Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Alright, which one of you did this.... :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fair_City_characters

It's a very useful resource. I had completely forgotten how Tess Halpin was killed by a swarm of wasps.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

How premature is Suzanne's baby meant to be? 'Cause at 6lbs it's hardly premature at all. More shoddy research by the writers :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Go on Wayne my son:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Finally he gets to kiss the knutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Esther is painful! Story line is ****e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

RVD420 wrote: »
    :eek: A baby on ecstacy....
    Detective Byrne's daughter Jenny let Ross into Molloys' house while babysitting Jessica. When Jenny left the room, Ross was sorting out the ecstasy stash he was going to sell and accidentally let a tablet fall out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Lucy pisses me off so much it's not even funny.

Wayne is an idiot IMO, pathetic character. That part at the end when he claimed to have walked in on a drug deal and had been hit was cringe-worthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Alright, which one of you did this.... :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fair_City_characters

It's a very useful resource. I had completely forgotten how Tess Halpin was killed by a swarm of wasps.
    Life expectancy in Carrigstown must be nearly as short as in Cabot Cove.

i thought we see her secret tonight :( what ? but digital spy so

**** lucy who are you

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Does anyone remember the first actress who played Dolorus Molloy? I vaguely remember her and think it was the same person who plays Judith. Maybe im wrong though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I've taped it so not really seen what her secret is yet?! Congrats to suzanne and her baby was not expecting her to have it in oz makes it more convenient I suppose, bet she stay there instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

I thought Tess Halpin was killed by her husband....???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I guess the hot shot IT consultant Niamh and ex-IT consultant Paul never came across the recyle bin on their PC? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Jenny_1999

onway wrote: »

She was, Marty was his name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Lucys parents died a long time ago , this is how the social worker knows her. She now fully believes Delores is her ma. " I git a lovely gift for my ma but my da tore it up "
    This is how Pete giving Delores the voucher before she could played out in her crazy little head.
    She is mental and goes around regional soaps thinking people are her mother. Id say she will be on emmerdale next .
    But in all honesty I think this is where they are going . She will have some meltdown and they will help her and all will live happily ever after. Then a message telling peope if they have been affected with any of these issues to call a number will be shown after he meltdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Does anyone remember the first actress who played Dolorus Molloy? I vaguely remember her and think it was the same person who plays Judith. Maybe im wrong though...

It was. She played Dolores for the first series (1989 - 1990). Nobody in Fair City seems to have noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

onway wrote: »
    No she was definitely killed by a swarm of wasp in the great wasp plague of '94 which killed off a great many of the cast and resulted in the quarantine of Carrigstown for several months. Or maybe wikipedia is wrong.........

wait wtf pete said pete was late becuase orla was in the shower 0_O but didnt she leave the show a few weeks back ?

if so jesus fair city writers suck

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

wait wtf pete said pete was late becuase orla was in the shower 0_O but didnt she leave the show a few weeks back ?

if so jesus fair city writers suck

She probably came back for a wash as they don't have running water outside of Dublin. Either that or Keith, who has a surprisingly lovely falsetto, was singing in the shower and when Pete heard him he was embarrassed and pretended to be Orla.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i know im one of those people who consider fair city a comedy.... but bella and ester are really really getting on my nerves lately and im surprised noone else seems bothered....
    is bella depressed cause hes old.... or is he just a bad actor ....i sick of his scenes.... and his rubish lines.... and putting pressure on yvonne.... shes been great.' ive already had 4 missed calls from him this morning what does he want now'....excellent. but she is excellent... but bella? how old is he supposed to be? hes not that old? he needs someone to take him to see rita? why cant he go himself? hes just been to austriallia? he cant be that infirm....and charlie saying 'hes just lonely?....and as for the thing with ester.... ester wants to clean suzannes flat. yvoonne said no. bella said yes. who is bella to allow ester to do that? why didnt yvonne kill them both? and ester ott rubish about her grandchild.... one minute shes ringing suzanne then she says she wont then she trys again.... and charilie is giving out to her and telling her to be nice....and 2 minutes later shes doing the same thing again....she didnt acknowledge her son for 30 oldd years cause she was ashamed he was deformed and now shes ott about a grandchild? is it all just about guilt. her charlie and bella should be just deleted they are rubish. and dont get me started on cas.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

iceblue wrote: »
    she didnt acknowledge her son for 30 oldd years cause she was ashamed he was deformed and now shes ott about a grandchild? is it all just about guilt.

She didn't give David up because of his disability. His adoption was arranged long before he was born because it was 1960s Ireland and few single women who got pregnant got to keep their babies. And of course that's a big part of why she is being so insane about Suzanne's baby. She never got to be a mother but now all of a sudden she gets to be a grandmother. It's a complete fresh start and a chance to wipe the slate clean of her life's biggest regret. That would be quite overwhelming to most people and Esther is something of a control freak at the best of times, so it's no wonder she is carrying on like she is.

But also no wonder Suzanne is planning on staying on the far side of the world for as long as possible. Because, understandable or not, no new mother would want to deal with her being so overbearing.

Dr Dillon and Cass can be seen here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V05EgNn1tt4

Geoff Minogue (Tommy Dillon) was in FC before, playing "Ruadhri Downes", though I don't remember him.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0575637/

endakenny wrote: »
    Geoff Minogue (Tommy Dillon) was in FC before, playing "Ruadhri Downes", though I don't remember him.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0575637/

Good spot. It's not that long ago either. I'm trying to recall the character but failing.

Think the "Clare Whelan" was a young woman living in one of Jimmy and Robyn's flats. Very fetching.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Good spot. It's not that long ago either. I'm trying to recall the character but failing.

Think the "Clare Whelan" was a young woman living in one of Jimmy and Robyn's flats. Very fetching.
    Thanks. In the same episode there was an American character called Cassandra, who had a relationship with Paul. I remember her.

Now I remember Clare Whelan. She lived with her partner and her son (I don't know if her partner was the boy's dad). I remember that an English football agent, Johnny Garnet (according to the IMDB page about the episode in question), made a financial offer to her son to encourage him to join a fictional football club called Petermeir.

Clare was played by Maeve McGrath. I remember her face.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J-WVIvYTdc

endakenny wrote: »
    Thanks. In the same episode there was an American character called Cassandra, who had a relationship with Paul. I remember her.

Now I remember Clare Whelan. She lived with her partner and her son (I don't know if her partner was the boy's dad). I remember that an English football agent, Johnny Garnet (according to the IMDB page about the episode in question), made a financial offer to her son to encourage him to join a fictional football club called Petermeir.

Clare was played by Maeve McGrath. I remember her face.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J-WVIvYTdc

Frances Healy I think it was - that clip has Maeve "Lorraine" McGrath in it too... :)

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Frances Healy I think it was - that clip has Maeve "Lorraine" McGrath in it too... :)
    You're right. I got confused there. I didn't know that Maeve McGrath played Lorraine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I like the Bob/Yvonne friendship. Probably two of the best actors on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I feel sorry for Niamh at the moment. She has made lots of sacrifices for Paul in the past and instead of supporting and encouraging her, he just continues to treat her like crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Niamh at the moment. She has made lots of sacrifices for Paul in the past and instead of supporting and encouraging her, he just continues to treats her like crap.

ah here MrsD, we're gonna have a big falling out... and over Fair City ... Paul is an idiot, but Niamh is very self indulgent...

And on a minor issue, if Paul had "deleted the website from the server", there would have been a copy of the website saved locally before it had been FTP'd up to the server... So FC didnt really do their background check on that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement