Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

OhMyGodStopTalkingAboutFood.

:(

The house is empty!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

OhMyGodStopTalkingAboutFood.

The house is empty!

Raid the freezer! There's usually something edible hidden at the back.

Raid the freezer! There's usually something edible hidden at the back.

But I'd have to cook it. And go in search for stuff. Tbh I'm just too lazy to do a full food hunt. I should just go to bed...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

But I'd have to cook it. And go in search for stuff. Tbh I'm just too lazy to do a full food hunt. I should just go to bed...

Go to a 24hr tesco :P

Go to a 24hr tesco :P

I'm back in the sticks. The nearest shop is almost a 10 minute drive, the nearest 24 hour is a Topaz about 20 minutes away. Also, Topaz lock down their Pringles at night along with their alcohol. Not impressed*.

*Neither are they when I insist they unleash the Pringles, but how and ever...

• Advertisement

What?! That's torturous! Demand those pringles! You deserve those pringles!

What?! That's torturous! Demand those pringles! You deserve those pringles!

I know, right?! Well see the first time I realised, I tried to get them out myself by trying to raise that shutters thing they pull down over the alcohol section. You're apparently not supposed to do this. So I looked like a desperate alco who bought copious amounts of Pringles to hide the fact that it was really the alcohol I wanted.

I'm not sure what they think of me now, but for gods sake people, hide the most essential night time snack AFTER 10PM?! Madness. Also they're over €3 in Topaz. Worth it, but preposterous!

Good god woman! I cannot stand for that! Boycott topaz until they lower pringles prices and allow after hours sales!

I like your spirit! We should organise a rally! LET THE PRINGLES OUT OF THEIR CAGES!

Den of Iniquity? Sounds a bit mass-like for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Den of Iniquity? Sounds a bit mass-like for some reason.

It was either that or Our Lady's Den of Perpetual Misery. Take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

Reminds me of the best steak sandwich I ever had. It was in the hotel/bar/restaurant at the edge of the bridge to Achill Island. We'd driven from Galway, after a bus from Limerick, and the hunger was mighty upon us! Good times...

Frickin deadly place :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Frickin deadly place :D

I went to college with one of the lads whose family run the place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Very random question but does anyone know what the story is with the cost of graduation robes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Very random question but does anyone know what the story is with the cost of graduation robes?
    Do you just have to rent them yeah? Mine were €45 euro to rent. I don't know where you'd go about buying them or anything though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Do you just have to rent them yeah? Mine were €45 euro to rent. I don't know where you'd go about buying them or anything though...

WHAT?!

Is there anyway I could just not get any? :pac:

Just show up in a dyed bathrobe, be grand.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It was either that or Our Lady's Den of Perpetual Misery. Take your pick.
    Don't tempt me.
    Aye, that sounds right. Phelan Conan supply them to most (all?) of the colleges.
    Not unless you want to look like a total eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I woke up at 7.15 and managed to make the 7.30 dart. I'm not sure if this is a yaaahh or an arrggghhh.

Although I didn't have time for muh breakfast so here's hoping i don't pass out in my first practical class.

• Advertisement

Not unless you want to look like a total eejit.

I'd regard wearing a robe as looking like a total eejit but maybe thats just me. It came up in conversation last night and I was shocked at the idea I'd have to pay for such a useless piece of clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

New two and a half men tonight... not sure whether this is good or bad :/

I'd regard wearing a robe as looking like a total eejit but maybe thats just me. It came up in conversation last night and I was shocked at the idea I'd have to pay for such a useless piece of clothing.
    One person wearing an academic robe in the middle of 300 in civvies looks like a right eejit.

One person wearing civvies in the middle of 300 in academic robes looks like a right eejit.

As with so much else in the world (and, indeed, on Boards) it boils down to context, context, context!! ;)

How To Kill A Thread

by R. L. Horn

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

How To Kill A Thread

by R. L. Horn

I do that all the time, everytime I post in a thread it's never posted in again!

/RIP Den.

How To Kill A Thread

by R. L. Horn

I suggest you Lock aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh and y+a^30+h^5 for a while. Also rename this thread "Post here or your nan will murder you in your sleep". I'd say you'll get thousands of posts here in no time.

Tired tired panda. I hope eork tiday isnt horrible, I actually couldnt sdeal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Anyone heading to Defranco Does Dublin? More than 1000 people have RSVPed already, should be good. :)

Any craic with peeps?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Any craic with peeps?

I've just discovered how surprisingly nice Aldi food is - I'm saving over a 1/3 on my weekly shopping, with little to no compromise on food quality - why do people bother with Tesco or Dunnes?

Of course it starts looking less like a saving when you use the money that you saved to buy Milka chocolate and 99c cookies :o

<3 Aldi Rathmines.

Advertisement