Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

A good warning to heavily pregnant women - don't end up alone in a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

That has to be the most unrealistic scene of someone giving birth. IMO, that was the worst episode in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Hmm i don't remember my labour being like that!! Talk about unrealistic, this tommy storyline had better be good or else it'll be a poor week for us viewers havin to watch that muck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Haven't seen tonights yet... but just noticed the Producer, Brigie de Courcy is now producer of this RTE 2 show..

http://www.ballybraddan.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

did anyone else think that some of the scenes of carol in the lift were agonizingly long? and awkward? that's how i felt anyway. i was thinking to myself "jeeeees enough already.. move to another scene!!" i dunno. i was a bit disappointed. not in her acting.. but rather the direction or writing or something.

• Advertisement

i wanted it to be christy that was her knight in shining armour and he'd end up delivering the baby and they'd all be a big happy family!! Wishful thinking! Decco was very good in those scenes though fair play to him

I thought Carol acted it well, panic setting in and being alone and trapped in a lift. It was uncomfortable watching her moaning, crying and groaning after a while. The scenes went on a little bit too long but it was dramatic anyway.

Decco was the knight in shining armour in those scenes. If it wasn't for his intervention Carol would not have been helped in her hour of need. Is Dermot becoming suspicious about Jo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I love Caoimhe's new look - the hair and lipstick and I think her and Decco are going to be like Bonnie and Clyde. Where's Keith???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

For one night only, they're changing the name of the show from "Fair City" to "Muck-Savages City" and replacing the theme tune to the old 'Glenroe' theme tune!

You heard it here first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

deelite wrote: »
    I love Caoimhe's new look - the hair and lipstick and I think her and Decco are going to be like Bonnie and Clyde. Where's Keith???

Will being with Decco make Caoimhe likeable? Not for me

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Will being with Decco make Caoimhe likeable? Not for me

I think if she sticks with Decco you might end up liking her. IMO she'll end up turning a blind eye (just like her mamma :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Would love to see a scene with Carol,Louie and Christy on Jeremy Kyle for DNA tests,revealed!

OMG Shelly is back - this should be interesting - she hasn't changed a bit.
    Well Done lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

That baby looks like 2/3 mths old......good luck to them passing him off as premature!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Shelley hasnt aged at all...she looked great.
    I nearly choked on my food....Jo showing a bit of leg while wearing her wellies......not good viewing. :mad::mad:

Tommy true colour being revealed. Judith found some evidence of his cheating! How is Mr. Organic going to get off the hook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

If Tommy has been going for years, surely he has farmer friends who go too who will notice the woman that he is all over is not his wife? :confused:

Whatever about that.. I bet he wasnt expecting to meet one of the Fair City writers down there..

Stanley Gleeson. I'm so glad they changed their minds. Poor child. How about Decco Gleeson considering Decco's Florence Nightingale act, they may just warm to the idea of Declan "Decco" Gleeson (or as the case may be) Phelan!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

That was a very clever move bringing shelly back! I hope she comes into contact with Dolores there should be some sparks there!
    There has been some very clever writing with this story you can see how all the layers are staring to be stripped away.
    Looking forward to Judiths reaction! On the exterior so cool and calm but i reckon she will go nuts! I also thinks she knows about shelley and Tommy!

Loved the scenes at the plowing all the faces in the background trying to get on tv!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

They have to show When Shelley met Dolores. If they have Val in every scene, they should have these two.

Would be a big oversight by the writers not to bring them together. Meeeeoooowww!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Who is Shelley & what did she do? I don't remember her in it before.

That "premature" baby thing really annoyed me, if that baby really was 8 weeks premature, no way would he be allowed home. Baby's lungs aren't fully developed by then, so he would have to be in an incubator for at least a week or two. I find it a little insulting to families who may have premie babies and have had to watch their baby struggle to catch up & thrive. Maybe I'm taking it to personally since I was a premie :p Just think it's very unrealistic.

Edit: I know that the baby may be Christy's & not really premature, in which case fine, but if it's going to end up being Louie's, and genuinely premature, it's ridiculous! Anyway, rant over! :p Can't wait for Sundays episode :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Who is Shelley & what did she do? I don't remember her in it before.

That "premature" baby thing really annoyed me, if that baby really was 8 weeks premature, no way would he be allowed home. Baby's lungs aren't fully developed by then, so he would have to be in an incubator for at least a week or two. I find it a little insulting to families who may have premie babies and have had to watch their baby struggle to catch up & thrive. Maybe I'm taking it to personally since I was a premie :p Just think it's very unrealistic.

Edit: I know that the baby may be Christy's & not really premature, in which case fine, but if it's going to end up being Louie's, and genuinely premature, it's ridiculous! Anyway, rant over! :p Can't wait for Sundays episode :D

Shelley had an affair with Harry :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

ameliajane wrote: »
    Tommy true colour being revealed. Judith found some evidence of his cheating! How is Mr. Organic going to get off the hook!

This bit had me confused :confused:
    Could he not have bought that jewellery for her but just not have given it to her yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

hiscan wrote: »
    This bit had me confused :confused:
    Could he not have bought that jewellery for her but just not have given it to her yet?

That's what I thought! Why did Judith look suspicious?? Surely she would have thought he'd bought it for her and just hadn't given it to her yet??

Fittle wrote: »
    That's what I thought! Why did Judith look suspicious?? Surely she would have thought he'd bought it for her and just hadn't given it to her yet??

i think it comes out to be that he's done this many times before and judith is just starting to put the pieces together, jewellery, heading away and reluctant for son to join him etc. But the sh1t will hit the fan when he doesnt actually give it to Judith and she realises that history is repeating itself

Is Jo going on Joe Duffy's show today :p

How the hell does Carol think that baby will pass as premature and of course Bob of all people right on cue to discover the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Bob to Caoimhe - "They certainly wasted their money educating you".

Just brilliant with the barbed one-liners. :D

Also what's Jo's argument - that she's more ethical than Tommy because she's only cheated once? :rolleyes:

Hey Caoimhe Mrs Doyle (Fr. Ted) called she wants her red lippy back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hey Caoimhe Mrs Doyle (Fr. Ted) called she wants her red lippy back

So thats why Sister Assumpta is on Fair City.....Mrs Doyle sent her:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement