yet this week since he joined Fair City. He spoke at least 15 words tonight. Presumably he gets paid by the word, so on weeks when he mutters "Yeah" or "Thanks", he gets a very basic salary. Fair play to Stephen and just in time for the Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Loving the love for more Stephen in FC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement