Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I can't understand Niamh at all. Is she insecure or jealous or does she still not trust Paul completely after his past of adultery. I mean she is looking after Paul and Yvonne's baby and is in the role of being Baby Ruth's mother. This baby is the result of her husband's affair. This act of adopting the child shows a very forgiving person. She is also perfectly happy to stay as Paul's wife. However, if tonight's episode is anything to go by Niamh has 'issues', and serious ones too! Is Paul on the slippery slope to divorce no. 2?

Val is like a stalker at this stage. A bit scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

val is like a bad smell!!! see the face on ray as she took a rather large sup of beer! :pac:

Deegan was quick to leave on seeing her arrival. He even gave her his pint. Who would blame him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Maybe Niamh should get a nurses uniform herself - might help with Paul's roaving eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

cofy wrote: »
    Maybe Niamh should get a nurses uniform herself - might help with Paul's roaving eye.
    I wouldnt like to see her in a nurse's uniform. It would suit Neasa though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

max life wrote: »
    I wouldnt like to see her in a nurse's uniform. It would suit Neasa though ;)

Would actually be brill to see her in one;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Deise 2012

cofy wrote: »

Maybe she should borrow Caoimhe's, I know it would be a little small for her, but i doubt Paul would complain, and neither would too many male viewers i guess. Once she is finished of it she could pass it on to Judith. Again it might be a bit on the small size but who would complain.

Would actually be brill to see her in one;)

Who Niamh or Nessa

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Deise 2012 wrote: »
    Who Niamh or Nessa

I think Fair City's Christmas card should be the whole cast in nursing uniforms. They could get sponsored by the Mater.

It would suit Ray a lot.

• Advertisement

Who Niamh or Nessa

Neasa of course!!!!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

The thought just occured to me that Caoimhe is the Coronation Street Rosie Webster character of Fair City..the nod to the bimbo, air-head, self obsessed, X Factor generation that soaps like to reflect in their story lines these days. Nurse outfit or not, still think she's a terrible character, those awful facial gestures and whiney moaney nouveau riche voice...horrible :eek::eek::eek:

The thought also occured to me that Bryan Murray (Bob) is in many ways wasted on the small screen, don't get me wrong, he's brilliant in Fair City, but could see him playing a twisted evil cunning psycho type character in a movie..he'd be well capable of holding his own on the big screen.

Actually think Charlotte is doing well with her latest scenes..am seeing a bit more depth to her acting abilities.

Havn't taken to Val at all, may be easier in smaller doses, but she's in too many scenes at the moment. Look forward to seeing her in a few scenes with Cas...good potential for some slapstick laughs there.

I think Fair City's Christmas card should be the whole cast in nursing uniforms. They could get sponsored by the Mater.

It would suit Ray a lot.

Would you want to see the Mary Harney look alike in any other nurses uniform than the one that they appear to have welded onto her. She wearing one like Caoimhe's does not bear thinking of.

Okocim wrote: »

Havn't taken to Val at all

Was she Grabit or Fetchit on Padjo's show. Cant remember which was the male and which was the female.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Was she Grabit or Fetchit on Padjo's show. Cant remember which was the male and which was the female.

The actor who plays Val played Grabbit in Pajo's Junkbox

branie wrote: »
    The actor who plays Val played Grabbit in Pajo's Junkbox

Long before my time :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Sunday September 25
    Jo sees Tommy and Judith together but avoids them. Carol secretly worries about the paternity of the baby. In the Hungry Pig, Dermot and Jo publicly vent their frustration, as Dermot does not reveal to Jo that he lost the Belfast clients. A scheming Bob goes to Phelan's and indicates to Christy that all is not what it seems with Carol and the baby. Curious, Christy decides to confront Carol. He sneaks up the stairs when Louie is not looking. Carol admits that they lied to him. He asks to hold him and Louie walks in when he does. Christy demands a paternity test.

Caoimhe tries to talk to a stressed Judith about Decco but Judith fails to be sympathetic. She goes too far and Caoimhe walks out. Over in Fahey's, Tommy tries to win Jo back with the brooch but she refuses to get back with him. While he is over there, Judith checks his jacket and finds that the brooch is gone.

When Tommy arrives back, Judith confronts him about the brooch. Tommy produces the ring, saying he was waiting for the right time to give it to her. She tells him that his behaviour is similar to that of when he cheated before, but he manages to talk his way out of it and they make up.

Vivienne asks a delighted Caoimhe for dinner. Dermot confesses to a shocked Jo what happened with his client and is surprised how understanding he is. She resolves to support him. Back in Phelan's, Christy admits to Bob that he hopes the baby isn't his. Caoimhe and Zak go to the Bishops' house for dinner and Decco bonds with Zak.

Tuesday September 27th
    Niamh becomes suspicious as Louie continues to lie about the baby's health. Bob becomes discontent about owning the Hungry Pig and wants more. Paul berates Ray about being late for work, but Ray defends his relaxed attitude, saying Paul is the same. Sean and Finn argue over what items they should give back to Rebecca.

Carol begins to get cabin fever as she can't move from the apartment but Louie begs her to wait until the results are in. But later she becomes defiant and goes down stairs with the baby monitor with her. She chats to Niamh, who has been grilling Louie about the baby. But she is caught out, pretending the baby is in hospital when all in McCoy's can hear the baby cry over the monitor.

She rushes upstairs and brings the baby down to introduce him to everyone. She admits to Niamh that she lied about the dates and Leo and Sean question how old the baby really is. Bob calls in and Carol is surprised when Bob does not raise the issue about the baby.

Paul and Ray continue their argument and Paul warns him that he could face losing some hours in the garage if he's not careful. Finn suggests that Paul sell the garage. Leo then gives Ray the idea that he should become a driving instructor. When Niamh reveals this to Paul he criticises Ray's lack of loyalty to the garage. Rebecca calls to the Hungry Pig and apologises to Bob for thinking he was involved in Sarah's death, and he accepts her invitation to have a drink.

Christy then arrives at McCoy's and sees everyone around the baby. He is furious when he sees Louie picking him up and playing the loving dad. Bob goes with Rebecca to Sarah's house to collect Sarah's stuff. She gets emotional when she sees it and then begins to read Sarah's diary. After much arguing Paul and Ray come to an understanding and agree that the garage is worth working hard for. Niamh begins to realise the seriousness of their financial situation.

Wednesday September 28th
    In Phelan's, Christy is consumed with thoughts of the baby and his hatred for Louie. And back in the McCoy's sitting room, Louie promises Carol that he is going to be a better father this time round as he sees this as his second chance. Rebecca announces to Sean and Finn that she is going to stay longer in Sarah's house and Carrigstown. Sean doesn't mind but Finn is put out. She calls to Vino's and bonds with Suzanne. Carol calls to Phelan's and begs Christy to let Louie be the father, but Christy tells her that he wants to see the baby without Louie present.

Niamh and Paul discuss their financial situation and decide to up Robert's rent. They talk to him saying that the rent is going up at the end of the month and he can pay the extra amount, get another tenant or leave. Even though Robert is very stuck in his ways, he decides to get someone to live with him. Dean is delighted with this and - unknown to Robert - changes his advert to 'female only wanted'.

Paul approaches Ray and suggests that the garage can profit from the 'driving instructor' idea. He tells him that if someone buys a car that person can take six lessons from the residential instructor. Against her better judgement, Carol calls Christy when Louie is out. Christy comes around to the apartment and holds the baby. Against his better judgement, he bonds with the baby and says that he thinks Jack would be the perfect name for him. Carol sees this and, worried, she makes him leave. Louie comes back and admits how he is struggling and hopes that the baby is his. Crying, he tells her it must be very difficult for Christy as well.

A loved up Bob and Rebecca go home together. Niamh suggests to Ray and Paul that they should do the road theory and challenges them to a test. They agree to it. Finn and Sean come to the realisation that they will have to move out and make a pact that they will move in together. Christy arrives into McCoy's pub and the place goes quiet as everyone feels uncomfortable about the baby.

Thursday September 29th
    Louie reveals to Christy that the results have not arrived in yet so they can't bring them to the bank to put them in a safety deposit. Bob's gentlemanly behaviour impresses Rebecca as he pays for their breakfast but Suzanne cautions Rebecca about him. A cocky Paul diminishes Ray's confidence in his ability to pass his instructor theory test.

Finn does his best to hide his interest in Robert's advert and promises Sean that he won't look at it. Sean reveals to Rebecca that he has suffered at the hands of Barry as well, as Gina was killed in a car that Barry was driving.

In the Hungry Pig, Dean tries to down play why all the people who replied to Robert's advert are ladies. They go to Robert's house to interview the candidates, with Dean pushing for Robert to choose the good looking one. Bob tries to insist to Leo that his feelings for Rebecca are real. Christy admits to Ray what he discussed with Louie and Carol. He tells him that he is lonely and would like to have a part in the child's life but couldn't do it with Carol and Louie.

The results arrive and Christy calls to McCoy's to talk to Louie and Carol. He goes upstairs to Louie and Carol and tells them that he does not want to know who the father is. He asks Louie and Carol not to open the paternity test - they will all agree that they are the parents and Christy will have nothing to do with it. They reluctantly agree to go along with Christy's suggestion. Rebecca queries Bob about his past and he selectively agrees to tell her about some of it. He goes on to tell her about how being homeless made him realise what was important.

To Dean's shock, Finn arrives to view the apartment and is jealous and annoyed when Robert agrees to have him as a flat mate. Rebecca goes back to Number 41 and Sean reveals to Rebecca that there is more to Bob's murky past. He tells her that he stole from Charlotte's cancer fund and that he was also taking a cut from Sarah's rent. Rebecca is horrified that she could be with someone who is like that.

In McCoy's Pub, Dean shocks Sean by revealing that Finn went behind his back and is now going to live with Robert. Finn tries to protest that he was only looking at the apartment but Sean storms out. Bob is heartbroken when he learns that Rebecca is going away. He tries to explain that he did not know Sarah was dead when he took a cut of the rent. Louie cannot help himself and takes a look at the paternity test results. He is delighted to learn that he is the father.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

^
    Damn I wanted Christy to be the real daddy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

angel01 wrote: »
    Louie comes back and admits how he is struggling and hopes that the baby is his. Crying, he tells her it must be very difficult for Christy as well.
    Oh no, not Louie crying again. :(
    Once was bad enough.....

LOL, Things are hard enough lately.

I bet they are. Double meaning comedy in Fair City, a rearity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul been very funny the last few episodes some great lines

So Christy, Carol, Bob and Louie are all friends again

Loving all the extra scenes with Caoimhe;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ^
    Damn I wanted Christy to be the real daddy

I was expecting it to be so - They would have got great mileage out of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fair City films at Ploughing Championships
    00050471-314.jpg

I cant wait for all the farming sexual innuendo...

Tommy: "Jo, can I plough your furrow for you"...
    Jo: "Why, do you want to plant your seed"... *chortle* *giggle* *chortle*

Bet we'll see some extras just staring at the camera....ruining the scene:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Tommy and Jo going to the Ploughing Championships is so unrealistic, IMO. If Tommy has been going for years, surely he has farmer friends who go too who will notice the woman that he is all over is not his wife? :confused:
    Seems like too much of a risk to me, never know who you might run into!

It is going to painful watching Tommy & Jo at the ploughing championships. Apparently, someone sees them all lovey dovey and is the last person they would suspect of catching them together! Hope the end of the affair is on the cards soon!

I think Tommy is my least favourite character, him and his daughter Caoimhe - irritate me.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Carol giving birth in a lift... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Great acting from Carol and her hero Decco! Love when she said "it hurts" and he replied
    "I don't think I'd fancy it either" (or words to that effect).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement