Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Had four bottles of cider 4/5 hours ago and Im now feeling utterly crap.Well this is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

Cannot stop sneezing. Sweet love of divine. 20 minutes of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

My sister, her husband and their 2 year old daughter should be arriving here from england in the next hour. They're coming over for our cousins wedding next week s they'll be herr for about a week and a half. Let the madness begin............ unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Mam bought me an M&S cookie yesterday, I was saving it for lunch today. Woke up and my sister took it to work. Bítch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

marko93 wrote: »
    Mam bought me an M&S cookie yesterday, I was saving it for lunch today. Woke up and my sister took it to work. Bítch.

I normally don't advocate manslaughter, but if you were to take that route, not even the judge could say you're wrong.

• Advertisement

I normally don't advocate manslaughter, but if you were to take that route, not even the judge could say you're wrong.

I actually rang her to give out and she said sorry, that she'd bring me home a few.

Manslaughter case avoided :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Everyone's moving into their new houses for college and making new friends while I'm stuck with the unending torture of traveling into college every day. Kinda irritates me when friends complain about having to go home for the summer or Christmas when I'm thinking 'I have to do that every day!':o :( Second year is going to be a long one me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

My mam's decided to have all my cousins up to stay the weekend after Freshers Week. And apparently we're all going out for dinner the Friday night.

The Friday night of Freshers Week.
    I'm gonna have to be home by like seven.
    DURING FRESHERS WEEK.
    ON THE FRIDAY.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

My mam's decided to have all my cousins up to stay the weekend after Freshers Week. And apparently we're all going out for dinner the Friday night.

DURING FRESHERS WEEK.
    ON THE FRIDAY.

So? Freshers week isn't that great. I was vastly underwhelmed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

DURING FRESHERS WEEK.
    ON THE FRIDAY.

I assume your argh with this the hangover on Friday, since nothing really happens on the Friday of FW bar a lot of people waking up and going "Ah.... my fooking head. :( But wooo! Colllege!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

A lot of people from the country go home on Friday evening, especially first years, Thursday is Friday for student!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Speaking of fresher's week, unless I find a doppelganger I'll be on boards for its entirety. :) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

My parents just need to stop talking to me about college. My mum keeps going on about how many people are going to know each other already, and every so often my dad will interject with ramblings about the Church of Ireland. I do not need this right now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Speaking of fresher's week, unless I find a doppelganger I'll be on boards for its entirety. :) :rolleyes:

No ID?

I had none during Fresher's Week either, even though I was 18. Most places in Limerick just said "Meh, gwan." when I showed them the Student Card, and I looked (and still do) like a child.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Yeahhhhhh I was thinking they might just take my student card but it's really strict in general here (Dublin). :/ And nope, no ID, my friend's looked like me but didn't work so :rolleyes:

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Yeahhhhhh I was thinking they might just take my student card but it's really strict in general here (Dublin). :/ And nope, no ID, my friend's looked like me but didn't work so :rolleyes:

I went out to Alchemy last night and then up to the Living Room. In both cases, the bouncers looked at me when I showed them my I.D as if to say, what the fúck do you want us to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Nearly got stranded in Portloaise for the night, i hate you X8 bus.

Thanks guys, this is very reassuring. I'm still used to my little rural time where everything is a lead-up to Friday night. That's graaaaaand so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Nearly got stranded in Portloaise for the night, i hate you X8 bus.
    I can't think of anything worse that could happen, Portlaoise is dire.

Palytoxin wrote: »
    I can't think of anything worse that could happen, Portlaoise is dire.

I've only stood at the bus stop and went into Supermacs and subway every so often but from what little i've seen, i wouldn't want to spend too much time there.

Bus is going to be over an hour late, I've to get home study and do home work and shower fhusdjakld

• Advertisement

3rd night in a row feeling like death. Frank McCourt was right about this f*cking city. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I've only stood at the bus stop and went into Supermacs and subway every so often but from what little i've seen, i wouldn't want to spend too much time there.

Bus is going to be over an hour late, I've to get home study and do home work and shower fhusdjakld
    I live about 10 minutes from Portlaoise and avoid it as much as possible, the whole place is a bit depressing, but it's not the worst town in the midlands, not by a long shot. They're all sort of the same shtyle though really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Namlub wrote: »
    My parents just need to stop talking to me about college. My mum keeps going on about how many people are going to know each other already, and every so often my dad will interject with ramblings about the Church of Ireland. I do not need this right now.

You're going to Trinity, right? :)

Firstly, don't worry about what your mum says - I knew nobody in my course, and pretty much everyone else was in the same boat. TBH, most of us knew few to no people in the entire university. Just make sure to get chatting to your classmates and you'll be grand. Getting involved in the SU/a society/a club never does any harm either.

I also had my sister ranting at me about going to an "English" college... She's a massive nationalist so, erm.. yeah.. :P

And if you're ever stuck for company around college, I live on campus and we can go for teeeeeea! Lawliet is also in Trinity and I'm sure she would also be up for this. Actually, while I'm in that train of thought - come to TCD beers! That's how I met Lawliet a couple of years ago and we ended up living together last year, so it's clearly a good way to make new friends!

Best of luck with college anyway, also do come and say hi at the mathsoc/physoc stand. :D I'll be the short girl with short hair! :pac:

I'm going to Trinity too and I know basically nobody. As far as I know there's only one other person going from my school (or if there are others they're people I literally never speak to, since otherwise I'd have heard) and I know a couple of boardsies that I've never met in real life and that's it. So we're all in the same boat :o

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Like the others have said, disregard what people are saying about Pharmacy being really difficult. They haven't a clue. Loads of people say that Arts is piss, how wrong they are.:rolleyes: The points for Pharmacy are extortionate, and you have achieved them after an amazing amount of work in the last year. You will be well able for it, and everyone will be in the same boat!!

What those friends of yours did to you was really crappy tbh. I'd be forgetting them very quickly and making new ones. My old friends from school all changed, were awful to me on very subtle levels and it took me ages to catch on. I was gladly rid of them when I realised that I wasn't being paranoid about how I was being treated. Treat this like a completely new, clean slate in your life. Start from scratch and get to know the others in your class. You'll be pleasantly surprised, and will feel so much better!:)

I don't really know what to say to you about your boyfriend other than ask why all of a sudden he feels trapped. Talk it out, I know I'd be really hurt if my boyfriend said something like that to me. Get it all out in the open.

Edit: Only saw your reply to the others after I submitted my reply, glad you're feeling better! :)

Yet again, thanks for taking the time to reply to me :) I really do appreciate it:)

I'm not liking the negativity that people are giving off to me about Pharmacy. I want to do it, it's my own choice, shag off :p I'm glad that you know how I'm feeling. P.s, Arts has always seemed hard to. The different subjects seem difficult to manage- it's not something that I'd like to do myself so fair play to you. :D

As regards les amies, I don't know why I bother with some of the girls I'm friends with. They just make me feel insecure and selfconscious about myself. Tbh, I cannot wait to make new friends. Out with the old and in with the new :D Some of my newer friends are the ones that I like more so prehaps this is a trend I should think about.

My boyfriend is just tired of my sadness and I think he just doesn't want to have to think about me for a while. It hurts a lil but I can see why he feels that way. We talked about it so it's cool now.

Yet again, thank you <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

and every so often my dad will interject with ramblings about the Church of Ireland.

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Aoibheann wrote: »
    You're going to Trinity, right? :)

Firstly, don't worry about what your mum says - I knew nobody in my course, and pretty much everyone else was in the same boat. TBH, most of us knew few to no people in the entire university. Just make sure to get chatting to your classmates and you'll be grand. Getting involved in the SU/a society/a club never does any harm either.

I also had my sister ranting at me about going to an "English" college... She's a massive nationalist so, erm.. yeah.. :P

And if you're ever stuck for company around college, I live on campus and we can go for teeeeeea! Lawliet is also in Trinity and I'm sure she would also be up for this. Actually, while I'm in that train of thought - come to TCD beers! That's how I met Lawliet a couple of years ago and we ended up living together last year, so it's clearly a good way to make new friends!

Best of luck with college anyway, also do come and say hi at the mathsoc/physoc stand. :D I'll be the short girl with short hair! :pac:
    Yep, and this has made me feel so much better.Thanks so much <3
    I mean I've tried to explain to them that it's not going to be one massive group of people who all know each other, then me sitting in a corner on my own but they have certain ideas about Trinity so hey ho.
    And yeees this must be done! Just noticed the thread for beers actually :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I'm going to Trinity too and I know basically nobody. As far as I know there's only one other person going from my school (or if there are others they're people I literally never speak to, since otherwise I'd have heard) and I know a couple of boardsies that I've never met in real life and that's it. So we're all in the same boat :o

Also going to Trinity and I'm the same :) I know one girl in my course and a couple of other people doing other courses, but I don't really get on with them so I basically know no-one :o So yeah, it's definitely not a case that everyone will know everyone else. Even if it was, it was like that when I went into secondary school, everyone had come from a primary school across the road and I was an outsider, but I got on fine! And college is bound to be better than a bunch of 12 year old 1st year girls! :D

And RE the Church of Ireland thing, my sister got the same from my granny when she started in Trinity. My granny used to give out stink if my sister didn't have holy days off, always going on about the Protestants and whatnot :pac: It's best to just see the funny side :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I swear, there's nothing more awkward than when someone comes up to you saying 'hey soccy. Havent seen you in ages' and you actually have no idea who they are whatsoever. This happened to me 3 times tonight :( and i was like 'oh hey.......' i also had to mind my really really really drunken friend. It's really weird being on the 'minding side' for once. Hopefully he doesn't remember buying me 2 shots and a garlic chip tomorrow :p

• Advertisement

Set alarm for half 4 to wake and study for 3 exams i have. It didn't go off, it's half 7 and I'm screwed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement