Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

That John Whelan is a no mark senator who was grandstanding too much, today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

That John Whelan is a no mark senator who was grandstanding too much, today.
    John Whelan is a former editor of the Leinster Express and has over thirty years journalistic experience, that more than qualifies him to be there in my opinion.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    John Whelan is a former editor of the Leinster Express and has over thirty years journalistic experience, that more than qualifies him to be there in my opinion.

Could not win a seat for Labour in Laois-Offaly, even with their excellent performance. A no mark in political terms,at least.
    You don't think what you posted about him there means he could have his own agenda?

Plus, the Kate FitzGerald comment wasn't needed.

You don't think what you posted about him there means he could have his own agenda?
    Personally, I feel his journalistic experience gives him a better understanding of the situation than some of the others on the committee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Rabbitte is taking less crap than usual tonight. He's in rare form indeed.

I wouldn't like to accidently bump into him in the corridor after this.

• Advertisement

Rabbite is very close to walking off I'd say :eek:

Does Rabbitte think he is the host, now?

Rabbite is very close to walking off I'd say :eek:

I've never seen him like this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Babbling nonsense! There's some backtracking going on here.

It's the first time I've watched VB in a while - I picked a good night!

Rabbitte is very aggressive, I wonder has she hit a nerve.

• Advertisement

Rabbitte is very aggressive, I wonder has she hit a nerve.

She works for an 'evil' private media organisation in Rabbitte's eyes. Of course she did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Duck...low flying dummytit imminent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

That indo journalist is some twat. Give her a smack pat!

She works for an 'evil' private media organisation in Rabbitte's eyes. Of course she did.
    I have never seen Rabbitte so worked up before, I really thought he was going to storm off the set :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Could not win a seat for Labour in Laois-Offaly, even with their excellent performance.

To be fair, Laois/Offaly is a strange and rather backward constituency. Despite everything, they returned two Fianna Fail TDs.

So did County Galway :(

In what used to be Dev's county, Clare only returned one FF TD.

One too many :mad:

I have never seen Rabbitte so worked up before, I really thought he was going to storm off the set :D

I usually think of him as being pompous, but not particularly nasty. There seems to be a nasty mood off him tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

In what used to be Dev's county, Clare only returned one FF TD.

yeah, but that was Timmy Dooley :(

Hopefully next time you can join the FF Free Zone :)

Skid wrote: »
    yeah, but that was Timmy Dooley Dolittle :(

Hopefully next time you can join the FF Free Zone :)
    Fixed :D

• Advertisement

WOW, I'm amazed that Gallagher gave himself up after all these years :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

WOW, I'm amazed that Gallagher gave himself up after all these years :eek:

I wonder if it is a tactical move, it sounds like the louser knows what he is doing :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

What did ye here think of the cringe worthy exchange about the Eurovision at the start?

Sindri wrote: »
    What did ye here think of the cringe worthy exchange about the Eurovision at the start?

Just a bit of VB randomness, and in a funny way it showed how out of touch these guys are. The bloody song must be one of the most played on TV/Radio in the last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Skid wrote: »
    I wonder if it is a tactical move, it sounds like the louser knows what he is doing :mad:
    He prob does in his own bad dim witted way
    I better say no more

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I didn't think it was cringeworthy at all! If Jedward won I'm sure as Minister for Communications Mr. Rabbitte would be one of the first clamouring to congratulate them. Says a lot that he couldn't even name the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

It wasn't as bad as the dopey Sindo journo. The exchange between her and Rabbitte was cringe-worthy, she allowed him to have the upper hand by making a stupid insinuation and by doing that she wasn't able to land a blow on him about no-one from the RTE authority resigning. He could just bluff his way out of it by getting into high dudgeon about her smartass remarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I usually think of him as being pompous, but not particularly nasty. There seems to be a nasty mood off him tonight.

Do you remember the night he attacked Pat "Skelator" Carey. He was spitting fire that night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

It wasn't as bad as the dopey Sindo journo. The exchange between her and Rabbitte was cringe-worthy, she allowed him to have the upper hand by making a stupid insinuation and by doing that she wasn't able to land a blow on him about no-one from the RTE authority resigning. He could just bluff his way out of it by getting into high dudgeon about her smartass remarks.

Only got around to watching last night's show now & that lady made a terrible fool of herself .... as VB pointed out she wanted to make an implication but hadn't the guts to back it up, very unprofessional & cowardly but hardly surprising from the Indo. IMO Pat Rabbitt won that round hands down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Callan57 wrote: »
    Only got around to watching last night's show now & that lady made a terrible fool of herself .... as VB pointed out she wanted to make an implication but hadn't the guts to back it up, very unprofessional & cowardly but hardly surprising from the Indo. IMO Pat Rabbitt won that round hands down
    The accusation was made in the senate, basically a FF senator claimed that RTE paid off the garda Rabbitte defamed, and hey presto Rabitte is happy with RTE.

Called it a "whitewash" I'll see if I can find the text

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement