Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kitsy13

just heard paul on the maxol radio ad during liveline..

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Carol name the baby yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Tommy Dillon is a nasty piece of work. A definite sociopath control freak who will stop at nothing to get his own way. The scene he had with Judy at the end of last nights episode was tragic, compelling and sickening at the same time. He seems to have some form of psychological control over Judith...there's a lot more to come from Tommy and Judiths past methinks..think Judith has some misdemeanour in her past that Tommy is using to control her and keep her 'in line'. Watch this space!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

I love Judith, she actually reminds me of my own doctor!! Dying to see what her secret is, maybe one of the kids isn't tommys. Could be good storyline for caoimhe, but going by her and her dads personalities in recent storylines they're definitely cut from the same cloth!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

C-J wrote: »
    Dying to see what her secret is, maybe one of the kids isn't tommys.
    That's exactly what I thought when I watched last night's episode. My money is on Zak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I have found the last comments from okocim and c- j to be very interesting. There is alot of potential for great storylines with the Dillon family. Their past is open to our imagination because we do not know much about it. I hope that the Fair City writers make the most of these characters for the sake of the viewers. I hope I won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

I loved those scenes on Sunday between Tommy and Judith ! The writing between these two is very good. Up to now we have seen Judith as the cool calm doctor but now as the story develops we can see that she is actually very insecure and vulnerable. Poor Judith i really feel for her, its obvious that Tommy is pulling the strings there!

I'm really looking forward to where this story goes as i reckon when Judith finds out about Jo she will go nuts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Sunday October 2nd
    Louie fails to admit he looked at the DNA results and pretends to Carol that he will drop the results off in the morning. He decides to play a game with Carol and leaves the envelope in full view on the mantelpiece in the hope that Carol will break and look at the results. Robert is pushed by Paul to decide on the tenant he wants.

Rebecca calls to the Hungry Pig and hands Bob an agreement for Sarah's house regarding him taking full charge of it. Paul slags Ray about the upcoming rules of the road exam. Bob learns that it was Sean who bad-mouthed him to Rebecca. He tries to persuade Sean that he has changed and then makes a decision to end the gossip. Carol spots the envelope and gives into temptation and reads the DNA results. She is overcome with emotion when she learns that Louie is the father.

Dean and Leo call to Robert's flat as he is trying to show Finn the ropes. He is taken aback when Dean offers for him to come live in the Dowlings' house. Paul arrives and learns what is happening and before he can stop it, Robert decides to go and live with Dean and a shocked Finn tells Paul that he can't afford it on his own. Paul is left tenantless.

Louie meets with Carol and they both admit they know the results. They worry about telling Christy. They meet him in the park and are surprised when he appears relieved that he is not the father. But later he admits to Ray that he wishes he was the dad. Bob goes over to Number 41 and rips up the agreement in front of Rebecca and Sean to show how much he cares for her. He convinces Rebecca of his sincerity. Rebecca gives Sean control of the house and Finn has to grovel to get his room back.

Paul tells Niamh about their financial difficulty and even though she is annoyed they agree they will find a solution to their money troubles. In McCoy's pub the rules of the road exam begins between Paul and Ray. Paul is announced the winner but then he is caught out cheating as he has the answers written on his hand. Baby Jack is welcomed into the community, and by Christy as well.

Tuesday October 4th
    Dermot lies to Jo that he is on top of their financial difficulties, but when Ben asks for a new tracksuit, Dermot refuses to let Jo buy one. Philip tells Dermot that it's not fair to Ben as he stands out in his old tracksuit. Carol is surprised when Louie tells her he wants to christen Jack straight away. She starts to worry when she sees the list and notes that 'half the chamber of commerce' are on it. In Monastery Avenue, Vivienne is shocked to see Caoimhe come out from Decco's room, after obviously staying the night. But Vivienne notes how much happier Decco is.

Charlie meets Carol in McCoy's and accuses her of neglecting her mayoral duty. He tells her that he needs a working Mayor and she's obviously too busy. She refuses to do more publicity. Dermot asks Louie if he will try and get him some business by recommending him to a friend, but Louie refuses a down cast Dermot. Dermot, who is overheard by Philip, talks to a bank manager about his financial difficulties but is refused a loan. Philip notes that Dermot is beginning to lose it.

In the Hungry Pig, Bob helps Zak with his school project, Caoimhe flaunts her relationship with Decco and Bob lends an ear to Charlie when he bemoans Carol. Bob suggests to Zak that he interviews Carol about being mayor. Caoimhe gets Decco to pay for her mum's lunch, much to her displeasure. Louie and Niamh talk about the christening and she agrees that they should have a big bash. Carol gets annoyed with her for saying that and takes her frustration out on her. She tells her that she doesn't want people talking about them but Niamh tells her not to worry.

In the Faheys' household Dermot gets stressed when he sees Ben wearing a new tracksuit and upsets Ben. He asks Jo what she is doing and reminds her that there is no money coming into the house. Jo tells him that she'll try and get a job but doesn't really mean it. He goes to the community centre and overreacts when Charlie won't offer him work. Louie wins Carol around and she agrees to have a big christening but he is then unhappy when she tells him she wants Tracey to be godmother to Niamh.

Zak calls to the pub to interview Carol, and Louie is amused by his grilling of Carol's failure as a mayor. She realises she has been duped by Charlie. Carol gives Dermot the money he is owed. Vivienne is surprised when she hears Decco telling Caoimhe not to upset her parents. Caoimhe and Decco go to the Dillon's house but the Dillons feel awkward so Decco leaves. Back at the Faheys', Ben offers Dermot his piggy bank money to pay for his tracksuit and Dermot breaks down crying.

Wednesday, October 5th
    o tells Dermot that Ben has an ear ache and they fight when he questions her bringing him to the doctor. Carol queries Louie's suggestion that Tracey is an undesirable godparent and that they shouldn't invite Ali to the christening. She then vents at Charlie when he politely requests a meeting about her mayorship and asks her to resign. She tells him that if he asks for her chain again he'll "get it where [he] feels it". But she later tells a surprised Charlie that she has resigned.

Carol decides to get rid of her old wedding dress and hands it into Jo, asking her to give it to another charity shop as she doesn't want Christy seeing it in the Helping Hand. Decco insists to Caoimhe that she has to go to work, even though she wants to pull a sickie. She goes to the surgery and sulks when Judith refuses to give her time off. Jo arrives in with Ben and puts Caoimhe in her place. Carol agrees to ask Niamh to be godmother.

Charlie inadvertently gives Dermot hope of more employment when he says that he may have a 'proposal' for him. When Jo goes to pay for Ben's treatment with Dr Judith, she is mortified when her credit card is declined. Caoimhe is extremely rude about the card being rejected and Judith gives out to her as Jo tries to hide her embarrassment. Caoimhe storms out. Jo then meets Tommy and confides about their bad financial situation.

Caoimhe calls to Decco's house and he tells her that he's surprised to see her. She gets annoyed when Decco tells her that she should have finished her shift. She accuses him of wanting to be her mother's pet. He tells her she is spoilt and she storms out. Judith and Jo talk about the Faheys' financial difficulties and Tommy warns Jo not to get involved. In the Dillons' house, Tommy and Judith realise that Caoimhe has strong feelings for Decco. Tommy is shocked when Jo calls to the house asking to speak to Judith. She asks Judith for some of the hours that Caoimhe no longer wants in the surgery and Judith agrees to employ her.

Carol is offended by Louie seeming snobbish to her friends. She also tells him that he won't turn their child into 'Lord Louie Gleeson'. Dermot is shocked when Charlie's proposal is to take on the role of Lord Mayor. He says he has no interest. Jo pushes Dermot again about their financial situation and asks if there are any other nasty surprises. He lies, saying there isn't.

Thursday October 6th
    Caoimhe and Judith fight over Judith giving Jo some of her hours. She threatens to take Judith to court. Louie stuns Bob with his passion for Carol. Jo starts her first day and struggles to keep up with everything Caoimhe shows her. But she proves to be competent and Judith is happy with her. Louie and Carol make up after their fight and Carol calls Tracey but she doesn't answer the call.

In the Hungry Pig, a stressed Dermot gets a nasty call from his mortgage lender demanding that he pays his outstanding three months. Dermot begs for an extension. They ask him to come in and talk to them. Carol and Louie decide to call their baby Jack Louie Gleeson and Niamh is reinstated as godmother. Tommy gives Caoimhe a job to deliver groceries and she doesn't listen to Tommy's instructions, when he tells her to check the tyres. He gives her money for petrol and she drives off in a rush.

Decco and Dearbhla talk about Caoimhe and how stubborn she can be. Dearbhla gives him some words of advice. Later, a harassed Dermot bumps into Decco. Decco provokes him and Dermot flips asking Decco for a fight. He tells Decco he is to blame for his money woes. Judith is really impressed with Jo's work ethic and hires her full time. But Jo is forced to ask to be paid for her first day in cash as she is so broke.

Caoimhe realises that she is in trouble with the car and calls Decco for help. She tells him where she is before her phone goes dead. He tells her he will find her. Tommy gets concerned when there is no sign of Caoimhe returning. Tommy gets frustrated, thinking that she went off with Decco and is up to her old tricks. Zak asks an amused Charlie if he can run for office.

Carol backs away from Louie's suggestion that they become mass goers. A disgusted Niamh, who has just changed Jacks nappy, is dumped from her godmother role again as they decide not to have a christening. Decco frantically searches for Caoimhe and ends up breaking his curfew to rescue her. When they get back to the Dillons' house Tommy has to eat humble pie when he realises Decco has put Caoimhe first. Dermot tells Jo that they need to sell the car to pay their mortgage. They decide to sell some of their items on eBay. She decides to put Carol's old wedding dress up, which was supposed to go to the Helping Hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

angel01 wrote: »
    Glad you both had a great time, Who did you meet in the cast?

Last year, they gave me a script for the Sunday's episode, I got all the cast to sign it there and then :D I would love the chance one day to go back on the set again... so if anyone from Fair City is watching... PM me :D

We met tommy, judith, Neasa, Caoimhe, Keith, Deegan, Damien, Suzanne, Yvonne, Christy, Leo, Bob, Dolores (who was talking about you angel ;) (i think)

They were all lovely esp Martina who plays Dolores very nice lady i have to say.

blondie7 wrote: »
    We met tommy, judith, Neasa, Caoimhe, Keith, Deegan, Damien, Suzanne, Yvonne, Christy, Leo, Bob, Dolores (who was talking about you angel ;) (i think)

They were all lovely esp Martina who plays Dolores very nice lady i have to say.

Would have loved to meet them all again, I loved Martina, a true star... glad to hear I didn't miss out on Louie :eek:

Would have loved to meet Damien, Suzanne and Yvonne though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

angel01 wrote: »
    Would have loved to meet them all again, I loved Martina, a true star... glad to hear I didn't miss out on Louie :eek:

Would have loved to meet Damien, Suzanne and Yvonne though!

No i was hoping Louie would be there but unfortunatly not :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Sam Tyler wrote: »
    I loved those scenes on Sunday between Tommy and Judith ! The writing between these two is very good. Up to now we have seen Judith as the cool calm doctor but now as the story develops we can see that she is actually very insecure and vulnerable. Poor Judith i really feel for her, its obvious that Tommy is pulling the strings there!

I'm really looking forward to where this story goes as i reckon when Judith finds out about Jo she will go nuts!!

I also really enjoyed that scene. I don't usually like Tommys acting but I thought he was good in that kitchen scene. It was great to see more of Judiths personality. I hope we see more of that.
    I think Deloras would have made a better and more believable confidante to Judith, rather than Niamh.

I wonder how poor Denzo is getting on with Ritchie Lennon?:(

blondie7 wrote: »
    No i was hoping Louie would be there but unfortunatly not :(

I believe he lives in Leitrim so bit of a trek for him to get to :( I would have loved to have met Carol also..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Is that a baby?
    No its a Monkey:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

'Call him after his father'

Haha Bob is class. Completely wasted in FC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Quick witted like myself:o

Thanks for the spoilers Angel. I have to say I hadn't a clue about how to read them but I got a little help from google. Glad about the result for Carol's baby. It makes the whole louie and Carol relationship special and also time for Christy to really know that Carol is really in the past as far as he is concerned. It was a little bit awkward tonight to see Carol put the baby monitor near the cash register in front of people who were led to believe the baby was still in hospital.

Angel, I'm sure you enjoyed those scenes of Louie and the baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

I'm beginning to notice a disturbing pattern developing so bear with me. . . Christy started the whole greasy slicked back hair thing, which suddenly became popular with Louie, both of which been with Carol. Imagine my horror in tonights episode to see the gorgeous Finn going down this route tonight! Whats next for him, it's beginning to look like a hookup with Carol if previous form is anything to be looked at!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Ya noticed Finns new hairstyle.:eek: Makes him look a lead in Grease. Must be the stylists favourite look.;)

• Advertisement

ameliajane wrote: »
    Angel, I'm sure you enjoyed those scenes of Louie and the baby!

I absolutely did, adorable to watch... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Wow...utter disbelief....Thats the first episode that Rebecca didnt throw herself at a man :D:D:D

I hope Tracey is back soon

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She gets mentioned soon but I really wish she would come back...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭FionnB

ameliajane wrote: »
    Glad about the result for Carol's baby. It makes the whole louie and Carol relationship special and also time for Christy to really know that Carol is really in the past as far as he is concerned. /QUOTE]

Thanks, ameliajane, for putting in your own uncovered spoiler there. Just the one time I decided not to have a look...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I doubt it, my sister in law saw Hilda Fay last week and she was heavily pregnant. I don't think Tracy will be back for a while :(

jos28 wrote: »
    I doubt it, my sister in law saw Hilda Fay last week and she was heavily pregnant. I don't think Tracy will be back for a while :(

Again f*ck :( congrats to her shame though as Tracey is a great character

Congratulations to her, she is badly missed but she has been in the show for a long while so she deserves the time off! :)

Highlights of the Ploughing Championships, may recognise a few faces :D

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1113676

• Advertisement

I offer my apologies to you FionnB and anyone else who read my uncovered spoiler.
    I'm very sorry from A.Jane

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement