Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Guys! His name is Dermish :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Laura's entire purpose is to listen to Wayne whinging. What a step up in the world for the actress.

I've completely lost interest in the Lucy storyline. She hasn't done anything interesting in ages. The storyline could really do with kicking up several notches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Does Spandex the Lesbian work 24 hours a day, 365 days a week....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Stephen's playing a blinder this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Does Caoimhe really need help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Dermish spends a Sunday playing with Ben. This drama is just too exciting for me; I'm not sure I'll be able to cope if they manage to actually make that lego spaceship.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Dermish spends a Sunday playing with Ben. This drama is just too exciting for me; I'm not sure I'll be able to cope if they manage to actually make that lego spaceship.

they didnt have the budget for that scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cas must be really lonely or demented if he offered to look after Ben so Dermot could go for a pint someone get Cas to the doctor fast (not Judith though)

Time to send Caoimhe back to Kilkenny to be with Zak or sign her away somewhere or kill her off, her acting is god damn awful

• Registered Users Posts: 16,343 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I thought Caoimhe would be plotting revenge on the Bishops but it doesn't seem to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

Why does Laura walk around like a bloke? Is that how she thinks a lesbian behaves ffs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

I've cracked it.

Aoibheann McCaul who plays de scowl must be pioneering some new form of acting technique whereby you focus really really hard on acting badly until such time that it becomes expected, and then ya turn de character into one requiring sympathy for invented mental health issues and all of a sudden folk will be saying doesn't she do de role well, it must be v hard etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

tonights episode was fairly ****ty. dermish and bens t-shirts did not look home made.
    laura needs to get a life........does anyone actually go to self defence classes anymore, i thought they went out with line dancing.
    i thought stephen was great tonight too, he's so chatty with the customers
    lucy needs to start doing a few mental things at this stage

Ha! Love the stephen love! Someone pointed out before that he chose to do fair city for his community service! In fairness having to hang around looking at some of that godawful acting is a tough punishment!

thoose t-shirts were no way hand-made lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Ha! Love the stephen love! Someone pointed out before that he chose to do fair city for his community service! In fairness having to hang around looking at some of that godawful acting is a tough punishment!
    Gin and tonic please Stephen...

"ok"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

The Lucy charachter has just turned into a bore. Could she not sneak into Deloreses room and cut her hair off then sleep in her bed with her and pretend in the morning some baddy put her in there and cut deloreses hair.
    Dermishes lego spaceship is going to take them to Cork to see mammy . The cloaking device for the spaceship will be a scarf or a well placed bag just like mrs dermish used to use to hide her belly .
    If an old man knocked on my door asking me to go the pub so he could babysit Id atleast have him checked out to see if he was on the sex offenders register. This is real life not barney or forty coats.
    Stephen should get a storyline if I had facebook Id set up a campaign for it. He should abduct Ben or something. Maybe follow him around the spar saying "psst look what I have " like that fella in the dailymail today.
    I want the return of detective John Deagan , where has he been , the Bishops are running riot. Did he say I need a holiday in the guise of Bruce Willis after he put Barry in the big house.
    Fast Eddie seems to have disappeared too , Wayne needs to be parted with his money before he spends it all on the flat.
    Damien hasnt had a storyline in ages , the last I seen him do anything was giving charlies missus a price on plastering her bedroom wall.

On a lighter note I hear David is doing great in Somalia , got a job on the somalian fair city . He plays a mexican wrestler called el loco homie charity. He is currently doing a storyline where he teaches the locals how to play horseshoes. He came across a bag of them .

I think Stephen should stay as he is...killer lines such as "i'll drop them over to you"

I think Stephen should stay as he is...killer lines such as "i'll drop them over to you"

its the non verbal communication, the nod of the head, the wrist action when pulling a pint, or like sally o brien.............the way he might look at you

i thought it was a bit creepy cas looking to babysit ben, even though his character is completely harmless. imagine him knocking at your door wanting to mind your kids................mind you with my two i'd probably let him in and leg it out the door.

'deegan' works as a taximan when he is not on faircity, he hasn't been on it in ages.

lol re david and the horseshoes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

cloptrop wrote: »
    The Lucy charachter has just turned into a bore. Could she not sneak into Deloreses room and cut her hair off then sleep in her bed with her and pretend in the morning some baddy put her in there and cut deloreses hair.
    Dermishes lego spaceship is going to take them to Cork to see mammy . The cloaking device for the spaceship will be a scarf or a well placed bag just like mrs dermish used to use to hide her belly .
    If an old man knocked on my door asking me to go the pub so he could babysit Id atleast have him checked out to see if he was on the sex offenders register. This is real life not barney or forty coats.
    Stephen should get a storyline if I had facebook Id set up a campaign for it. He should abduct Ben or something. Maybe follow him around the spar saying "psst look what I have " like that fella in the dailymail today.
    I want the return of detective John Deagan , where has he been , the Bishops are running riot. Did he say I need a holiday in the guise of Bruce Willis after he put Barry in the big house.
    Fast Eddie seems to have disappeared too , Wayne needs to be parted with his money before he spends it all on the flat.
    Damien hasnt had a storyline in ages , the last I seen him do anything was giving charlies missus a price on plastering her bedroom wall.

On a lighter note I hear David is doing great in Somalia , got a job on the somalian fair city . He plays a mexican wrestler called el loco homie charity. He is currently doing a storyline where he teaches the locals how to play horseshoes. He came across a bag of them .

Funniest Fair City thing Ive read in a long time!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I'm waiting for something like Wayne arriving up the counter and ordering a few drinks and asking Stephen to drop them down to Lucy who's sitting at a table kind of like this:

Wayne: "Stephen, can I have a pint and a mineral for Lucy? Would you mind dropping them over to Lucy while I've a quick word with Damien? Sure, you know Lucy, don't you?
    Stephen: "Sure I know Lucy well. I knew from before she burned down the family home killing both her parents. I'll drop those drinks over in a minute."

Camera focuses on Wayne's shocked expression.
    -- Cut to credits --

3 whole sentences from Stephen is probably a bit much in one episode though so it's probably too much to hope for. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

DeepBlue wrote: »
    3 whole sentences from Stephen is probably a bit much in one episode though so it's probably too much to hope for. :pac:

A bit much in one season.....

He says so much in a non verbal way. Sometimes he even over acts, such is the powerful delivery of his non-lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tommy's brother Luke has romantic history with Judith perhaps he is Neasa or Caoimhe's real daddy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tommy's brother Luke has romantic history with Judith perhaps he is Neasa or Caoimhe's real daddy
    Perhaps he is Tommys father and his brother. Thatd be a typical dillon man path of rights. Once the strongest son is silver enough he kills off the father (grandad Dillon) and mates with the mother. Sure isnt it all organic.

My first impression of Stephen was that he works elsewhere in faircity and is such a total legend they just had to give him screen time!! Ya know like the set mover that is a gas c*nt!!

My first impression of Stephen was that he works elsewhere in faircity and is such a total legend they just had to give him screen time!! Ya know like the set mover that is a gas c*nt!!
    I heard he was once such a famous actor, he had to have plastic surgery and fake his death because his fame was affecting his talents. He then took a job in fair city as the acting teacher and takes the odd line just to show them how its done.
    I heard he is very frustrated with his progress and feels he has failed in his teaching Decco Bishop to stand up straight. It really annoys Stephen when a fella who is 6 foot four look 5 foot because he slouches so much .

• Registered Users Posts: 54,721 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Stephen: "Yeah, sure.":p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

You know who would make a great double act with Stephen? Tracey in Eastenders........

pookiesboo wrote: »
    You know who would make a great double act with Stephen? Tracey in Eastenders........

that is his real life wife, they met in cambridge studying drama and made it big in hollywood but when stephen cracked and had the surgery poor old tracey had to go to albert square for a job. fair city wouldn't give her a job because she wasn't fat enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Ah good ould black the nack is back!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

IrishAm wrote: »
    Ah good ould black the nack is back!:D

Is he the gypo who used to be in Glenroe?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement