Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Ben is seriously getting on my nerves.

As for the "wheres robbo, oh you kno decco bishop dya" bollix, bah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Anyone else think Goo Eyes looked like Sloth from The Goonies

gooeyes.jpg

slothcm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

The occasional squeaks from the toothy one were cringeworthy. Hopefully after that 'big' storyline shell disappear from our screens for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone notice how high the light switch's are in fair city shoulder/head height:D

Why was Dermish spoonfeeding yoghurt to his 6 year old in the first place?
    Was hoping he'd turn around and say "Im f***ing lactose intolerant"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The occasional squeaks from the toothy one were cringeworthy.

Yeah.. I heard her... I'd say the production team were looking at each other wondering if that was her acting, or if a mouse had got in to the bag pulled over her head..

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭iguy

dave1982 wrote: »
    Anyone notice how high the light switch's are in fair city shoulder/head height:D

Goodness me, I'm just a little over six foot and mine are eye level, so I really don't anything wrong with that.
    I saw the girl who plays Niamh(Clelia Murphy) in Ballsbridge, Dublin, yesterday and she doesn't look that big at all, I think its just what she wears or maybe how be on the screen portrays her body.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

iguy wrote: »
    Goodness me, I'm just a little over six foot and mine are eye level, so I really don't anything wrong with that.

So your light switches are almost six foot high and you don't think that's strange? :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Dunny! wrote: »
    Ben is seriously getting on my nerves.

As for the "wheres robbo, oh you kno decco bishop dya" bollix, bah

He's a frigging pain :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

I agree! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,068 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Caoimhe is still very rattled but only admits the full story to Tommy and Judith after the Bishops make fun of her in Phelan's. A furious Tommy storms of to confront Decco but is forced to hold Caoimhe back when she flips out at Decco.
    Dermot is delighted as he and Ben finally seem to be getting on and drops work so they can spend the afternoon together.
    Lucy mopes around in Dolores' flat seemingly upset about Wayne and won't talk to Wayne when he calls. Laura visits to explain that it was partly her fault that Wayne came on so strong and Lucy becomes a lot more open to progress with Wayne with Dolores' encouragement.

so fair is sponered by denny now and has that 1 million euro deal a year from spar so where the money going its not been invested in the show i bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Does ANYONE know anyone, who might know anyone, who might even know ANYONE who knows a Dublin gangster called 'Goo Eyes':confused::confused::confused:.

Seriously, there are a myriad of names the writers could have come up with for a 'Dublin gangster' and they come up with Goo Eyes!!

And there must be hundreds of child actors in Billy Barry and the like who can actually act - where on earth did they get Ben from!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

so fair is sponered by denny now and has that 1 million euro deal a year from spar so where the money going its not been invested in the show i bet
    The money goes to a special support and counselling service set up to help traumatised victims of Caoimhe and Ben's "acting".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

I dont understand why they dont use neasa more? She is ten times better looking and surely not as bad as an actor as Scowl. One problem with Fairly ****ty is it overconcentrates on certain storylines and actors for prolonged periods and ignores the rest? If they mixed it up a bit, like most soap operas do, people wont grow as bored with the storylines, cheap budget, and bad acting (to a certain extent, of course!!) take for example Louis and Caddal, they are due back for a fortnight of rowing and making up soon, yet they havent been seen for a month? The gaps in the characters lives are ridiculous.

So now that Caoimhe and Decco have broke up and Zak has gone, what dialogue have Judith and Tommy left? For the past few months all the lines they have had are "I need to talk to Zak/Caoimhe" "No Tommy just leave him/her" "Shes better off without him" "You sort it out" "No you sort it out" etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Apart from the fact that he is a 45 year old man who hangs out with either his ma or a 20 year old lesbian, wayne is by far the best thing about FC! Very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Fittle wrote: »
    where on earth did they get Ben from!!!

They found him in McDonalds!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Apart from the fact that he is a 45 year old man who hangs out with either his ma or a 20 year old lesbian, wayne is by far the best thing about FC! Very funny!

Is he really 45?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 16,283 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They seem determined to drag out the Lucy storyline for the rest of eternity, it's gone on so long now I've nearly lost interest in knowing the outcome.
    I thought the storyline of Decco in prison might have gone somewhere but it didn't. The Bishops are about as realistic as gangsters as the Brady bunch.
    In reality they would be selling drugs, not watches and handbags:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

christmas is when well find about lucy 0_O place your bets either that or leo play guitar my god what an awful xmas that was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Fair city is so bad that it's good. I cringe while watching it. The acting is brutal. It's hilarious sometimes. Keiths hair is terrible, Paul is a grumpy git, Bella, Cass and Chas are dinosaurs, Niamh is muffintop, Leo has shovels for hands, Tommy is a dirty dog, Orla is a slag, Ben is the most annoying child ever. Ray and Bob are by far the best characters in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

MJ23 wrote: »
    Fair city is so bad that it's good. I cringe while watching it. The acting is brutal. It's hilarious sometimes. Keiths hair is terrible, Paul is a grumpy git, Bella, Cass and Chas are dinosaurs, Niamh is muffintop, Leo has shovels for hands, Tommy is a dirty dog, Orla is a slag, Ben is the most annoying child ever. Ray and Bob are by far the best characters in it.

and Yvonne!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

When the social worker came into it, it looked like Lucy's story might be unravelling but then she went again. As OP said, I don't even care what her story is at this stage.
    According to the RTÉ Summer Schedule, there's going to be
    a wedding, an engagement, an injured child and teenage heartbreak
    so the
    wedding - ChEsther
    engagement Lucy/Wayne
    or
    Decco/Caoimhe
    the
    injured child is Jack next week
    (pity it's not
    Ben
    and the
    teenage heartbreak could be Sean/Dearbhla break up
    Sadly no mention of a
    funeral/mass murder/acting lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Emmerdale had a storyline years ago where a plane crashed on the village (kinda like Lockerbie) and it wiped out half the cast.

Do we know if Carrigstown is under the Dublin airport flight path? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,068 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When the social worker came into it, it looked like Lucy's story might be unravelling but then she went again. As OP said, I don't even care what her story is at this stage.
    According to the RTÉ Summer Schedule, there's going to be
    a wedding, an engagement, an injured child and teenage heartbreak
    so the
    wedding - ChEsther
    engagement Lucy/Wayne
    or
    Decco/Caoimhe
    the
    injured child is Jack next week
    (pity it's not
    Ben
    and the