Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I was playing a soccer match night and there was a group of little knackers on the sideline. That was grand until I ran past them one stage and they started shouting "Jimmy Savile!" at me, followed by "kiddy fiddler" amongst other things. I think I need a haircut...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Exams.

I am so unprepared and I have exams in two weeks, I am seriously freaking out at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Job hunting is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I was playing a soccer match night and there was a group of little knackers on the sideline. That was grand until I ran past them one stage and they started shouting "Jimmy Savile!" at me, followed by "kiddy fiddler" amongst other things. I think I need a haircut...

keep it long if that's what your'e happy with. if some future dole scobes have nothing better to do than slag your hair well then screw them

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Well, you are a Handsome Divil...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Im not trying to make it sound like im better than you. But all i want is for you to care for the music. have a bit of pride in the way you download it. You wouldn't go and buy a clone of the best selling phone out there or the top sports car because you know it wouldnt be as great as the real thing so why download music in a rubbish way. just spending an extra 5 minutes to find the song your looking for in real mp3 rather than just taking the first version that appears on YouTube.

I used to be one of those people but i developed a great love for the detail of songs that i love to hear every beat, bass, drum and knock, thanks to my uber favorite Artist. My table should be vibrating from the beat, my legs will feel the rhythm climb up them . Do people not care about how your body and soul should be sucked into the sound of the music. just floating away. have people forgotten? Is it just a case of oh i like this song i will download it so i just listen to it. do people not want to be passionate about their music and what it means to them. My music is my voice. I will describe the kind of person i am, and show me who i am.

Fair enough if my music is not to your liking DONT Judge it. Its apart of our lives and makes us who we are. Just listen to the detail the way it moves in surround sound formation moving from one ear to the next taking you away from your problems just for that short while to let you escape.

So thats why i asked you to stop downloading youtube video and start looking for the high detailed quality mp3 or AAC. Im not trying to be better than you im just asking you to have some pride.

/rant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Jhcx wrote: »
    Im not trying to make it sound like im better than you. But all i want is for you to care for the music. have a bit of pride in the way you download it. You wouldn't go and buy a clone of the best selling phone out there or the top sports car because you know it wouldnt be as great as the real thing so why download music in a rubbish way. just spending an extra 5 minutes to find the song your looking for in real mp3 rather than just taking the first version that appears on YouTube.

I used to be one of those people but i developed a great love for the detail of songs that i love to hear every beat, bass, drum and knock, thanks to my uber favorite Artist. My table should be vibrating from the beat, my legs will feel the rhythm climb up them . Do people not care about how your body and soul should be sucked into the sound of the music. just floating away. have people forgotten? Is it just a case of oh i like this song i will download it so i just listen to it. do people not want to be passionate about their music and what it means to them. My music is my voice. I will describe the kind of person i am, and show me who i am.

Fair enough if my music is not to your liking DONT Judge it. Its apart of our lives and makes us who we are. Just listen to the detail the way it moves in surround sound formation moving from one ear to the next taking you away from your problems just for that short while to let you escape.

So thats why i asked you to stop downloading youtube video and start looking for the high detailed quality mp3 or AAC. Im not trying to be better than you im just asking you to have some pride.

/rant :)

I always look for higher quality music files if possible. From reading your first few sentences I thought it was going to be about piracy.

I've done it in the past but I actually wouldn't mind if torrent and warez sites were outlawed completely now. People aren't entitled to free music and artists are suffering as a result. I'd rather buy the music and support the musicians, having been exposed to the bigger picture.

Sorry for going slightly off tangent there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Okay I spoke too soon. After CPR and everything sadly the second and third kittens didn't survive, I think they were too big and Charcoal (the mammy) was too small. We still have little Mini me though, she's the only one out of the 3 that was all black like Charcoal, the other two (who we named Buttons and Simba) were black and white.

I shall upload a picture of mammy and baby soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Okay I spoke too soon. After CPR and everything sadly the second and third kittens didn't survive, I think they were too big and Charcoal (the mammy) was too small. We still have little Mini me though, she's the only one out of the 3 that was all black like Charcoal, the other two (who we named Buttons and Simba) were black and white.
    Sorry to hear that, hopefully Mini will persevere :) Picture should be suitably adorable!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I feel like I'll be one of those people that come out and reflect that yeah Sixth Year was the best school year of my life but dear lawd there are some sh*tty parts to it. My life is nothing short of a shambles at the moment and I don't even know anymore. Failing to make sense of anything. Assuming foetal position.

• Advertisement

So, going to fail my exams....yep.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

So, going to fail my exams....yep.

Not as badly as me, don't worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I went to Limerick for the last few days as my roomie Ash had a free house and invited me up to keep her company for a while and also decided to throw a bit of a party for the PharmCrew aswell. Went up Wednesday and had an epic start when the lad I've kinda been with collected me from the bus,collected Ash and her friend and drove to her house. Class, I thought. How wrong I was.

Got to my Ash's house, had bants for ages etc, slept, etc etc etc. Collected our friends from train and bus station approx 6pm Thurs and myself and Ash's roomie,N. Grand. Got back to Ash's, got dressed blah blah. All the amis arrived, and N had a lot of drink,Jack D, vodka, a 70cl of Smirnoff Ice- notgood.

Anyways, it hit ~9.30pm and she was fair drunk and knowing what she's like-crying drunk- I told her to stop drinking, that she wasn't to be crying tonight, advice she swiftly ignored.

Got to Angel Lane, grand. Got a text to say I was needed because N was so drunk. Collected her, brought her downstairs, PAID for water for her, anything to help get her sober.

She was bawling crying and giving me abuse that I don't like her as much as my other roomies, that I make no effort with her when I'm the one in the apartment who tries the hardest. Always inviting her with us if we're going out, asked her to live with us next year, travel down on buses and trains etc. She started roaring at me,despite I was the only one who cared enough to waste my night trying to help a drunken fool who already had ignored my advice. I was getting fair mad at this stage because it's typical her.

She then goes that she's worried about me. And I'm like "What? Why?! I'm grand, dafuq you on about?". She then informs me that she's been looking up my Boards posts for months and reading them all behind my back and showing my other roomies.

I'm ashamed to say I flipped out. Total invasion of privacy. I spend my time, so much of it since the start of the year, trying to help this low self esteem fool, working so hard to help her and in return, she spies on me.

Words cannot describe how angry, hurt and upset I am. I did nothing but try be nice to that girl and in turn, I get abuse hurled at me, roared at and my efforts thrown back in my face.

Study month is going to be great.

/rant

Why do we listen to people. i should stick by my own rule "if its gone its Fcking gone deal with it"

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Leaving a significant portion of my project to be completed on the last two days was a terrible idea... why do I let this **** happen? :mad:

EDIT: I just noticed my post is the first on page #666 (for those with 15 posts per page)... is this bad? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Listening to that 16 year old with terminal cancer on The Saturday Night Show has left me in tears. I can't even imagine what it's like to be handed a death sentence at such a young age (Not that being handed one at any age is any better). Just thinking of all the things involved in growing up that I took (and still take) for granted that he'll never get to do. Even the simple things in life like sitting outside on a nice day, feeling the sun and the breeze on your skin. Imagine never being able to do that again. How do you even begin to comprehend that? Life is so strange and unfair at times, it really doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Listening to that 16 year old with terminal cancer on The Saturday Night Show has left me in tears. I can't even imagine what it's like to be handed a death sentence at such a young age (Not that being handed one at any age is any better). Just thinking of all the things involved in growing up that I took (and still take) for granted that he'll never get to do. Even the simple things in life like sitting outside on a nice day, feeling the sun and the breeze on your skin. Imagine never being able to do that again. How do you even begin to comprehend that? Life is so strange and unfair at times, it really doesn't make sense.

Having met Donal and trying to train him at a rowing camp, he truely is a legend. There is not one person in Tralee who does not know and appreciate the person that he is <3 I remember him not being able to do some of the activities due to his leg but still being a cheeky fecker, messing continuously and having the bants.

He is an inspiration. Words cannot describe how he has changed the lives of the people he's met.

Family weddings make for baaaad hangovers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

49 hours in work next week should be a yeah but everyone is a night shift, and instead of them being spread over five days there are two half shifts which makes it six five am finishes on the trot. I expect to look and feel like something out of the walking dead come next monday morning.

EDIT: due to a lovely 3pm phone call. six days has turned into seven plus the four in a row i've just had. Just as i texting people to make plans for my lully day off too. Darn me being too nice to refuse to cover. 11 day working week for the win! :(

Watching home and away and they show next days(Weeks) episode and its like "You can't do that!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Watching home and away and they show next days(Weeks) episode and its like "You can't do that!"

/avoids RTE Player/

Cheers. :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    /avoids RTE Player/

Cheers. :)

Na i think your lucky on RTE they show the credits. Its the Aus version thats the problem.

Made my pastry too sticky, and I'd no flour to change it. All went in the bin, dammit!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Uhh I cant deal.
    I need a bigger brain or head or something to fit the million things I have swirling through my mind right now

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

I am so sick if everything! I have a throat infection and a constant head ache, I don't sleep anymore due to constant worry that I'm going to fail my LC and let myself and family down, my Irish oral is next week and I want to focus on that but teachers decide now is a great time to pile on the home work and more exams and don't get me started on my geography project! I just want to do the lc and have it over with and let me move on to the next stage In life. I feel like i have completely out grown secondary school and its a strange place to be now and i certainly will not miss it. I want summer holidays and I want them now.

/rant

I've walked myself into a love triangle and I'm about to rip myself apart emotionally I'm weak at this. And all this talk of cancer lately is starting to scare the crap out of me, feeling bumps and pains on my back and have no idea if I'm over reacting or should go to the doctor. Don't think I can handle putting myself into a state thinking about death. Bad enough people keep talking about making a will. I'm too young to be wishing my future away Id like to live for good while I'm scared of death life just suddenly gone? "Just going to sleep" eh fk off please :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I've walked myself into a love triangle and I'm about to rip myself apart emotionally I'm weak at this. And all this talk of cancer lately is starting to scare the crap out of me, feeling bumps and pains on my back and have no idea if I'm over reacting or should go to the doctor. Don't think I can handle putting myself into a state thinking about death. Bad enough people keep talking about making a will. I'm too young to be wishing my future away Id like to live for good while I'm scared of death life just suddenly gone? "Just going to sleep" eh fk off please :(

If it's a serious concern then go to the doctor; no point putting it off for ages, you'll only worry yourself into a worse state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I'm so broke. I just had a bowl of microwave popcorn and a chewing gum for breakfast...

*continues job hunt*

EDIT: To be fair it's my own fault for being ****e at managing my money, but I currently have none and that's what matters right now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I've had far far more caffeine than I ever should have had and now I'm more hyper than a box of rabid squirrels also I forgot how to use commas

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ah procrastination, it's been a while since we hung out! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement