Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I thought the whole 'let's put the DNA results in a deposit box' was just ridiculous. It wouldn't happen and it was like a story-filler, just to keep this story line going. There's no way that out of those 3 people, one of them wouldn't have grabbed the envelope and opened it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I thought the whole DNA results episode was ridiculous and unrealistic. As far as I know, results can only be given by a solicitor or medical doctor. There are strict regulations regarding the opening of results. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you can send a sample off in the post and get the results that way ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

jos28 wrote: »
    I thought the whole DNA results episode was ridiculous and unrealistic. As far as I know, results can only be given by a solicitor or medical doctor. There are strict regulations regarding the opening of results. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you can send a sample off in the post and get the results that way ??

Came across this on one Irish site:

A Home DNA Test or Piece of Mind DNA Paternity test is named so because of the method in which the test is conducted. You purchase a Home DNA Paternity test kit over the telephone or by calling to our offices. You receive a test kit which includes oral fluid swabs, a consent form, return envelope, and full test instructions. You conduct the DNA testing in the privacy of you own home. The test is extremely easy to conduct, is painless and takes about 10 minutes to complete. The consent form must be signed by all parties, as the DNA samples will not be analysed in the laboratory if the form is not properly signed. Once you have completed the test you place everything in the addressed envelope, and send it to our laboratory where the DNA Test result is produced.

Ormond Quay Paternity Services strive to make getting a Paternity Test as simple and stress free as possible. The following are the steps involved in conducting a Paternity Test.

- Order your Home Paternity test on the telephone.
    - You receive your test kit within two working days.
    - Conduct the Paternity test within the privacy of your own home.
    - Send the DNA samples back to our laboratory.
    - Once your sample arrives in the laboratory results are produced within five working days.
    - Test results are then posted to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Hey did any of ye know that Ciara O'Callaghan (Yvonne) appeared topless in a movie in the late 1990s... I came across it found it on the Internet.
    Thats one film i would NOT want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I still hope the results are wrong and Christy is the real daddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

jos28 wrote: »

Oh they've been doing DIY DNA tests in Carrigstown for years! Didn't Frank try to swab the inside of baby Jessica's mouth for a DNA test after he had an affair with Dolores? And more recently Louie thought baby Ruth would be his but the DNA test proved she wasn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I wonder will we hear Louie saying, "Who's yer daddy?"

julyjane wrote: »
    Oh they've been doing DIY DNA tests in Carrigstown for years! Didn't Frank try to swab the inside of baby Jessica's mouth for a DNA test after he had an affair with Dolores? And more recently Louie thought baby Ruth would be his but the DNA test proved she wasn't
    Yeah you have a good memory. I forgot about Frank the Lothario trying to get a sample of Jessica's DNA. :)

Fittle wrote: »
    I thought the whole 'let's put the DNA results in a deposit box' was just ridiculous. It wouldn't happen and it was like a story-filler, just to keep this story line going. There's no way that out of those 3 people, one of them wouldn't have grabbed the envelope and opened it:rolleyes:

Have to say I normally disagree with you but here's a first :D

I have to say I still don't understand that episode or Christy's take on it, who wouldn't want to know it was their child and the chance to bring it up, be a father to him and I found it all very unrealistic and from the child's perspective, very unfair and wrong.

Terrible writing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks for all the DNA testing info Angel and Julyjane. You learn something new every day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I think it was strange for Christy to come to the conclusion that he would prefer to leave the test results sealed in its envelope and not want to know the result. It would be like a person getting their leaving results envelope and deciding to just not open it in case the results are not what you would like them to be. As if. Louie and Carol are a good match but it is not very clear if Carol really cared for Christy at all in the first place. She almost married him and would have if Louie had never been in her life. Poor old Christy lost his son, lost his wife,lost his fiance, lost his mother, never sees his only daughter Farrah who has never thought of staying with her dad given all the trauma he has suffered in his life. A man more sinned against than sinning as was a theme in King Lear. Very apt here. A bit of kindness and friendship would not go astray here Mr. Gleeson and Ms. Foley!!

Angel, you always bring interesting information and photos in your postings. I enjoyed those gems. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Niamh .....wow

Fair play to Christy. Carol's wedding to Louie will be the next big occasion and perhaps they will add the christening to the big day as well.

ameliajane wrote: »
    Fair play to Christy. Carol's wedding to Louie will be the next big occasion and perhaps they will add the christening to the big day as well.

I really feel for Christy :( he has nothing and Carol and Louie show no remorse or compassion, they could ask him to be godfather

I expected Rebecca to try her and get her leg over Sean or Finn :p

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Niamh .....wow
    :confused::confused:

I wonder who will move into Robert's apartment???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

max life wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

I wonder who will move into Robert's apartment???

high levels of hotness.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    high levels of hotness.

Some of my friends say the same thing but i cant see it myself.
    She was on FM104 last friday morning talking about FC. She was very chirpy and sounds like she is a bit of craic. She really has a great personality.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I really feel for Christy :( he has nothing and Carol and Louie show no remorse or compassion, they could ask him to be godfather

An interesting point Liz V1 it was sad to see Christy in the park when Carol came along with the baby. It was decent of him to bear no hard feelings. Carol was in floods of tears (well acted by the actress) when the real results were sinking in. She must have felt a sense of joy and relief at the results. It is unusual for a soap to have such an uncomplicated ending to a story that has dominated the show for such a long time. Perhaps, Louie and Carol will give Christy the honour of becoming the godfather. They seemed please to choose Christy's idea of the name 'Jack'. I can't help but wonder if Louie would have been as gracious as Christy was if the results were different. Hopefully, Christy will meet Ms. Right soon and who knows. Fair City are good to introduce plenty of characters into their show so the saying "plenty more fish in the sea" seems to be a sentiment that applies to Christy and is the only consolation I can think of for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Hopefully, Christy will meet Ms. Right soon and who knows. Fair City are good to introduce plenty of characters into their show so the saying "plenty more fish in the sea" seems to be a sentiment that applies to Christy and is the only consolation I can think of for him.

& lets hope it's not val!

An interesting point Liz V1 it was sad to see Christy in the park when Carol came along with the baby. It was decent of him to bear no hard feelings. Carol was in floods of tears (well acted by the actress) when the real results were sinking in. She must have felt a sense of joy and relief at the results. It is unusual for a soap to have such an uncomplicated ending to a story that has dominated the show for such a long time. Perhaps, Louie and Carol will give Christy the honour of becoming the godfather. They seemed please to choose Christy's idea of the name 'Jack'. I can't help but wonder if Louie would have been as gracious as Christy was if the results were different. Hopefully, Christy will meet Ms. Right soon and who knows. Fair City are good to introduce plenty of characters into their show so the saying "plenty more fish in the sea" seems to be a sentiment that applies to Christy and is the only consolation I can think of for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

My OH was wondering if Louie may have fiddled with the samples, I missed a few episodes so didn't see where they sent them off but OH said something about the envelope not being sealed?

Can anyone confirm?

julyjane wrote: »
    My OH was wondering if Louie may have fiddled with the samples, I missed a few episodes so didn't see where they sent them off but OH said something about the envelope not being sealed?

Can anyone confirm?

Well Sean signed for the results letter and later on Louie opened

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Was anyone else surprised to see Robert jump at the chance to move in with Dean and Leo? Considering he needs to be in control and have order and structure in his life at all times, I don't see how he'll get it if he moves in with that pair of galoots. Or maybe this is going to be Fair City's stab at comedy with an Odd Couple-type situation??

Cue the music......

Robert is probably chuffed at the idea that Dean and Leo wish him to share their place. It has not dawned on him how 'difficult' it is going to be for him and them to adjust to the situation. This comedy will be interesting to see.

It is unusual that the results confirmed Louie. It sort of tidied up the whole Christy issue. Soaps don't usually follow this way. Perhaps, baby Jack is going to be a challenge for the loved up duo. Perhaps, there is Carol's history and past to emerge. She must have a few skeleton in her cupboard. Who was Lorcan's dad? Her previous empire had a few shady, criminal connections. What is really known about Carol's own family apart from the late Lorcan. Ali, the mother of her grandchild wasn't exactly supportive of the Louie factor. She and Louie may not be 'friends'. Ali's own family are not exactly going to be similar to Louie either. Could be a rocky road ahead. Plenty of scope here for storylines.

Christy could have a bright future ahead and Carol may yet regret not becoming Mrs Phelan. Can Louie and Carol and baby Jack remain the happy family. This is a soap after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It is unusual that the results confirmed Louie. It sort of tidied up the whole Christy issue. Soaps don't usually follow this way.

Agreed. I was surprised at the way that Sunday night's episode seemed to finish with all the loose ends tied up neatly - not very soaplike. It reminded me of your average ending to The Waltons. Goodnight Christy. Goodnight Carol. Goodnight Louie. Goodnight John-Boy.

• Advertisement

Agreed. I was surprised at the way that Sunday night's episode seemed to finish with all the loose ends tied up neatly - not very soaplike. It reminded me of your average ending to The Waltons. Goodnight Christy. Goodnight Carol. Goodnight Louie. Goodnight JohnJack-Boy.

FYP :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement