Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Colm! wrote: »
    ^not working. ní maith liom é.

En francais?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

DoBhrionn wrote: »
    Conor108 wrote: »
    Ugh facebook you've gone too far this time. A new disaster of a layout to learn.

#FirstWorldProblem

If you think about it, after a week (or two) you'll be using it as normal, without complaints :P

Until they change it again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Off to Google + id say....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So between the four 9am starts I have, the 9am-2pm straight run of lectures I have on a Friday, the mountain of work piling up on my desk that I can't seem to make any headway into, virtually having no social life for the past three weeks, losing my phone on my first night back in Limerick followed by lectures from all my family about how generally I'm a bit of an idiot, the gutwrenching fear that I'm falling desperately far behind in every single one of my modules and other minor gripes, I think it's safe to say second year in UL has got off to a pretty ****ty start.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So between the four 9am starts I have, the 9am-2pm straight run of lectures I have on a Friday, the mountain of work piling up on my desk that I can't seem to make any headway into, virtually having no social life for the past three weeks, losing my phone on my first night back in Limerick followed by lectures from all my family about how generally I'm a bit of an idiot, the gutwrenching fear that I'm falling desperately far behind in every single one of my modules and other minor gripes, I think it's safe to say second year in UL has got off to a pretty ****ty start.. :(

I just started 3rd year in ul, i know hoe youre feeling. The whole no midterm.really is a balls. Itd let ya have a bit of breathing room like!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

My gift horse has bad teeth.

:mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I just started 3rd year in ul, i know hoe youre feeling. The whole no midterm.really is a balls. Itd let ya have a bit of breathing room like!!

I'd settle for a day off at this stage.... it's already getting to the stage where it's a struggle to actually motivate myself to walk to lectures in the morning now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

DoBhrionn wrote: »
    If you think about it, after a week (or two) you'll be using it as normal, without complaints :P

Speak for yourself, I'm trying to move everyone to http://plus.google.com :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Brain is rather fried after taking a driving lesson in the city for the first time, such a hectic place. The instructor is nothing like my instructor back home (who oozes patience); he barked at me the whole time and caused one slightly awkward moment when he said "I like you" instead of "I like your road position". Besides his tenacity and that odd remark he taught well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm getting a cold, blehhhh.

I also forgot to pay the student levy giro yoke and I'm registering tomorrow... oops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Ermmm, there's no way of logging out of facebook now? Lawds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Namlub wrote: »

Click the arrow beside Home...:)

Namlub wrote: »

There is, the down arrow by "Home" top left.

If your talking about chat, little button on top left of the chat window.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Never buying a fúcking Windows computer again. Started UKCAT practice stuff at 8PM, still can't get it to run at 9:48PM. What a massive waste of time, must mean I'm a PC. For some reason the "Run as Administrator" box is dulled out, even though I AM a fúcking administrator. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :mad:

EDIT: Fixed it, at LAST! I went and uninstalled all the previous UKCAT practice test shiz on my computer (including the Pearson VUE one I had downloaded) using the uninstall wizard in the control panel, and simply reinstalled it, and magically it the "Run as Administrator" box was undulled when I clicked on "Properties" and "Compatibility" - in case someone stumbles across this on a Google search! Unfortunately it's now too late to do a bloody practice test. Productive time wasted - a Window's story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

M wrist is killing me and I don't know why, but it happens every so often.
    Me no likey sore wrists. :(

Me also no likey tomorrow's maths test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

jumpguy wrote: »
    Never buying a fúcking Windows computer again.

Good luck with self building a laptop :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Uh, mac?

MacBook, possibly refurbished I'm thinking, or if that's outside my budget (which it probably will be), Linux next methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Uh, mac?
    MacBook, possibly refurbished I'm thinking, or if that's outside my budget (which it probably will be), Linux next methinks.

With the amount of carp my Acer is putting me through, i would honestly think a Mac will be my next. Problem free little machines, only fault is DAT PRICE.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

So much homework that I don't have time to study.
    And my laptop now takes 25 minutes just to turn on. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Bahahaha. I doubt you'll be able to run any build of Linux without encountering hundreds more problems than with windows.
    And a mac? Good luck with compatibility, you'll surely need it. Don't even worry about being done in the arse on ripoff overpricing on programs.

While Macs are great if you don't do anything other than surf the internet, and Linux is great if you enjoy tinfoil hats, I have to say that windows tops them all in versatility and value, XP in particular.

How do I know? Tri booting hackintosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I am appalled that the free service I am in no way obligated to use keeps making changes that mildly inconvenience me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Uh, mac?
    hur dur for me :L I blame school for melting ma brane
    Bahahaha. I doubt you'll be able to run any build of Linux without encountering hundreds more problems than with windows.
    And a mac? Good luck with compatibility, you'll surely need it. Don't even worry about being done in the arse on ripoff overpricing on programs.

While Macs are great if you don't do anything other than surf the internet, and Linux is great if you enjoy tinfoil hats, I have to say that windows tops them all in versatility and value, XP in particular.

How do I know? Tri booting hackintosh.
    Hundreds more problems?
    Windows topping other OSs in versatility, and value???
    And XP being the best representative of this?

Really???

Lawliet wrote: »
    I am appalled that the free service I am in no way obligated to use keeps making changes that mildly inconvenience me.
    In fairness, as a business, I've no idea what they're doing. Everybody hates change, and they decide to make these changes, which aren't necessary, right around when Google+ is receiving a lot of publicity due to it's release? Mad, although it'd be good to see some competition between social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Urgh,fresher's flu has struck again and I haven't set foot into the fresher's tent yet :/ stupid college immune system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Why must I get a burst of energy at half eleven at night? I've just ironed my bed clothes, dressed my bed, put away some clothes... Now I'm about to go do some washing up, clean the kitchen, come back and tidy my room some more..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Somehow sent a PM to myself, tiredness is consuming me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

My right leg has into an extremely itchy rash for unknown reasons. MUST NOT SCRATCH! FAILING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I'd settle for a day off at this stage.... it's already getting to the stage where it's a struggle to actually motivate myself to walk to lectures in the morning now.

I know that feeling. It took up a whole lot of the first semester last year for me. Try not to feel pressured to HAVE to study every single day. If you can manage it at all, take a day off, do the stuff that you think you shouldn't be doing instead of study, and know that its ok, because the next day you're going to get X and Y done. Start small, tackle one module, and hopefully the sense of achievement will be some motivation to do some more :)

I managed to drag myself through the first semester, and found that settling down a bit earlier in the second semester made things much easier throughout. Sometimes the first semester can be heavy going so you're introduced straight away to what's expected of you.

And remember, its only September! I'm sure you're not the only one in your situation, theres a lot of time to make up for things before Christmas exams!

• Advertisement

Linux is for homeless people. :pac:
    Windows has it's problems, but it's by far the best OS on the market. If worst came to worst, you could get a Windows XP laptop, XP was probably the best version they've made and should be cheap enough now that Windows 8 is in the pipeline.
    So much homework that I don't have time to study.
    And my laptop now takes 25 minutes just to turn on. :(

Do a virus scan ASAP, uninstall some of the programs you don't use, do a disk defragmentation(Accessories, System Tools), check your temporary internet files folder which can get seriously clogged up with crap if you don't clear it out from time to time. That should get the laptop working much faster.
    I know that feeling. It took up a whole lot of the first semester last year for me. Try not to feel pressured to HAVE to study every single day. If you can manage it at all, take a day off, do the stuff that you think you shouldn't be doing instead of study, and know that its ok, because the next day you're going to get X and Y done. Start small, tackle one module, and hopefully the sense of achievement will be some motivation to do some more :)

I managed to drag myself through the first semester, and found that settling down a bit earlier in the second semester made things much easier throughout. Sometimes the first semester can be heavy going so you're introduced straight away to what's expected of you.

And remember, its only September! I'm sure you're not the only one in your situation, theres a lot of time to make up for things before Christmas exams!

Thanks, I actually feel a little better. :) Managed to get up at 8am when I don't start till 1, so might make a bit of headway into the pile on my desk and head to the stables after lectures to celebrate the glorious man Arthur. :D

Lawliet wrote: »

Appropriate?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement