Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Caffeine pills? Judith made it sound like Dearbhla was taking crack cocaine washed down with liquid heroin.
    Anyhow didn't they do that storyline before with Dermot's Fianna Fail's boss's daughter on pills for her Leaving as well. FC must think nobody can do the Leaving any more without being dosed to the gills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Thought Damo was a bit harsh on Tommy - sure wasn't he recently on the receiving end of some slaps from Suzanne and no one told him to "forgedaboudit".

As for Luke, is he acting from a different script? It's like he's in a different show. Everything is so laboured. Was he involved in some robotic implants in Canada and then sent back here to do the same to his nieces, the academics, to start a master race of Developer Receptionists drucked up ta dah ahhballs (like Jimmy Corkhill in Brookie).

Has Rachel ever smiled? If so, what happened to her that one time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    She doesn't "follow back by request".

Vumpireofkid - were you on the Hot Press board?

Yes?! LOL! Who are you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,645 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

hungrypig wrote: »
    :eek:god, i am sick of the dillons at this stage, at least the latest addition to the family ( greyie ) can act. tommy is turning out to be some loser, after losing 80 acres he legs it up to dublin and starts to grow a few spuds in a local public park.

sure charlotte is doomed now, rachel is such an idiot ( loved the comment about her face looking like someone just pissed in her cornflakes )

i think louis is going to get back with the ex from the states, big cracks in their relationship now.

does anyone else think that sash bishop wears the weirdest clothes ever ( she was better off in the pj's ), they are a cross between a scanger and a granny

the christy/ val story is starting to become a pain in the hole already and i'm sure they will drag it out for ages yet

i actually think the 'writers' have not come up with a story for lucy yet

serious episodes of writers block on that soap

Sash's clothes are from Penneys nothing wrong with that she likes the bright colours quite a lot :p

Sash should change her hair colour and take out the extensions and perhaps get with Damo anyone else see a future coupling there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

sean needs a new girlfriens, too nice and too handsome to be with the junior scowl, i'm looking forward to her being dumped.

i thought the docs reaction to the caffeine pills was also hilarious especially given that she doesn't seem to mind scowl senior and junior going out on the major lash.

sash' clothes are definitely not from penneys.........whats that shop on talbot street ( i think they have 3 branches ) or boyers for special occassions like family prison release parties, yes she is a lick arse to louis

i think greyie is a good actor but he was probably warned by the 'producers' to tone down his talent and become a bit more wooden as he was showing up the rest of the cast. hilarious comments about the educated girls

caoimhe .............'he's the only relation i actually like'..............yeah i'd say thats mutual scowly, even your own parents hate you

• Advertisement

guineys..............thats where sash wears her clothes

I have seen quite a few items from Sash's clothes in Penneys

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sash's clothes are from Penneys nothing wrong with that she likes the bright colours quite a lot :p

Sash should change her hair colour and take out the extensions and perhaps get with Damo anyone else see a future coupling there :p

Sash's hair and makeup are AWFUL. :eek: She might actually be nice if she was a bit more natural looking!

The extensions definitely need to come out, she needs to get it cut and she needs not to put pure bleach in it anymore!! Just so, so, so, so bad! Words cannot describe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I think itd be a good storyline for sash and a few others that dont really get storylines to join weightwatchers or slimstar . Fair City represents Dublin people and if sash lost a few pound it may attract more tourists.

cloptrop wrote: »
    I think itd be a good storyline for sash and a few others that dont really get storylines to join weightwatchers or slimstar . Fair City represents Dublin people and if sash lost a few pound it may attract more tourists.

Do you really think Sash is fat :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,042 ✭✭✭✭walshb

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you really think Sash is fat :eek:

She's far from slim. I would say she is sloppy. Has an odd shape/figure. Covered up with clothes. I am betting her BMI is above 25/26.

walshb wrote: »
    She's far from slim. I would say she is sloppy. Has an odd shape/figure. Covered up with clothes. I am betting her BMI is above 25/26.

its the clothes from guineys that make her look frumpy, she had a better figure in the pj's.............maybe she's been lashing into the tayto when louis and caddal aren't looking.

They actually should!!! It's like a plot-line waiting to happen. RTE could tie it in with Operation Transformation and everything. The whole nation would watch as Sash, Niamh and Ray all lost 200lbs. :D

Can you imagine Esther whipping them all into shape!

They could even x factor up the publicity saying simon cowell demanded they lose weight to maker the storyline real . Tabloid pictures of niamh throwing up in the toilet after doing two big mac meals and a mcflurry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

They could even x factor up the publicity saying simon cowell demanded they lose weight to maker the storyline real . Tabloid pictures of niamh throwing up in the toilet after doing two big mac meals and a mcflurry.
    Not funny, disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

I knew I recognised him from somewhere....... :)

RTEGUIDE1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

I knew I recognised him from somewhere....... :)

RTEGUIDE1.jpg
    Ah now I recognise him! Wasn't there another taller dark traveller guy in glenroe, I thought greyie was him and was thinking god he's changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Ah now I recognise him! Wasn't there another taller dark traveller guy in glenroe, I thought greyie was him and was thinking god he's changed!

yeah this is the guy you are thinking of

michaels-life-is-brought-to-stage-2941474.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Maybe you're thinking of Michael Collins who played Johnnie Connors - Blackies brother. He was in Man About Dog and Pavee Lackeen the Traveller Girl.
    http://tipptatler.ie/2011/03/glenroe-actor-performs-at-nenagh-arts-centre/

eternal wrote: »
    Not funny, disgusting.

Humour is subjective , you are not the judge of all things funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Yes?! LOL! Who are you?!

same. More of a browser rather than poster as I lost login details.

eternal wrote: »
    Not funny, disgusting.

there is nothing disgusting about 2 bigmac meals and a mcflurry ..............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    same. More of a browser rather than poster as I lost login details.

Ah. I haven't posted on there properly in years...

Having no fair city on a monday sucks .

Zumo is doing a reading/prayer at Charlie and Esther's wedding next week Esther's sister also arrives next week and Charlotte is caught out on Sunday

From Digital Spy

SUNDAY 3/06/12
    Sash gets suspicious about Charlotte's demeanour and resolves to get to the bottom of the babysitting mystery. In the end, Sash succeeds in getting Charlotte to confess to Carol. Esther then advises Carol to stand up for herself with Louie and not let Rachel and Charlotte get away with the mess they have made. Carol expects Louie to show some remorse for the way he's been treating her, but Louie just digs his heels in, telling her that she's still responsible for leaving Jack in the care of teenagers against his wishes. Carol is incandescent with rage.

Later, Deegan informs Niamh and Paul that Rachel is exonerated now that Charlotte has confessed. Rachel soon takes charge and stands up to Charlotte, who spitefully reveals that it was she who sent the email to Niamh's prospective employer some weeks back. Niamh apologises to Paul for giving him so much grief over the email, while Vivienne apologises to Niamh and Paul. Can everyone move on from this experience?

Meanwhile, Tommy invites Luke to dinner, a gesture which springs from his new-found confidence in the situation and in his marriage to Judith. However, when Tommy tells Judith, she can scarcely cover her nervousness. Lunch at the Dillons' is amusingly tense, with Judith keeping Luke in check and standing firmly by her man. When Tommy gets a chance, he lets Luke know that anything between Luke and Judith is now in the past.

Elsewhere, Cass suspects that TJ has another reason for not wanting to go to Charlie's wedding.

TUESDAY 5/06/12
    Esther can tell that Charlie is planning a surprise and wonders whether he's arranging for her son David to arrive a few days in advance of the wedding. Soon afterwards, Zumo takes a notion when he hears Charlie and Dolores discussing the Child of Prague tradition, which aims to secure good weather for the bride and groom. Zumo then gives Esther a Child of Prague that belonged to his grandmother.

Later, Cass collects Esther, saying that Charlie needs her urgently. Esther's excited assumption is that she is being summoned to meet her son David. However, Esther is less than gracious when the surprise turns out to be her sister, Margy. The hostilities between the sisters begin immediately and Charlie realises his error. Cass takes Margy off for a coffee, until Esther's shock and disgruntlement subsides.

Meanwhile, Bela breaks the news to a hassled Yvonne that Rita's care home is closing down and they will need to find a new facility. Bela adds that Rita needs new clothes. Yvonne seems put-upon by caring for her family's needs. When Yvonne gives Bela some clothes for Rita, which she purchased from the Helping Hand, he turns his nose up at them. Yvonne is exasperated.

Elsewhere, Neasa argues with Finn over him being late on the payroll, leaving his staff short.

WEDNESDAY 6/06/12
    Charlie and Esther part affectionately for their last night before the wedding. Charlie jokes that Zumo is taking him and the lads to a gentleman's club in town, but then admits that they have only planned a quiet night at McCoy's.

At the same time, Margy sends Esther off for some pampering while she organises various elements for the wedding. Margy also starts organising a last-minute hen party for Esther. Later, Margy's reaction upsets Esther when she tries on her wedding dress. Margy makes it up to her by proposing a few quiet drinks with friends on the eve of the wedding. Margy flirts with Christy as soon as she meets him and asks Val if Christy is attached.

When the hen party gets under way, Esther is overwhelmed but Margy is pleased as punch. Afterwards, though, Esther lets Margy know that she had no desire for a hen party. However, Margy fires back by saying that it's no wonder her own son David couldn't be bothered attending.

Meanwhile, Yvonne and Bela spar over whether to move Rita into a home in Portmarnock, which Bela feels is too far away.

Elsewhere, Zumo continues to dread reading his prayer of the faithful, as noted by Charlie.

THURSDAY 7/06/12
    At the wedding rehearsal, everyone praises TJ's speech, but Zumo is still dreading reading out his prayer and asks if someone can replace him. However, his plea falls on deaf ears. At the same time, Esther continues to snub Margy, while Christy and Leo banter about their prospects of meeting new women at the wedding.

Later at the church, Charlie tries to delay the ceremony when Zumo is late. Yvonne then meets Zumo and tries to pep talk him out of his nerves. In the end, Zumo arrives as planned as Charlie and Esther walk down the aisle. Father Bertie takes the couple through their vows, and Zumo makes a moving tribute to Charlie with his prayer.

As the service continues, Esther is tearful when a video message from David is played to the assembled guests. Margy, who never knew the extent of David's disability, soon makes a crude comment to Esther. Margy tries to apologise, but an appalled Esther is having none of it. Next, a video message from Suzanne in Australia is played before the guests move on to the reception.

Meanwhile, Yvonne is forced to make a deal with Luke and is later taken aback by Bela's shock announcement, Dearbhla feels the stress of doing her Leaving Cert, while Finn grows increasingly disenchanted with running the Station.

So The beard in the spar pulls a moth . Followed by Carrol splitting with louis followed by the beard in the spar , carrol and this new trouble maker and fast eddies ma all in a love square.
    Doing up the shop has worked wonders for the beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

So a week of boring Sh1te ahead then!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

walshb wrote: »

A definite candidate for a Gok Wan makeover ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Thomas Joseph!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement