Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saveonlaptops.co.uk

Options
  • 31-05-2011 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Who has ordered from them?

I ordered a new laptop on Sunday night, paid with my paypal account, and got an email from paypal today to say that my money had been refunded. When I signed into my Save on laptops account, it said it was due to my address not being verified.
    Anybody had any trouble like this before? I have emailed about it, but no word back yet. I just thought I would see if anybody here has had the same hassle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

BDJW wrote: »
    Who has ordered from them?

I ordered a new laptop on Sunday night, paid with my paypal account, and got an email from paypal today to say that my money had been refunded. When I signed into my Save on laptops account, it said it was due to my address not being verified.
    Anybody had any trouble like this before? I have emailed about it, but no word back yet. I just thought I would see if anybody here has had the same hassle?

The same thing happened me. Just give them a ring and they will sort it for ya .
    Paypal had issues with the billing address . I had my lenovo within 3 days . Great
    company to deal with .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I just decided it would be easier to re-order and pay with my credit card this thing :P

Within an hour the order had been dispatched...very impressed by that!!! But just hoping that I have it by friday otherwise it will be next tuesday :(!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

What did you order?

Ordered at 3 o'clock on Tuesday, and it arrived half an hour ago. Very impressed with the delivery time. Won't get to use it til tonight when I get home though :(!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Likewise ordered a laptop Wednesday afternoon, arrived at 9am this morning. Most impressed.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Likewise ordered a laptop Wednesday afternoon, arrived at 9am this morning. Most impressed.

Happy with the laptop?

Tested mine out last night and was very happy with it. Had it running on the battery for about 4 hours, and when i turned it off, it still had an estimated 2.5 hours of life left

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

BDJW wrote: »
    Happy with the laptop?

Tested mine out last night and was very happy with it. Had it running on the battery for about 4 hours, and when i turned it off, it still had an estimated 2.5 hours of life left

Dunno yet I got it delivered to my homeplace down the country so I will have to wait until this evening to find out. :)

Got this one for 340 sterling on a special, happy days as it is back up to 399 already. Picked it out on behalf of the mother in law, so I'll be sure to highlight my bargaining prowess for extra brownie points. :pac:

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Samsung_RV511_1040541.html

EDIT: My second time getting a package from DPD, they seem much more efficient than the majority of other courier companies operating here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Some amazing prices on that site. Especially considering what you would get in a bricks and mortar store here.

Can't wait for my laptop to break. :p

great prices and delivery in 2 days whenever I used them. very happy overall. prices have gone up slightly from what they were but still the best value around - no competition imo unless there is a one-off special somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Bit annoyed. Ordered a laptop last night and paid via paypal. Today the payment was refunded due to address problem as per OP and others. Now laptop £50 more expensive and girl on phone "couldn't guarantee original price".
    http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_G570_1076389.htmlWhich is a bit rubbish.

Have emailed in parallel and will see if anything is offered. Otherwise will look elsewhere. Amazon seems to have some decent deals on Lenovo and Acers!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭raydar

im thinking of getting this http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ASUS_U53JC-XX149V_1008196.html

What are their after sales warranty and support like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Seen your PC World Thread, this Lappie could be an option maybe.
    raydar wrote: »
    im thinking of getting this http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ASUS_U53JC-XX149V_1008196.html

What are their after sales warranty and support like?
    I started a thread with the same question a little while back, no responses, so seems no one has had a problem with them yet on here, googling around, the only bad thing I see said about them is that they're slow to answer the phone.

Did you see this one?

Cheaper, better processor, better graphics, but worse battery.

Thanks

i dont no about Acer ?
    i was into ;
    ACER Aspire 5750 15.6" Laptop - Black

im getting into gamng so it might do

Thanks

i dont no about Acer ?
    i was into ;
    ACER Aspire 5750 15.6" Laptop - Black

im getting into gamng so it might do
    You might want to read up on graphics before you get into gaming. That one on that laptop won't do at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

I tried to place an order on their website and found it impossible to select any destination country other than United Kingdom. Anyone have any information on how to complete an order for Ireland with them??

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

I tried to place an order on their website and found it impossible to select any destination country other than United Kingdom. Anyone have any information on how to complete an order for Ireland with them??

Answered my own question this morning. Rang them and was told to simply leave the destination country as United Kingdom and complete the order filling in your own Irish delivery address.

Ordered this today: https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_G570_1076390.html

Cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 certifiable

collybyrne wrote: »
    Answered my own question this morning. Rang them and was told to simply leave the destination country as United Kingdom and complete the order filling in your own Irish delivery address.

Cant wait!!

I ordered that one too, on Friday evening, had to ring and answer some verification questions at their request.

One strange thing with the verification questions, which were:
    Repeat my address to them.
    Tell them my credit card type and issuing bank
    But the final question: "Can you tell me who is your broadband provider associated with the number at your address"
    That is very strange question. I told them (it's eircom)
    Surely they couldn't know that, to use it as a verification question?

Anyone had that question from them?
    I dunno, maybe they're providing who your provider is to a telecoms company so they can pitch a different broadband provider to people.
    Don't see how it can be a verification question.

Anyway, I'm just happy that the order is now being worked on and will get to me soon :)

• Advertisement

Thats great hopefully their aftersales support is genuine and i hope you are to become another satisfied customer

Did you read their T&C ,you have 28 days to return it at your expence

I hope the Lenovo screen dosn't start to burn your eyes over time , their quaility is know to be poor.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thats great hopefully their aftersales support is genuine and i hope you are to become another satisfied customer

I hope the Lenovo screen dosn't start to burn your eyes over time , their quaility is know to be poor.

So the Lenevo screens are poor?

I was going to get one of the or the Samsung. Not sure which one now!

The Acers I have had before all the screens died on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

have you dealt with saveonlaptops before? wonder would amazon be a better choice to buy from

how bad are the screen supposed to get on the lenovo's?

No i have not dealt with them

I think ASUS's 2 year warranty is a comfortable thought

they use high quility components

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads I want to buy a netbook off this company but when I go to sign up and type in my billing address there isn't an option to type in your country.

How did you lot enter your address?

I realise that's probably a stupid question but thought I would ask to make sure!

im sure this might help you :

collybyrne wrote: »

Cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

im prob being a retard here but i cant get past the register stage.
    keep getting this message when i enter my contact name.
    i - This information must match the address on your card statement. You can enter a delivery address at a later stage.
    what am i doing wrong??
    or is this UK only

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jizzyboner

I just got mine delivered today. Only ordered monday morning and DPD called to the house earlier. That's very good as i wasn't expecting it until Friday where I am down in Kerry.

Haven't taken it out of the box yet as I'm still copying all my old rubbish onto an external hard disk. My 4 year old HP has seen better days but has been very reliable.

Going to start it up in a while and see how the new one looks and seems.

Got this one, so hope it lasts me 4 years anyway :)

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_IdeaPad_Z570_1091048.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

jizzyboner wrote: »
    I just got mine delivered today. Only ordered monday morning and DPD called to the house earlier. That's very good as i wasn't expecting it until Friday where I am down in Kerry.

Haven't taken it out of the box yet as I'm still copying all my old rubbish onto an external hard disk. My 4 year old HP has seen better days but has been very reliable.

Going to start it up in a while and see how the new one looks and seems.

Got this one, so hope it lasts me 4 years anyway :)

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_IdeaPad_Z570_1091048.html

That's brilliant speed. I ordered my Lenovo late Sunday night/early Monday morning... I'm in Ashbourne (just outside Dublin) so I'm surprised an order made to Kerry arrived a day earlier than mine.

Just got told by my postman while he delivered some letters; "I've got a package waiting for you, I'll have it for you later", which means I'm blaming An Post for any lateness I have in arrival, not the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jizzyboner

carlcon wrote: »
    That's brilliant speed. I ordered my Lenovo late Sunday night/early Monday morning... I'm in Ashbourne (just outside Dublin) so I'm surprised an order made to Kerry arrived a day earlier than mine.

Just got told by my postman while he delivered some letters; "I've got a package waiting for you, I'll have it for you later", which means I'm blaming An Post for any lateness I have in arrival, not the website.

Hi
    I don't know why the postie would have it. From what I saw on the site, all the deliveries to Ireland are done by DPD on what their site says "2 day". I was told to allow 4 days but very happy to have got it when I did.

Hope you get it today then and you're as happy with it as I am with mine, now I have had chance to play a bit.

The Z570 has a lovely metallic finish and the touch sensitive controls above the keys, so very happy I paid the small bit extra over the G series.

What finally swung it for me was the review of 20 laptops in this months PCPro magazine.

Advertisement