Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

jumpguy wrote: »
    Oh, oh, oh, we'll go out!

[2 hours later]

Naaaah, cba.

NOW I'VE NO EXCUSE TO NOT DO MY HOMEWORK, DAMN YOU FRIENDS! (Yes, going out counts as an excuse to not homework.)

I'm in the same boat, was literally walking out the door to get a text saying people cba!

Guess its a night of Facebook scrabble and Irish essays. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Apache Hostel is like €14, daycent enough from my one experience.

And where's that?? :/

Thanks btw!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Sleep on the streets...

Fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Alternate between the all-night McDonalds (tip: buy a tub of curly fries and nibble away at them for an hour and a half) and the train station (tip: bribe security with a curly fry).

That was a fun night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I missed the last train back to cork from dublin :(

Anyone know any decent and cheap hostels or B&Bs around dublin cc???

(Kinda my own fault for hopping on the wrong luas :p )

SIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Euuuugh double post.. Ok, my last post doesn't count as a post, it counts as a comment! :pac:

So, got in the car after getting the bus home from the airport and my brother was there. At 20 years of age it seems my brother is destined to be an ultimate díckhead for life. I'm not even here for a full 2 days, so much for a peaceful time with friends and family!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

I missed the last train back to cork from dublin :(

Anyone know any decent and cheap hostels or B&Bs around dublin cc???

(Kinda my own fault for hopping on the wrong luas :p )

Should of stalled to mine. I just got the Star Wars Blu-Ray set :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Just stood on a nail scissors that was facing upwards.. it could have been much worse I suppose.. but it hurts..so much :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

And where's that?? :/

Thanks btw!! :)

Aw Christ, I can't believe I forgot that detail. Sorry, I know you have a place to stay now, but if anybody else is stuck in Dublin and wants to know where it is, it's right beside the Apache Pizza on the corner between Dame Street and Eustace street. You get half price pizza when you stay there, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Got off work like an hour ago, can I go straight to bed? No. My dad is making me collect him from a 50th. I've been sitting outside the house for like 10 minutes and he still isn't here. Cheers for that like, I'm not tired at all. I really cannot stand the man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

UGH. €20 disappeared from my pocket on the way to the shop. Gah :(

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

In work the whole weekend and I've an english essay due tomorrow! HELP! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

DoBhrionn wrote: »
    In work the whole weekend and I've an english essay due tomorrow! HELP! :(

I'll do it. I love essays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

Ok, seriously, do you have to disagree with everything I say? It's really starting to piss me off, like big time. I had to stop myself from walloping you with my hairbrush this morning. Seriously come the fúck onto yourself and stop acting like you're bigger and better than everyone else.
    Oh and BTW? If I was your purse, I'd have tried to run away too......

EDIT: Oh and now you're all happy and nice to me cos you want to use my laptop? UGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

MarkD09 wrote: »
    I'll do it. I love essays :D
    It's on the poet Philip Larkin :P

DoBhrionn wrote: »
    It's on the poet Philip Larkin :P

Sher I'll do it on Seamus Heany and it'll be graaaand :)

Ok, seriously, do you have to disagree with everything I say? It's really starting to piss me off, like big time. I had to stop myself from walloping you with my hairbrush this morning. Seriously come the fúck onto yourself and stop acting like you're bigger and better than everyone else.
    Oh and BTW? If I was your purse, I'd have tried to run away too......

EDIT: Oh and now you're all happy and nice to me cos you want to use my laptop? UGH.

This one sentence is so full of win! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Right then, I've no idea if I'm coming or going with school, I've no idea whether getting a job and leaving the year to work is a good idea, certainly my father doesn't think so. Or if I'll even get a job. And what if I hate it? I'll have to endure for a year. And what if I don't get medicine next year?

Uncertainty ftl. Fml!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

The awkward moment when your shopping basket on Asos hits €500 and you have to get rid of ~€450 worth of stuff...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Why do drunk smelly old men sit next to me on the bus! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

M&S* wrote: »
    Why do drunk smelly old men sit next to me on the bus! :(
    Cause they believe theyre in with a chance? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

MarkD09 wrote: »
    This one sentence is so full of win! :pac:

And you have no idea how true it was :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I don't know how but my oven burns stuff on one side and not the other, And I don't mean top and bottom. The left half of my pizza is cooked and the right side is still not melted! Fun :pac:
    Elements gone on one side at a guess ...

Turn things round halfway through! :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

jumpguy wrote: »
    Right then, I've no idea if I'm coming or going with school, I've no idea whether getting a job and leaving the year to work is a good idea, certainly my father doesn't think so. Or if I'll even get a job. And what if I hate it? I'll have to endure for a year. And what if I don't get medicine next year?

Uncertainty ftl. Fml!

You're repeating at the moment, right?

If it were me (and I know it isn't, and I know you didn't ask for advice!) I'd just concentrate on repeating. I know medicine, like other courses, has other entry methods but they're quite long, and in many cases, quite expensive. A year repeating might seem a bit depressing, especially if your friends have gone to college and you are 'left behind' (for want of a better term), but all in all, it's just a year - MOST people who repeat are glad they did. A year in the grand scheme of things is not much if it means getting into the job you want!
    You had an excellent leaving cert, it's just a pity that medicine is the 'elite' and you missed the cut (but not by much, remember that - you are more than capable!).

So I'd say repeat, and put as much effort into it as you can. It's halfway through September, and by halfway through June you'll probably be finished - which is just 8 months of your whole life. Just concentrate on studying, don't worry about part time jobs for the moment, and don't do what I do and spend far too much time online!

Anyway, but ultimately the decision is yours! My brother missed out on primary school teaching, by about 65 points (he did a lot worse in the LC than he thought he would), and I think he made a huge mistake in not repeating. He's doing Arts/Humanities in St. Pat's and is hoping to do the HDip in Primary School teaching, but this means an extra 2 years, provided he can get into a very competitive H.Dip (it may easily mean going to the UK), as well as a lot of extra expense.

I think he probably thought the repeating doesn't guarantee you'll get enough points, and it's probably even more depressing having to stay in secondary school while your twin brother goes to college, but I still think it would have been worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Thanks Timbuk, that's made me feel a good bit better actually, just gotta remember it's nothing in the overall scheme of things. :) All advice with these things is appreciated of course. Some people raise eyebrows about my choice with regards to repeating - parents and teachers are divided on the best way forward for me!

You're right, I'll persevere and give this my best shot while I can - thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Oh god. I dunno if I'm cut out for all this college malark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Work uniform + college uniform + knives + rest of college stuff = back in bits

Owie. Work is not going to be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I am sooo tired :( I have no motivation to do my homework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I am sooo tired :( I have no motivation to do my homework.
    I planned to have a power nap until 7...I just woke up >_>

And I'm now talking about how I'm so punctual and always meet deadlines on my personal statement. My personal statement's overdue...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I haven't heard from a friend in a few days and I don't like it. Hope they're ok / not angry at me / trying to avoid me...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement