Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hickorydock

It is just heading for the mother of all rows between Paul and Niamh. This is what the story is building up to. Will they remain married. Time will tell........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Saw the repeat today. Val, would they ever get her ugly head of the telly. She was an embarrasment in the April's Fools scene in the shop. Niamh and Paul are a joke. Would they ever try to cover up her weight. What person sends an email and then just closes the computer. Would you not turn it off or log off. Charlotte. Hate her soooo much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 teaandbiccies

From day one, I have despised Charlotte. I never warmed to her at all and her brothers aren't even as evil as she is! I do be screaming at the tv every night in hope that something bad happens to her, she actually makes my blood boil with anger! I hope she gets booted soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

From day one, I have despised Charlotte. I never warmed to her at all and her brothers aren't even as evil as she is! I do be screaming at the tv every night in hope that something bad happens to her, she actually makes my blood boil with anger! I hope she gets booted soon!

Thats exactly what makes a good character the one you love to hate, she's a total rip and vindictive but I can't wait to see what she does next.

ITS OFFICAL THERE IS NO RECESSION IN FAIR CITY

bob cannot get staff and no one will cover for sean i must move to dublin

louie is such a snob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ITS OFFICAL THERE IS NO RECESSION IN FAIR CITY

bob cannot get staff and no one will cover for sean i must move to dublin

louie is such a snob

Louie is such a knob

Carol should go off with Bob or Zumo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

closeline wrote: »
    Saw the repeat today. Val, would they ever get her ugly head of the telly. She was an embarrasment in the April's Fools scene in the shop. Niamh and Paul are a joke. Would they ever try to cover up her weight. What person sends an email and then just closes the computer. Would you not turn it off or log off. Charlotte. Hate her soooo much.

Enough of the weight jibes, they're pointless and have been done to death. Do you really watch soaps based on what size the characters are?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

The American accents by Louis' two children were hilarious. One minute they sounded like something out of the Deep South then switched to full on Molly Malone mid sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I can see Louie and the lovely Ingrid sharing an intimate moment before she returns to America :pac::pac::pac:

Obesity is not a crime. It is a health issue and lets just leave the jibes out of the discussion o.k?

• Advertisement

Carol and Louie make a really boring couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Louie is such a knob

Carol should go off with Bob or Zumo :p

I was thinking that about Carol last night. It looked like she was giving the flirty look to Zumo. I hope she goes off with someone. I dont like seeing her when shes moody much rather when she is messing with someone else in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Carol and Louie make a really boring couple.

They're probably going to break up pretty soon which might lead to the mother of all custody battles - louie/Ingrid perfect family businessman etc and then there's Carol - CAB favourite, Social Workers nightmare etc...

Hopefully Paddy Bishop will get out of jail and hook up with Carol but then Carol will have to deal with the Charming Charlotte.:D

I hope Jack turns out to be Christy's son leading Louie on a coke binge :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

I hope Jack turns out to be Christy's son leading Louie on a coke binge

........... real mature.... fakn up 4 peoples lives.. !!!

Dude, it's a soap.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Carol and the charming Charlotte. That would be interesting to see. Come back Tracy please. I think Carol misses her friendship and realises just how boring Louis really is.

I hope Ingrid and Carol don't hit it off big time.

I hope Jack turns out to be Christy's son leading Louie on a coke binge

........... real mature.... fakn up 4 peoples lives.. !!!

FC needs "fakn up" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Would be interesting if Carol and Bob had an intimate encounter with each other. Months worth of story lines would follow. Bob also needs a meaty storyline again to show case his acting abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Great advertisement for Spar in Phelans shop, could it be any more obvious!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Okocim wrote: »
    Would be interesting if Carol and Bob had an intimate encounter with each other. Months worth of story lines would follow. Bob also needs a meaty storyline again to show case his acting abilities.

Would only be interesting if there was a graphic love scene broadcast at say 11.30pm at night. Something along the lines of 9 Songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Scriptwriter for fair city is terrible. Every storyline ebbs and flows in a familiar pattern: argument - makeup- argument - makeup-argument etc etc. Paul/niamh; caoimhe/decco; bella/yvonne; carol/her husband. Its all the same. There is no complexity to the storylines and to think that us, as taxpayers, pay the wages of these scriptwriters/directors is to say the least, infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Okocim wrote: »

Would only be interesting if there was a graphic love scene broadcast at say 11.30pm at night. Something along the lines of 9 Songs.

Wait, interesting or distressing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Was in Dublin today for the first time in a couple of years. Shortly after I arrived I spotted Bryan Murray outside the GPO. He kindly stopped for a photo!

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Was in Dublin today for the first time in a couple of years. Shortly after I arrived I spotted Bryan Murray outside the GPO. He kindly stopped for a photo!

Was he giving out any free hot cross buns :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Sadly not!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

Tommy nailing Ingrid would be a good story while Loiue is trying her, then they get proper caught in the act ......where's the crazy Lucy story gone!

I cant wait to see Judith taken down off her high horse and everyone knowing about Tommy's affair with Jo which I really hope happens very soon

How has Caoimhe still got keys to the Bishop's lock up aka knock offs shed?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Scriptwriter for fair city is terrible. Every storyline ebbs and flows in a familiar pattern: argument - makeup- argument - makeup-argument etc etc. Paul/niamh; caoimhe/decco; bella/yvonne; carol/her husband. Its all the same. There is no complexity to the storylines and to think that us, as taxpayers, pay the wages of these scriptwriters/directors is to say the least, infuriating.

Agree with this. Bad acting I can handle,but the script is shockingly bad. Unrealistic scenes,unrealistic conversations,unrealistic situations. I've really been questioning why the feck im watching it these days. Surely there's script writers out there somewhere that could really make the show alot more interesting?All i'm asking for is a little bit of realism,you don't need a big budget for that.

And another thing,Ingrid should be kept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

What a tragic shame that the actress playing Caoimhe cannot produce more than 'the scowl'.

What a juicy interesting, fun role that is like a lottery ticket to any young actress.
    Instead, along with all the rest of the younger cast of Fair City; complete inability to show any kind of acting skills, let alone talent this kind of shoddy standard seems to be fair game here. How much more of Caoimhe acting through the one expression of scowl are we are supposed to believe in?

The actress who plays Carol is beginning to look like a deeply complex talented woman in comparison, whereas the person playing Dr. Judith is rapidly loosing credibility due to the bad, bad lines she is forced to utter when faced with 'the scowl'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement