Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Leo spinning the Ulster disgrace as a timely lesson in what would happen if we left the Euro. God he's so smug. He's as establishment as you get now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I wonder what clanger we can expect from Cantwell tonight. He was hilarious last week.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Sam is so boring these days. Himself and Hamill's mutual appreciation society is getting old at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I like John McGuinness and I think he's a good guy.. but why would you have a Fianna Fáiler carrying out the investigation in to what happened "that night"... Why doesnt he just ask all the other members and ex members of his party???

'Good Guy' McGuinness who never voted against the government, for all his guff. He's worse than the likes of Cowen and Lenihan, even.

So you're suggesting we get Marc Coleman to present it?

Yes please. He's excellent on the radio. An isle of sense and decency in an ocean of despair...:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

'Good Guy' McGuinness who never voted against the government, for all his guff. He's worse than the likes of Cowen and Lenihan, even.

He certainly said what the nation was thinking about Mary Coughlan..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,504 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Peter Hamill looks like he's only there as Sam's assistant. What is his purpose on the programme ?

McGuiness is a rabid slash and burn merchant. Nasty piece of work...

This is grasping a bit to talk about Ephron, just because she was married to a political reporter.

Peter Hamill looks like he's only there as Sam's assistant. What is his purpose on the programme ?
    To massage Sam's ego...

• Advertisement

Here we go again. Inane NY rambling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Any time you let a TV3 presenter go off script they turn in to a taxi driver.

That cameraman can't take his eyes off Margaret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

cantwell should take a chill pill

He certainly said what the nation was thinking about Mary Coughlan..

More to undermine her politically, than out of a genuine stance.

It is interesting how Sam skipped the story in the Irish Mail about Enda Kenny and Ursula Halligan.

Edit: They eventually got around to discussing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,504 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MrsD007 wrote: »
    It is interesting how Sam skipped the story in the Irish Mail about Enda Kenny and Ursula Halligan.
    She probably gave him a karate chop with one of her flailing arms. She's always swinging them.

Can someone tell me what happened with Cantwell. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Cantwell is very annoying.

Can someone tell me what happened with Cantwell. :)
    I knew him when he worked in Clare FM about 15 years ago, he seems to have a massive ego. He used to present TV3's Midday but he was dropped from that and he just presents the news bulletins now.

• Advertisement

I knew him when he worked in Clare FM about 15 years ago, he seems to have a massive ego.

Yeah he does.
    But did something happen yesterday- i missed it.

Yeah he does.
    But did something happen yesterday- i missed it.
    Are you referring to his appearance on the VB show last week by any chance?

He thought he was being very smart asking Mary Lou McDonald why The Irish News An Phoblacht. didn't have a picture of the McGuinness/The Queen's handshake in the paper. He looked like an idiot when Vinny pointed out the paper had been printed a few days before the Queen's visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Are you referring to his appearance on the VB show last week by any chance?

He thought he was being very smart asking Mary Lou McDonald why The Irish News didn't have a picture of the McGuinness/The Queen's handshake in the paper. He looked like an idiot when Vinny pointed out the paper had been printed a few days before the Queen's visit.

You mean An Poblacht, the Irish News is a daily paper. And you have the nerve to criticise him for not knowing what he was on about? oh the irony:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,224 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You mean An Poblacht, the Irish News is a daily paper. And you have the nerve to criticise him for not knowing what he was on about? oh the irony:rolleyes:

Yeah cos its the same thing.

I don't have Republican newspapers on order with my newsagent so I'm not claiming to be an expert. However, Cantwell is paid for reviewing the papers so he should have checked his facts before launching a tirade on Mary-Lou.

Of course you do know that the correct spelling is 'An Phoblacht' ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

he really stepped in it that time
    he seems to be a bit of a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Anyone know who next weeks presenter is? I take it Vinny is on his holidays.

Anyone know who next weeks presenter is? I take it Vinny is on his holidays.
    Sam Smyth said last Thursday night that Vinny would be back on Monday.

Vinny giving Enda a break. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Catherine Murphy is very weak on the facts, but not nearly as bad as Boyd Barrett.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement