Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Thanks a million! :)

Long time reader and admirer of your anti-Maeve rants..

But she's a free spirit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

Recent article in the Irish Times about Fair City - November 3rd

Two interesting bits..
    “It’s tucked in somewhere between Phibsboro and Drumcondra and on a clear day you might find it.”
    On another wall there are a series of cards printed with the working titles of stories, underneath which are headshots of various actors. On a third wall a white board lists all the actors available for the weeks in question. The weeks in question are next April.

“You find yourself wishing your life away in this job,” says series consultant Gareth Philips. “I felt Christmasy when we were writing the Christmas storylines months ago.”

I guess that puts paid to the notion the writers are taking the suggestions here on board :P

Ingrid's eyebrows or Rita's bell??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I guess that puts paid to the notion the writers are taking the suggestions here on board :P

lets hope they are....... MORE STEPHEN PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

I would love to see a scene with Stephen discussing wine with Renee, as it happens he is an expert on wine, from his years of working in the bar trade.. Louie butts in and Stephen puts him in his place, cue apology scene from Louie to Stephen later on in the episode, resulting in Stephen taking over Sash's role of manager..

now, theres 2 Stephen scenes, and many more possible scenes as he takes on the role of manager, ditches the McCoys polo shirt and dresses down expressing himself through his clothes, cue anger from Neasa as the Station is the cool pub in Carraigstown.. ending with an affair between Stephen and Neasa as they realise they are of the same mentality, then Stephen leaves Louie high and dry, and embarks on a journey with Neasa to make the Station the coolest pub in Ireland.

I would drink there...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

nice_very wrote: »

lets hope they are....... MORE STEPHEN PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

I would love to see a scene with Stephen discussing wine with Renee, as it happens he is an expert on wine, from his years of working in the bar trade.. Louie butts in and Stephen puts him in his place, cue apology scene from Louie to Stephen later on in the episode, resulting in Stephen taking over Sash's role of manager..

now, theres 2 Stephen scenes, and many more possible scenes as he takes on the role of manager, ditches the McCoys polo shirt and dresses down expressing himself through his clothes, cue anger from Neasa as the Station is the cool pub in Carraigstown.. ending with an affair between Stephen and Neasa as they realise they are of the same mentality, then Stephen leaves Louie high and dry, and embarks on a journey with Neasa to make the Station the coolest pub in Ireland.

I would drink there...

We would all drink there :)

Good to see Stephen getting more lines. Would love to see some sort of story with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 zumo_b

Sick of the nonsense that is fair city!!! People just go randomly missing for weeks on end then just pop back in like they were never gone wit no explanation as to where or why they were missin?? Keith's goin away party his best mate ray was nowhere to b seen, Leo has just vanished!! Where's Yvonne?? Bella?? I wish I could write a script for one episode and answer all these questions

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

zumo_b wrote: »
    Sick of the nonsense that is fair city!!! People just go randomly missing for weeks on end then just pop back in like they were never gone wit no explanation as to where or why they were missin?? Keith's goin away party his best mate ray was nowhere to b seen, Leo has just vanished!! Where's Yvonne?? Bella?? I wish I could write a script for one episode and answer all these questions

Hey Zumo, you could add your mother to the list as well. Vivienne hasn't been seen for ages. Where is she??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Hey Zumo, you could add your mother to the list as well. Vivienne hasn't been seen for ages. Where is she??
    Collie has her .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Collie has her .

If that's the case, I reckon he's bitten off more than he can chew.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,124 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yay
    Ingrid
    is leaving soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

It can't be a coincidence that Stephen gets more lines just as Sash leaves. Carol/Louis situation is bound to have an :influence on staffing too so I think there's a fair chance he'll come on board. Three questions - is he credited ? if so what's his screen surname? and does anyone know the actor who plays him? Maybe find out whether he becoming a "real cast member "

Recent article in the Irish Times about Fair City - November 3rd

Two interesting bits..

The kind of changes we are noticing are "tweaks " such as Louis realizing that his wife doesn't need to be reminded their baby is a baby. They are made easily by the director or even the actor themselves on the day.
    There is a script in fair city alright but most of what we hear is made up by the actors I reckon :-D

sffc wrote: »
    The kind of changes we are noticing are "tweaks " such as Louis realizing that his wife doesn't need to be reminded their baby is a baby. They are made easily by the director or even the actor themselves on the day.
    There is a script in fair city alright but most of what we hear is made up by the actors I reckon :-D

But it all depends on when the actual filming is done. They're hardly going to re-shoot scenes because people on a message board don't like the way Louis says 'Baby Jack'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hi I love this thread. Some of the comments are priceless!

Anyway, how do I read the spoilers? Haven't a clue, thanks. Doh.

Wonder what the free spirit will be doing in tonight's episode?

Click them! Simple as. Welcome aboard :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

select them by dragging over them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 AprilMI5

zumo_b wrote: »

It certainly is annoying. It is as if they never existed and then suddenly they appear from out of no where. The episodes are dominated by certain characters one week, they disappear next week and no-one even misses them!
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

But it all depends on when the actual filming is done. They're hardly going to re-shoot scenes because people on a message board don't like the way Louis says 'Baby Jack'

I agree. It is rather silly that Louis consistently refers to Jack as "Baby Jack". I wonder if there is another Jack lurking somewhere? Perhaps Louis is delusional and has an imaginary friend which he calls "Jack"? If Louis is ad-libbing and ignoring the script by unconsciously adding the word “Baby” whenever referring to Jack well then he should be penalised financially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

sffc wrote: »
    It can't be a coincidence that Stephen gets more lines just as Sash leaves. Carol/Louis situation is bound to have an :influence on staffing too so I think there's a fair chance he'll come on board. Three questions - is he credited ? if so what's his screen surname? and does anyone know the actor who plays him? Maybe find out whether he becoming a "real cast member "

Have always assumed he was a member of the production team or something? He speaks fairly regularly.. Google shows up nothing! Would love to know..

Enjoyed tonights episode, but Ingrid's plan wasn't exactly well thought out.. How long before Louis found out the truth?

Maeve looked ridiculous wearing a scarf.. Didn't exactly look Baltic!!

I love Ingrid (she is hot! Not crazy about her hair though)

FC is without doubt the best soap on tv at the moment.. I'm a huge Ros na Rún mark, but FC has definitely overtaken it.. There was a time when FC was a laugh a minute (not intentionally), but it has improved greatly. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

Does anyone else think Maeve looks nearly the same age as Dermot? She doesn't look like this Younger Woman.
    Ingrid looks amazing, but something funny about the eyebrows, I'm sure a good pencil would sort it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

DramaQuee wrote: »
    Ingrid looks amazing, but something funny about the eyebrows, I'm sure a good pencil would sort it ;)

Serious amount of botox I reckon

Enjoyed tonights episode, but Ingrid's plan wasn't exactly well thought out.. How long before Louis found out the truth?

In fairness, Ingrid's plan was for Carol to catch them which would then mean the wedding would be of and Louis would be free. The Renee twist is a good one. She can make Louis' life miserable before she tells Bob and he destroys him :)

Does anyone else think Maeve looks nearly the same age as Dermot? ;)

All free spirits who like bike riding and gazing through telescopes look like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

"Let's go for a weekend to Birr." :D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    "Let's go for a weekend to Birr." :D

The home of free spirits!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Dermott just looks really young . You have to realise he was a middle aged td about ten years ago . Hes in his 60s now .
    Maeve looks real old all these early morning bike rides and late night giggs followed by early morning kite flying followed by late night star gazing takes its toll on your skin .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

I hate the mustard woollen yoke Maeve wears, looks like it's from that 2nd hand shop. (Another of Jo's old cast-offs?)

Does romantic Birr have a hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

I hate the mustard woollen yoke Maeve wears, looks like it's from that 2nd hand shop. (Another of Jo's old cast-offs?)

Does romantic Birr have a hotel?

There is 4 hotels in Birr according to trip adviser!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Not morethan 5 minutes ago Lucy walked past me on James Street. Holy sweet divine #^€x. I mean she is easily the best looking chick I've seen all day :)

Seriously though, she is unbelievably stunning. If I were Wayne, I wouldn't give a damn either that she is a fruit loop! You don't get to many chances in your life to pull cracking birds like her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement