Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭Good loser

Catherine Murphy is very weak on the facts, but not nearly as bad as Boyd Barrett.

She's hopeless. Poor articulation and clarity. Nice jowls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Bad week for FG... James Reilly defaulting on 1.9M Debt!! Phil Hogan given preferential loan by Sean Fitzpatrick.. Makes you wonder are they really as far away from their FF counterparts as they would try to make you believe..

Kathryn Murphy is a very poor performer.. It's like your aunty talking about the bingo round the kitchen table..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

James Reilly defaulting on 1.9M Debt!! Phil Hogan given preferential loan by Sean Fitzpatrick.....

WHAT ? :eek:

I've been away for most of last week.

Sounds like I came back to find the FFers are back in power. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Bad week for FG... James Reilly defaulting on 1.9M Debt!! Phil Hogan given preferential loan by Sean Fitzpatrick.. Makes you wonder are they really as far away from their FF counterparts as they would try to make you believe..

Kathryn Murphy is a very poor performer.. It's like your aunty talking about the bingo round the kitchen table..

Fingleton, not Fitzpatrick.

Both scumbags though.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Fingleton, not Fitzpatrick.
    Both scumbags though.

Sorry yeah, I was just listening back to the Sunday morning podcasts to get the details of the story... BTW, listen in to the Podcast of The Sunday Show, there's a great row between John Waters and Conor Pope..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Whelan and one 't' Mathews weren't exactly the epitome of clarity either.
    In fact, I have to say the entire show was a shambles.

But seeing as its coming from the private sector, then we don't really have a right to expect any standard whatsoever, bar what the providers think they can get away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Sorry yeah, I was just listening back to the Sunday morning podcasts to get the details of the story... BTW, listen in to the Podcast of The Sunday Show, there's a great row between John Waters and Conor Pope..

havent been listening to that since eamo left and they subjected us to shane fecking coleman.

but had a listen based on your post in the other thread and it was a great laugh.

"bristling" doenst do justice to the reactions of the other guests to johns utterances and it made for great entertainment.

fergus finlay aint bad in the slot either.

if they keep it up i may come back. still cant stand fecking savage on todayFM though. i always ending up just wanting to punch the smug twat on general principles.

:D

if they keep it up i may come back. still cant stand fecking savage on todayFM though. i always ending up just wanting to punch the smug twat on general principles.:D

I havent got around to the podcasts on that show.. Did they discuss the subject of his mother giving PR advice to Father Reynolds, at the same time that his father was the head of RTE... Or would him discussing it have constituted yet another conflict of interest... Completely ridiculous situation, the whole lot of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Vincent will be covering the James Reilly story at some point this evening.

Here is a list of Minister James Reilly's interests.

REILLY, Dr. James (Dublin North)

1. Occupational Income …….. (1) Medical doctor: Fingal Clinic: The Square, Lusk, Co. Dublin; (2) Landlord: Lusk Town Centre and surgery, Lusk, Co. Dublin.

Other Information Provided: (1) Medical practice transferred to another GP during 2011. I applied to have my name removed from the medical register as per regulations and I currently do not practice as a GP.

2. Shares …………………….. Nil

3. Directorships……………… Lusk Property Investments Limited: Century House, Harolds Cross Road, Dublin 6W: property management and leasing company.

4. Land ……………………… (1) ½ acre Cock Hill, Stamullen, Co. Meath: site;
    (2) Derelict ruin on ¼ acre, Balrothery, Co. Dublin: site - derelict - no planning permission; (3) Commercial building, Lusk Town Centre, Lusk: comprising surgery, treatment rooms, consulting rooms, offices, pharmacy, supermarket, bookmakers, barbers, unoccupied restaurant, 1 apartment & 3 sites for town houses & vacant floor: leased to tenants; (4) Former family farm: Baldrummond, Lusk, Co. Dublin, 86 acres: let for tillage; (5) Holiday home: Doonbeg: No. 32 The Courtyard: investment; (6) House: Seafoam, Rush, Co. Dublin on .7 acre: residence; (7) Green Hills Nursing Home, Carrick on Suir, Tipperary: ¼ share: care of the elderly: interest transferred to blind trust as per SIPO advice; (8) Commercial site on one third share of 1.3 acres at Nevinstown, Swords, Co. Dublin: commercial site undeveloped; (9) Land at Loughton, Moneygall, Co. Offaly: 150 acres: farming & woodland: 100 acres let for grazing; (10) Golf club membership at Doonbeg GC., Co. Clare: golf.

5. Gifts ……………………… Nil

6. Property and Service …….. Nil

7. Travel Facilities ………….. Nil

8. Remunerated Position ……. Nil

9. Contracts …………………. Mother and child scheme, vaccination scheme, heartwatch Gms schemes: HSE Sr. Patrick Dunnes Hospital, Dublin 2: Minister for Health.

Other Information Provided: I am no longer contracted to supply these services as I ceased practicing as a GP during 2011.

http://www.oireachtas.ie/parliament/tdssenators/registerofmembersinterests/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

nice bit of business for stubbs gazette/stubbs collect landing a whale like lowry

• Advertisement

TV3 are cynical with this sort of reporting.. Bags packed and person with a big sad face.... "I'm being forced out on the street because my rent allowance is being cut"... You're being forced out on the street cos you cant afford to live in a place on your own, just go an live with your family like everybody would. At least her boyfriend vacated the place while the cameras were there..

She could do with a good cough to clear her throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,504 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Vincent will be covering the James Reilly story at some point this evening.

Here is a list of Minister James Reilly's interests.

http://www.oireachtas.ie/parliament/tdssenators/registerofmembersinterests/

He'll have a fair bit of Property Tax to pay unless of course he transfers it over to someone else.
    I thought he was involved with an up and running Nursing Home and if so does this not constitute a conflict of interest?

I do love seeing Labour trying to defend the cuts though.. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i meant reilly

TV3 are cynical with this sort of reporting.. Bags packed and person with a big sad face.... "I'm being forced out on the street because my rent allowance is being cut"... You're being forced out on the street cos you cant afford to live in a place on your own, just go an live with your family like everybody would. At least her boyfriend vacated the place while the cameras were there..

Maybe just maybe she's genuine. They all can't be leeches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

If Nicola would like a sugar daddy I would like to volunteer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭baldbear

More rent cuts are needed. If you can't afford tbe rent then move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Is she the best that could be found. Floundering about the place.

RBB has finally found someone he can bully.

• Advertisement

Shryke wrote: »
    Is she the best that could be found. Floundering about the place.

She should try coming up for air occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

RBB has finally found someone he can bully.

I'm sure he is thanking the gods that poor aul Joanna is also on the show tonight.

This is ridiculous... No balance at all... And Tuffy isnt strong enough to put Rich Boy back in his box... yeah Richard give away more houses for free, encourage a few more people to pack in their jobs so they qualify for a free house.. And then have them ringing the council every day trying to get the pyrite fixed on the taxpayers bill.

Move on to Reilly please. I want to see that smug fcuker taken down a peg, the Minister for Promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭baldbear

Lady talking sense there. Vinnie wont be happy.

Skywalker again picking on Darth Vader. He's flying tonight. No opposition.

I thought it was common knowledge that he signed away his control over it when he went in to Government?

Tuffy admits there may be a conflict of interest.

But then says there's nothing against it in the rules.

Well thats all right then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I thought it was common knowledge that he signed away his control over it when he went in to Government?
    He signed the control over to a trust, i.e. his solicitor. He still has a vested interest in it.

edit: RBB got there at my time of typing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

This one is meant to be Labour?
    She's terrible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement