Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

cofy wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it strange that Ruth (the bestest little actress) spends so much time upstairs playing alone?

:eek: just like coronation street they let children in the bath alone like amy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Niamh is some pain in the ass... Dont know how Paul, eeeegit that he is, sticks her..

• Registered Users Posts: 85,067 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Niamh is some pain in the ass... Dont know how Paul, eeeegit that he is, sticks her..

He is a pain as well

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He is a pain as well

at this stage there just settling for each other ;)

i missed last night episode will be watching on rte player oh wait :(

gotta catch up at 3:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i dont think louis and carol work as a couple. only been watching fc for a year so dont know louis backstory but they just dont seem suited. two totally different social classes with different opinions on how to do things just dont work in my opinion. like the was the sean and little leaving cert dillion dont work either. i dont know why soaps always make these couples up, they dont last. is it to just highlight social class snobbery i wonder? or are they all showing off they have sociology degrees!lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

iceblue wrote: »
    like the was the sean and little leaving cert dillion dont work either. i dont know why soaps always make these couples up, they dont last. is it to just highlight social class snobbery i wonder? or are they all showing off they have sociology degrees!lol.

I agree that Carol and Louie may be too mismatched but Sean and Dearbhla aren't necessarily. You don't need to do a great leaving cert and go to college to have ambition and drive. Sean, a very young man, is a manager in a mid-sized business. If he was a real person in a few years time he could go into management in a large supermarket chain. He could be earning close to 6 figures and driving a company Audi by the time he's in his mid-30s.

i dont think louis and carol work as a couple. only been watching fc for a year so dont know louis backstory but they just dont seem suited. two totally different social classes with different opinions on how to do things just dont work in my opinion. like the was the sean and little leaving cert dillion dont work either. i dont know why soaps always make these couples up, they dont last. is it to just highlight social class snobbery i wonder? or are they all showing off they have sociology degrees!lol.

Louis and Carol have zero chemistry and sparks since they got together, Louis is better with someone like Yvonne and Carol with Leo, Keith or Zumo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

iguana wrote: »
    He could be earning close to 6 figures and driving a company Audi by the time he's in his mid-30s.

Or he could continue to do Panto in the Olympia with Jedward and be driving an Audi by the time he's mid-20s;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Characters currently wrecking my head:

Niamh and Paul "fight - roar - apologise - fight - roar - apologise - send Rachel to room - fight - roar - apologise" Brennan.

Esther "my darling Grandchild, the first Grandchild to be born in all of the world, ever" Insert Last Name.

Lucy "who am I? You'll all find out tonigh....HAHAHAHA JK" Mallon. By jaysus writers, you better have a good ending to this story. I'm talking reincarnated daughters or lovechilds or INSANE psychopaths, because if she's just some nut.... AAAGH.

Add to that Sean & Dearbhla plus Louie & Carol and you've got it spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Zumo has been great this week...

Is Charlotte developing a crush on Paul? She's been acting strange around him recently imho... Possible "bunny boiler" storyline in the works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

RVD420 wrote: »
    Is Charlotte developing a crush on Paul? She's been acting strange around him recently imho... Possible "bunny boiler" storyline in the works?

I was thinking she may have a crush on Sean? I don't know where I got that from though! Did she have a thing for him before Dearbhla came on the scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Zumo has been great this week...

It is funny that you should mention this, there was an episode last week where Charlotte was alone in the Brennan's house with Paul and baby Ruth. I actually felt a little nervous for Paul :eek::eek::eek:. Charlotte is definitely the most cunning and devious member of the Bishop family.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i doubt paul would be stupid enough to act on charlotte's advances when they inevidatably happen, its sticking out a mile, but shell twist it all and throw a few i had cancer tantrums and before you know it paul will be in the cell beside barry.

also i think charlottes en route to fail her junior cert and is trying to dragg rachel down with her.... which is irritating me more. love the way niamh tells her to go home! shes like a bossy mammmy in the 1970s and shes only 30? does this happen all mothers i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Clelia Murphy is 35/36 I'd imagine niamh is the same. Must explain the mid life crisis mood swings she's going through!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Vanderlay Industries

does this happen all mothers i wonder?

:eek::eek: I'm sorry,i think there might be another thread for sweeping statements over on the mysoginistic forum.

Yours sincerely,
    an insulted (yummy) mummy who does not do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

leahyl wrote: »
    I was thinking she may have a crush on Sean? I don't know where I got that from though! Did she have a thing for him before Dearbhla came on the scene?

She tried to send Sean a Valentine's Day card but she was found out. I think she's given up on Sean and focussing on Paul. I predict when Niamh is away on a business trip, Charlotte may try something with Paul, Paul will reject her advances, and then Niamh will walk in (arriving home early from the trip) and catch them. Charlotte will then spin it that Paul was coming onto her not the other way around... This will go back and forth until Charlotte is eventually shipped off to Spain with Denzo and Oi-Leen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

This will go back and forth until Charlotte is eventually shipped off to Spain with Denzo and Oi-Leen.

With a bit of luck this will happen:pac: She is very irritating!

BEEN THERE DONE THE COOKING

Charlotte is jealous of Rachel and her life and I think especially her relationship with dad Paul, has Charlotte even meet her dad Paddy yet in person?

I dont think Charlotte has any romantic interest in Paul

Rachel and Niamh sent her a valentine's card which she thought was from Sean which made her happy so she must have fancied him

Charlotte is jealous of Rachel and her life and I think especially her relationship with dad Paul, has Charlotte even meet her dad Paddy yet in person?

I dont think Charlotte has any romantic interest in Paul

Rachel and Niamh sent her a valentine's card which she thought was from Sean which made her happy so she must have fancied him

I agree with you Liz but I wouldn't put it past her to make false accusations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

Fair City is muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Holy Foley the real Carol is back loving it xxx

I couldn't stop laughing at Paul's blouse shirt, the material reminded me of Laura Ashley curtains that my granny used to have in her house years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,596 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sash makes me queasy everytime she opens that knacker mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,282 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Sean is turning into a right taepot.

You'd swear Louis didnt know anything about Carol's past before he got with her :rolleyes:

I lol'd when Bob told Sash get Zumo more coffee in McCoys (you'd think he offer him a pint or two) when he said he'd hassle Louis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

OH was watching a documentary on TV3 about the bombing of the North Strand during WW2. I recognised the narrator's voice and it was wrecking my head trying to figure out who he was. Turns out it was Malachy from FC
    http://www.iftn.ie/actors/actors_database/sublinks_static/male/?act1=record&aid=81&rid=358&tpl=actors_dets&only=1&force=1

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭margio

iguana wrote: »
    I agree that Carol and Louie may be too mismatched but Sean and Dearbhla aren't necessarily. You don't need to do a great leaving cert and go to college to have ambition and drive. Sean, a very young man, is a manager in a mid-sized business. If he was a real person in a few years time he could go into management in a large supermarket chain. He could be earning close to 6 figures and driving a company Audi by the time he's in his mid-30s.

Aldi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

You'd swear Louis didnt know anything about Carol's past before he got with her :rolleyes:

I lol'd when Bob told Sash get Zumo more coffee in McCoys (you'd think he offer him a pint or two) when he said he'd hassle Louis :D

I don't think Zumo drinks. The other night when Zumo and Louie were in the apartment I really thought Zumo was going to take out a bag of coke and offer Louie some - instead he took out his phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Anyone notice how when Niamh and doctor Dillon were having lunch . Sash recommended the soup . Doctor dillon wanted soup , Niamh wanted soup too . But oh wait a minute Niamh orders a roll as well .
    This was the writers way of showing why Niamh has the 'muffin tops'.
    Carol would wanna go on some form of contraception thats stops the monthly flow. Them painters are turning her into an awful cow. Atleast when she was pregnant she was just boring now she is boring and annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement