Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

You've got me listening to the inception soundtrack now :P

Have you seen this? MIND BLOWN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Still not in bed, have work in 6 hours and then start college on Monday. I'm definitely off to a good start on this sleeping pattern thing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I'm going to be internetless for a week or so starting tomorrow, should install some sort of order to my sleeping. Goodbye demented summer sleeping pattern, 'twas fun. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Conor108 wrote: »

20100108063328Exploding_head.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Still not in bed, have work in 6 hours and then start college on Monday. I'm definitely off to a good start on this sleeping pattern thing :pac:
    i'm doing arts :) which is alot more work than people think! i think the new registration system is brutal this year. so awkward to get things done.

• Advertisement

musical.x wrote: »
    i'm doing arts :) which is alot more work than people think! i think the new registration system is brutal this year. so awkward to get things done.

What subjects did ya pick? Ah the joys of never having any electives :P

history and archaeology! history is meant to be a brutal thing altogether but its interesting :D
    what electives do you have?

QoL is one of them medicine students...don't look into her eyes...she'll steal your soul (as well as a hefty amount of money to make her give it back to you :pac:)

QoL is one of them medicine students...don't look into her eyes...she'll steal your soul (as well as a hefty amount of money to make her give it back to you :pac:)
    typical doctor taking money that you dont have :D
    what are you studying Roland?

3rd year undenominated science in Galway as well. loving it, though i have to pick subjects soon and i don't have a clue what to do :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Conor108 wrote: »

I dont get it??? :confused:

Its probably something so small and insignificant that my brain didnt think of it as worth noticing >.>

The first piece you hear is the tune everyone recognises from the Inception ads, but it's actually the Edith Piaf music slowed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

The first piece you hear is the tune everyone recognises from the Inception ads, but it's actually the Edith Piaf music slowed down.

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................................

Your head just exploded like the gif above, didn't it? :P

3rd year undenominated science in Galway as well. loving it, though i have to pick subjects soon and i don't have a clue what to do :/

By soon do you mean tomorrow? :pac: I was looking at that handbook thing for yer subject choices. Dear god its complicated. All this incompatibility and requirements.

I'll just take that nice little plate of modules you've got there for me NUIG, thanks ;) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I have to pick subjects too! :(

Computer science and maths are decided for me..

But then I've to pick 2 from:

Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematical Physics.

Biology is the only one I did for the LC.. oops!

By soon do you mean tomorrow? :pac: I was looking at that handbook thing for yer subject choices. Dear god its complicated. All this incompatibility and requirements.

I'll just take that nice little plate of modules you've got there for me NUIG, thanks ;) :P
    well it's not that complicated once you cut out all the subjects you can't do like microbiology or chemistry for me.

although i hate that i can only do one of maths, physics or maths physics :( they're 36 credits each and they're the only ones that are :mad:

science is great!!! i know alot of people that do it.
    yeh you left plenty of time to pick subjects...a whole day :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

history and archaeology! history is meant to be a brutal thing altogether but its interesting :D
    History is NOT brutal!!

/sulks

science is great!!! i know alot of people that do it.
    yeh you left plenty of time to pick subjects...a whole day :p
    science is the best :cool:

Tomorrow's just an advisory thing to help me choose. I pick them online when i'm registering so have plenty of time :P
    History is NOT brutal!!

/sulks
    *goes into rant about how useless arts is to annoy randy*

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I have to pick subjects too! :(

Computer science and maths are decided for me..

But then I've to pick 2 from:

Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematical Physics.

Biology is the only one I did for the LC.. oops!

Pick Chemistry. Physics is some awful c*nt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Biology is probably thought with no prior knowledge assumed so it would take some pressure off you and give you time to divert to other subjects.

Pick Chemistry. Physics is some awful c*nt.

Really? I heard chemistry was harder than physics. :confused:
    Craguls wrote: »
    Biology is probably thought with no prior knowledge assumed so it would take some pressure off you and give you time to divert to other subjects.

Thanks! I was thinking of keeping Biology up anyway, and that maybe if I liked it, rather than going down the multimedia route (I've the option to do either general science or multimedia!), that I could keep on Biology and go down the Zoology route.. It seems cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Thanks! I was thinking of keeping Biology up anyway, and that maybe if I liked it, rather than going down the multimedia route (I've the option to do either general science or multimedia!), that I could keep on Biology and go down the Zoology route.. It seems cool!

In my course last year, loads came in without Chemistry and Physics. Chemistry was picked up way more easily than Physics. Physics was the module that fecked loads of us up. Unless your good at Maths, I'd avoid Physics. Chemistry is hard, but not as much Maths and the LC books are really good for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I'd consider them on the same plane tbh. Chemistry seems to have more of an accepted rep for being difficult so there's often (at least in Trinity anyway) support services and extra classes available. I'd imagine though that's because the majority of students come to college with Biology as their only science and need something else to make credits. Chemistry is much more related to Biology stuff then Physics so you tend to only get people who are interested/doing it cause they're good at it.

In my course last year, loads came in without Chemistry and Physics. Chemistry was picked up way more easily than Physics. Physics was the module that fecked loads of us up. Unless your good at Maths, I'd avoid Physics. Chemistry is hard, but not as much Maths and the LC books are really good for it.

Aah thanks.. :) Suppose that makes sense actually! Looks like I'll be doing Bio & Chem so!
    Craguls wrote: »
    I'd consider them on the same plane tbh. Chemistry seems to have more of an accepted rep for being difficult so there's often (at least in Trinity anyway) support services and extra classes available. I'd imagine though that's because the majority of students come to college with Biology as their only science and need something else to make credits. Chemistry is much more related to Biology stuff then Physics so you tend to only get people who are interested/doing it cause they're good at it.

Ah I'll definitely do Bio & Chem so, if they're related. It'll ease of some of the workload from all the subjects so!

Thanks for all your help guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Physics is brilliant :D

History is NOT brutal!!

/sulks
    i mean brutal as in hard!!! not as in sucky :) so quit your sulking :D

Physics probably won't be as hard as you think. Mathematical Physics is the one you'd want to avoid if you don't like to maths.

I know a few friends who continued on Chemistry in Trinners and dropped it as soon as possible - it can be quite difficult too.

• Advertisement

Physics gets kinda boring after a while. It's just the same thing every year, just going into more depth. Didn't fancy doing it this year.

Found out today that i mightn't be able to do Honours Maths Physics. The registration system isn't displaying it as an option for me and the booklet doesn't mention it either for undenominated. AND it's the one subject that i love and not getting bored of or find too hard :( i do not want to do it at pass level :mad:

Advertisement