Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

She was kicked from the Irish Times.. but apparently the written word holds people to a higher standard than the broadcasted word..
    Don't forget the magic words - allegedly allegedly allegedly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Welcome back to TV3 Denis O'Brien Sarah Carey :rolleyes: :mad:

Is that true?

Is that true?
    Well, she is presenting for Vinny all this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

No one is perfect..so many tv personalities have less than clean pasts - Dunphy being the biggest example...people should get over it.

Edit: I ain't a fan of Sarah Carey or anything, just think she's suffered enough now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Well, she is presenting for Vinny all this week.

I disagree and no that isn't true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

No one is perfect..so many tv personalities have less than clean pasts - Dunphy being the biggest example...people should get over it.

Edit: I ain't a fan of Sarah Carey or anything, just think she's suffered enough now.

It's a bit much when she's giving her opinion on public matters when she lied to a tribunal. Not like she's that good of a presenter anyway.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    It's a bit much when she's giving her opinion on public matters when she lied to a tribunal. Not like she's that good of a presenter anyway.

I take your point, but Eamon Dunphy and many others seem to get away with it.

I take your point, but Eamon Dunphy and many others seem to get away with it.

Dunphy is controversial but that's his style. He's never lied to tribunals or done anything of the sort. Surely if you're presenting a current affairs program then your record would have to be clean in that regard, not to mention being likable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's a bit much when she's giving her opinion on public matters when she lied to a tribunal.

That would be my point exactly.. She could and should have been charged with perjury, had this been a proper court case.. instead of these toothless, pointless tribunals.. I mean, how is it proper that a person who has lied to the State should be then allowed to broadcast to the State ?

Dunphy is controversial but that's his style. He's never lied to tribunals or done anything of the sort. Surely if you're presenting a current affairs program then your record would have to be clean in that regard, not to mention being likable.

Dunphy has a drink-driving charge - a taboo now in this country, but that hasn't affected his career. That's why I was mentioning him.

• Advertisement

That would be my point exactly.. She could and should have been charged with perjury, had this been a proper court case.. instead of these toothless, pointless tribunals.. I mean, how is it proper that a person who has lied to the State should be then allowed to broadcast to the State ?

That's it, she lied and wasted the time of an expensive tribunal. Not something to be proud of. Also, as I said above it's not like she's a good presenter anyway. A good presenter has to have a likability factor, not a chance she has 'it' after what she done.

It's a private station, they can put on whatever presenter they like. There's always the remote if you don't like it.

That's it, she lied and wasted the time of an expensive tribunal. Not something to be proud of. Also, as I said above it's not like she's a good presenter anyway. A good presenter has to have a likability factor, not a chance she has 'it' after what she done.

So do you just not like her or is the issue her lying in the tribunal?

The woman has to make a living somehow you know, she's had her detox period. Time to move on.

Dunphy has a drink-driving charge - a taboo now in this country, but that hasn't affected his career. That's why I was mentioning him.

Dunphy committed a crime and was punished by the laws of the land.. He is serving his sentence, and if you have a problem with that you can take it up with the "justice" system.. Sarah Carey committed the crime of perjury, but because of the moratorium on accountability within the context that is set by the tribunals, every two bit drug dealing/thieving scumbag in the state will feel vindicated by the fact that Sarah Carey, an Irish Times journalist can lie to the State without recourse..

Jim McDaid got away with it too to a certain degree. People generally like Dunphy anyway and not to mention he was accountable for his actions.
    It's a private station, they can put on whatever presenter they like. There's always the remote if you don't like it.

Of course they're entitled to put whoever they want on. Doesn't mean it's the right decision.
    The woman has to make a living somehow you know, she's had her detox period. Time to move on.

I don't like her as a presenter. I think it's a step too far. Look at the Youtube video above, how could you not be a little annoyed and I reckon I'm in the majority. But each to their own, you obviously feel different.

Dunphy committed a crime and was punished by the laws of the land.. He is serving his sentence, and if you have a problem with that you can take it up with the "justice" system.. Sarah Carey committed the crime of perjury, but because of the moratorium on accountability within the context that is set by the tribunals, every two bit drug dealing/thieving scumbag in the state will feel vindicated by the fact that Sarah Carey, an Irish Times journalist can lie to the State without recourse..

And people like you will dutifully keep reminding people of her lying past.

She lost her job at the IT and went missing off TV3 for months. Consider that her jail sentence.

Whether it's a considered a crime when it's in a tribunal setting, I'm not quite sure. But I presume you've looked it up.

Jim McDaid got away with it too to a certain degree. People generally like Dunphy anyway and not to mention he was accountable for his actions.

Of course they're entitled to put whoever they want on. Doesn't mean it's the right decision.

I don't like her as a presenter. I think it's a step too far. Look at the Youtube video above, how could you not be a little annoyed and I reckon I'm in the majority. But each to their own, you obviously feel different.

Yeah course I was annoyed....at the time. But I've got over it.

Whether it's a considered a crime when it's in a tribunal setting, I'm not quite sure. But I presume you've looked it up.

Well, as far as I know, any evidence given to the tribunal is not admissable in a court of law.. And if any court case was to be initiated from the findings of a tribunal, they would have to forgo everything previously learned, and a new trial started from scratch.. I could be wrong on the finer details .. I'm not a legal person, and am open to correction, but that is what how I think it works.

I actually thought she was good when she stepped in for Vincent last year, and appeared to be more natural than the other stand in presenters, particularly Sam Smyth .. But given that Vincent is normally vehemently critical of how the justice system differentiates between the "privileged" and working classes in it's sentencing and general handling of cases, it's kind of morally ironic that she should be handed the reins..

Well, as far as I know, any evidence given to the tribunal is not admissable in a court of law.. And if any court case was to be initiated from the findings of a tribunal, they would have to forgo everything previously learned, and a new trial started from scratch.. I could be wrong on the finer details .. I'm not a legal person, and am open to correction, but that is what how I think it works.

I actually thought she was good when she stepped in for Vincent last year, and appeared to be more natural than the other stand in presenters, particularly Sam Smyth .. But given that Vincent is normally vehemently critical of how the justice system differentiates between the "privileged" and working classes in it's sentencing and general handling of cases, it's kind of morally ironic that she should be handed the reins..

You seemed pretty sure in your previous posts. I don't think it's a crime, as tribunals are different to courts, no jury etc.

VB doesn't get to choose his substitute. He's not compromised in any way.

You seemed pretty sure in your previous posts.

My opinion would be that it should be considered perjury to lie to a tribunal.. as it would be if you lied to a court of law.. I mean we seem to disagree on absolutely everything else, surely we can agree on this?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Is it not supposed to be Ivan Yates this week...?

I can't stand Carey's voice...

My opinion would be that it should be considered perjury to lie to a tribunal.. as it would be if you lied to a court of law.. I mean we seem to disagree on absolutely everything else, surely we can agree on this?

You said it was a crime, I disagree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Who's this one with the annoying voice in for Vinny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Is the Central Mental Hospital missing a patient with a beard, scruffy hair and wearing an Ireland jersey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I wonder will Carey be back at the helm of the "Midweek" programme as she was before, the show that prides itself on exposing dishonesty and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

sollar wrote: »
    Is the Central Mental Hospital missing a patient with a beard, scruffy hair and wearing an Ireland jersey :D

Very strange line up tonight.

That is some hair-do yer man has :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I can't wait for Vincent to get back off his ridiculous elongated teacher-sized holiday. I hope they are saving the Mahon tribunal report till he gets back. Only he will give it socks in the studio. Hopefully they'll send in a FF patsy to feel his wrath....

sollar wrote: »

When I saw him I first thought of this..

ace-ventura04.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Does anyone believe Phil Hogan saying that he is introducing water metering for conservation reasons?

Its all about money and i'm sick of these spinners blaming the EU for making them do it. They have no problem going against the EU with VRT on cars. God they make me angry :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement