Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

I miss home. I think and its killing me because i plan to go home next weekend.:(
    I just have to tell someone cause im bored as a duck and no one to talk to :(
    Cant watch tv cause no internet bar my mobile bb which is limited :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I find it odd that some sources treat the idea of 'being human' as a positive thing. Now it's all well to pick the good bits as is done with religion, but there are plenty of bad bits that shouldn't be embraced just in the name of 'being yourself' or 'being human'.

What I'm proposing is that we just go ahead and invent the blank robots so we can upload our brains to it and forget about this weird period where everybody was all petty, emotional and perpetually horny. I think this might be the greatest idea ever and I can't see how it could possibly go wrong.

What are your opinions on this flawless idea? I'm going to write a big blog post about this so everybody will know because I'm really popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Davidius wrote: »
    I find it odd that some sources treat the idea of 'being human' as a positive thing. Now it's all well to pick the good bits as is done with religion, but there are plenty of bad bits that shouldn't be embraced just in the name of 'being yourself' or 'being human'.

What I'm proposing is that we just go ahead and invent the blank robots so we can upload our brains to it and forget about this weird period where everybody was all petty, emotional and perpetually horny. I think this might be the greatest idea ever and I can't see how it could possibly go wrong.

What are your opinions on this flawless idea? I'm going to write a big blog post about this so everybody will know because I'm really popular.

Error cannot process DA TA

Im gonna have to read that again all i got was robots and brains something about our emotions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Have spent literally the whole day reading this thread. Some seriously shocking images there, but such interesting pieces of history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Have spent literally the whole day reading this thread. Some seriously shocking images there, but such interesting pieces of history.

I love that thread! :D I've never been able to go very far into it, though. Some of the photographs are too.. upsetting, really!

This one really bothered me. I was actually so angry after seeing it!

(*goes to find post*)

EDIT: That didn't take too long :) It's not a nice image btw so if someone is easily upset or whatever, maybe they shouldn't click on it... Here.

• Advertisement

I love that thread! :D I've never been able to go very far into it, though. Some of the photographs are too.. upsetting, really!

Ya I know what you mean. I'm taking a break at the moment...but I do want to get through them all eventually, its interesting to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

This was my worst so far after about six pages :(
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/esreddevil/sudan_famine_6.jpg
    Im putting it as a link to warn people it's pretty upsetting, small and obviously starving child..
    And the one with the vulture and the almost dead child.. Photographer should be ashamed.

MarkD09 wrote: »
    And the one with the vulture and the almost dead child.. Photographer should be ashamed.

In fairness though, what could he do. If we didn't have these photos, we'd never know that there are people in the world who are so deprived of basic necessities that they are dying because of it. I'd hope though, that if some people from wealthier countries can get into the country (ie, photographers) that there are aid projects there too.

In fairness though, what could he do. If we didn't have these photos, we'd never know that there are people in the world who are so deprived of basic necessities that they are dying because of it. I'd hope though, that if some people from wealthier countries can get into the country (ie, photographers) that there are aid projects there too.

But i wouldn't be able to stand there taking a picture knowing in a few hours that child is the vultures dinner D: It'd be a horrible thought :/

MarkD09 wrote: »
    But i wouldn't be able to stand there taking a picture knowing in a few hours that child is the vultures dinner D: It'd be a horrible thought :/

Oh I know :( Sometimes people really do go too far to get a good photo.

Like this post. I don't understand really. I know that for a photographer to get photos like this is incredible, but putting your life at risk...

Just as a warning, that link isn't gruesome, and similiar images will no doubt have been seen by almost everybody, but it is very sad.

• Advertisement

Oh I know :( Sometimes people really do go too far to get a good photo.

Like this post. I don't understand really. I know that for a photographer to get photos like this is incredible, but putting your life at risk...

Just as a warning, that link isn't gruesome, and similiar images will no doubt have been seen by almost everybody, but it is very sad.

They do go all out sometimes, i suppose some should be admired..
    And if you read that post, that lad actually died :O Poor guy :/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I think one of the most tragic moments of history in picture/video form is 9/11. Not so much the planes crashing into the towers, but I think the moment that the building collapses like a stack of cards - it happens so fast, each floor is obliterated very quickly (and there's potentially hundreds of people on each floor) and the more collapsed it gets, the faster it went! And people started screaming and crying while it was happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I think one of the most tragic moments of history in picture/video form is 9/11. Not so much the planes crashing into the towers, but I think the moment that the building collapses like a stack of cards - it happens so fast, each floor is obliterated very quickly (and there's potentially hundreds of people on each floor) and the more collapsed it gets, the faster it went! And people started screaming and crying while it was happening!

I think the most upsetting thing about the 9/11 footage is the people falling from the towers...even worse when you can see them nearing the end of their fall, and in some cases, hear the impact...it's disturbing tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I now smell like, and I quote "Brazillian hot mud and red dragonfruit extract"..

Hello ladies....

Robby91 wrote: »
    You could check out www.saveonlaptops.co.uk - I've never bought from there (only had a look around a few months back, but the search has a fairly good filter to accomodate most things), but they've gotten generally positive feedback from the people who post over in the Laptops forum (thread)

I was very close to buying a laptop from that site. Thanks! :P The laptops I was looking at worked out a bit cheaper than the ones from Dell, but my dad's familiar with Dell, plus he wanted to support them since they're based in Limerick.

I'm getting an Inspiron 15, which I thinkkk looks like it should be okay :P Ordered it this morning and it should be here in under 10 days! They're not the lightest of light, but they're not too bad and I don't think I'll be lugging it around toooo much. Anyway, I could carry around a full desktop computer and it would still be lighter than my bag was during 6th year :P

Thank yeh kindly for them there replies, y'all! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

since they're based in Limerick.

Haha, good one.

Haha, good one.

Is it not there any more? Sorry for my ignorance... He said something about Ireland anyway, and I probably just picked it up wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Haha, good one.

Is it not there any more? Sorry for my ignorance... He said something about Ireland anyway, and I probably just picked it up wrong...
    Pretty sure Dell fecked off to Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

does anybody know how to work Vodafone add-ons :pac:

I'm trying to get a internet one but it's not working D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'm pretty sure they only do accounting in Limerick, If you buy a laptop it's shipped from Malaysia or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I found a news story about me from 2004 about a community games Tennis match, I was playing mixed double and the ref was laughing at us cause we were so bad. In the end she asked the other team if they could try and hit the ball to us a bit slower so we might be able to hit it back.

In the paper it began with "Others to impress" I laughed a lot at that! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No posts in the Den since Wednesday?

Sons, I am disappoint!

No posts in the Den since Wednesday?

Sons, I am disappoint!

We all just live insanely exciting lives.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We all just live insanely exciting lives.

But how can we know that for sure unless everybody posts about it? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Today I had a steak sandwich for lunch. It was riveting!

Today I had a steak sandwich for lunch. It was riveting!

I'd love a steak sandwich right about now...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

This one was amazing. It had onions, mushrooms, steak and bread! And chips and pepper sauce.

This one was amazing. It had onions, mushrooms, steak and bread! And chips and pepper sauce.

Reminds me of the best steak sandwich I ever had. It was in the hotel/bar/restaurant at the edge of the bridge to Achill Island. We'd driven from Galway, after a bus from Limerick, and the hunger was mighty upon us! Good times...

Oh steak sandwiches, how we <3 thee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

We made awesome tacos for dinner tonight. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmms.

Advertisement