Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,056 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder could Dermot be headed by a heart attack or break down perhaps over his money problems or he could join the Bishop empire to make more cash DERMO :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

angel01 wrote: »
    Highlights of the Ploughing Championships, may recognise a few faces

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1113676

Tommy's quote "I'm here for the ride!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

God Finn is a bad actor. That scene last night with Paul was terrible. Everything he does sounds forced. It wasnt even that complicated a scene. He just over eggs everything. Hook him up with caoimhe and send them out to Africa to help out Ringo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

pavcro10 wrote: »
    God Finn is a bad actor. That scene last night with Paul was terrible. Everything he does sounds forced. It wasnt even that complicated a scene. He just over eggs everything. Hook him up with caoimhe and send them out to Africa to help out Ringo

But we all know that Ringo didn't actually go to Africa. He went to Weatherfield in Manchester and was working as a barman.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

jaysis i'd take that milk back! there was no pull tab under the cap..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Wayne should move in with Robert,It would be hilarious!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Could you imagine being Roberts flatmate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Robert pays €900 a month rent? Has Carrigstown moved to the southside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Rebecca looks better with her hair up imo. I thought Bryan Murray (Bob) was excellent in that scene tonight discussing a sensitive issue about his son dying and how death is so final and you never will see that individual again. Good to see Dean and Leo in scenes together. I must remember to limit my posts to discussing the past stories on Fair City and not revealing spoilers. It was simply that I just didn't think of the fact that the paternity storyline had not been shown yet so I just want to emphasise my sincere apology again to those who feel I have spoilt their enjoyment of the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Yeah, I agree. Finn doesn't seem like a natural actor imo. If you compare him to Wayne (similar age) or older actors such as Bryan Murray, Clelia Murphy, Martina Stanley. The young actor such as the young lad who plays the part of Sean Cassidy is quite natural. Caoimhe though is not a favourite. She scowls and it does irritate me in her scenes. Not a character I would miss very much I have to say. Another character which I don't like is Eileen Bishop. (just too put on imho)
    It feels as if they are just learning off the lines and saying them in parrot form. A bit like I used to do when I had to spend numerous tough hours learning off quotations from poetry and plays when I was suffering ( studying ) for my Leaving Cert. What awful memories!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Sam Tyler wrote: »
    I loved those scenes on Sunday between Tommy and Judith ! The writing between these two is very good. Up to now we have seen Judith as the cool calm doctor but now as the story develops we can see that she is actually very insecure and vulnerable. Poor Judith i really feel for her, its obvious that Tommy is pulling the strings there!

I'm really looking forward to where this story goes as i reckon when Judith finds out about Jo she will go nuts!!

I missed that episode and the repeat on Monday , damn iplayer and their dispute :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Karen23 wrote: »
    I missed that episode and the repeat on Monday , damn iplayer and their dispute :mad:

Very hard to follow missed episodes when they're not on the rte player

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

Yeah i too wish they would post the repeats on the player its a shame if they can do it for "eastenders" why not fair city? "Ros na Run" is on the the tg4 player!

Bob Charles is a really complex character played very well by Bryan Murray, the scenes with Louie and carol was very good. The regret he has over the death of his own son is what defines this character i reckon.

On the Finn debate can i say i quite like the character and yer man that plays him seems to be doing a good job in my opinion not the best actor ever but does a good job. Whats going on with him and Yvonne? Is that all over??

Keith was mentioned tonight, i haven't been a regular viewer so where is he??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Does anyone get the feeling that Rebecca is a bit of a nympho? Every episode she's in seems to finish with her wanting to play bedroom gymnastics, whatever the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Does anyone get the feeling that Rebecca is a bit of a nympho? Every episode she's in seems to finish with her wanting to play bedroom gymnastics, whatever the situation.
    Yeah there is a name for people like her....:D

Why was Carol making weird faces at Christy in the scene before the break???
    I thought that the reaction of Louie and Carol to Christy's stance on the paternity of the baby was unusual. Christy has lost one son......Do they think that if he had another son, he would not want to have anything to do with him if he was the father. They really thought that he could live in the same street as his child and pretend that he was not the father, even if he was????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

C-J wrote: »
    I'm beginning to notice a disturbing pattern developing so bear with me. . . Christy started the whole greasy slicked back hair thing, which suddenly became popular with Louie, both of which been with Carol. Imagine my horror in tonights episode to see the gorgeous Finn going down this route tonight! Whats next for him, it's beginning to look like a hookup with Carol if previous form is anything to be looked at!

Deegan has had this hair style for quite a while, maybe next for her ?
    I'd say they already have "history" what with her ganster ways and him in the guards.
    Could you imagine being Roberts flatmate.

I'm told I'm quite like Robert in my ways. Dunno if that's good or bad but I do think he adds that nice bit of comedy to the show. I agree, him and wayne would be classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

ameliajane wrote: »
    Rebecca looks better with her hair up imo. I thought Bryan Murray (Bob) was excellent in that scene tonight discussing a sensitive issue about his son dying and how death is so final and you never will see that individual again.

Bob is very believable when he talks about his dead son. I can really feel his pain and anguish when he discusses it with anybody. He's such a brilliant actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Robert pays €900 a month rent? Has Carrigstown moved to the southside?

I live on the northside and pay 950 Euro a month for a 2 bed apartment...

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Looks like Bob got breakfast in bed with some extras the dirty dog.

'Thanks Robert I hope to hear from you soon.' 'You probably wont.' Class!

Can't believe Finn got the room. Why not Wayne?FC missed an opportunity with that one. Would have made for great comic relief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    'Thanks Robert I hope to hear from you soon.' 'You probably wont.'

Oh I LOL'd!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,056 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ameliajane wrote: »
    Thanks for the spoilers Angel. I have to say I hadn't a clue about how to read them but I got a little help from google. Glad about the result for Carol's baby. It makes the whole louie and Carol relationship special and also time for Christy to really know that Carol is really in the past as far as he is concerned. It was a little bit awkward tonight to see Carol put the baby monitor near the cash register in front of people who were led to believe the baby was still in hospital.

I feel sorry for Christy he has nothing I wish the baby was his and I think Carol and Louis are being horrible to him really gone off Carol and she was a great character

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I said that when I watched her this evening. I have never heard of anyone dealing with their grief by repeatedly trying to get the leg over!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Finn and Robert?? Jesus! Way to ruin a perfectly good character FC writers (I refer OBVIOUSLY to Robert!).

I love Robert. His character is so unique to soaps.

Robert reminds me of Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Finn and Robert?? Jesus! Way to ruin a perfectly good character FC writers (I refer OBVIOUSLY to Robert!).

I love Robert. His character is so unique to soaps.
    He is brilliant..I thought it was hilarious tonight when a girl came to see the house..I think Dean said you will probably here from him soon...next thing robert just says: "You probably wont" in that voice of his..The funniest thing that I seen in a while..

*Edit..Sorry just scrolled up to see it was said already..And of course I couldnt get it right aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Carol was looking hot tonight I thought, as usual..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hey did any of ye know that Ciara O'Callaghan (Yvonne) appeared topless in a movie in the late 1990s... I came across it found it on the Internet.

Hey did any of ye know that Ciara O'Callaghan (Yvonne) appeared topless in a movie in the late 1990s... I came across it found it on the Internet.

Same with Gemma Doorly aka. Sarah. She did something similiar:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Jon, what was the movie called? Was it "Ciara Does Carrigstown" ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I thought it was terrible writing the way they have portrayed Louie and Carol over their treatment to Christy, How can they act as if Christy could be cut out of being a father (especially since he has lost Floyd :()

Very unlike Carol I thought. :(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement