Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Was buying ed Sheeran tickets this morning and was on the page where you confirm before putting in the card details, and it won't confirm, one minute on the timer, DIDN'T WORK!

Lost the tickets and there was none left when I checked again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Feeling crappy from a cold and having a really bad day. Feel like I've let someone down and they'll never really like me as much as they did before :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Vodafone are sending me "Thanks for topping up" texts every couple of days, which means for a few minutes I'm like "N'awww, someone loves me enough to send me credit, how nice :)" until the utter devastation when I realise that Vodafone are just liars :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Vodafone are sending me "Thanks for topping up" texts every couple of days, which means for a few minutes I'm like "N'awww, someone loves me enough to send me credit, how nice :)" until the utter devastation when I realise that Vodafone are just liars :(

oh, so this is something that's happening to everyone? Vodafone have been too weird as of late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Dear Mister Job Peoples,

You could at least reply and say you aint interested instead of me emailing you a gazillion times and getting no reply. An automatic email wouldn't kill ye like. Also, stop looking for 3000 years of experience, so many of us don't have it, so give us a shot and let us get it so we can get better, learn and then work our way up! I don't have family connections, all I have is myself and myself alone. So, someone, take pity on me, give me an interview and I'll show you I can be damn good!

Regards,

IHC.

It's kinda of a letter/rant :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Ever since I finished my repeat exams I tried to keep myself occupied by going the gym, looking for a job etc. Now that I am getting my results this Tuesday I am starting to freak out...I know I did worse this time around compared to the summer exams, too much of a realist :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Eathrin wrote: »
    You've reminded me of this guy from the Simpsons Movie.
    Robot.png

Not as funny as that. Screen won't switch on is all :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

And to top off a shit day the friends I was suppose to be meeting up with for drinks have forgotten about me. I sort of hate everyone right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

I feel so alone this evening for some reason. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So uncomfortably warm, it's given me a splitting headache and I still have to unpack a load of crap and enter into the eternal struggle that is Man Vs. Duvet.

not happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Being back home for the weekend after a couple of days as a college student is weird.

Bad weird.

Bleugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'm so exhausted and I can't sleep because I haven't slept before 4 in days :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

+1 on it being too warm and early to sleep.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Lost my UCD student card:mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Eathrin wrote: »
    Lost my UCD student card:mad::(

After.. two days? Good god, that's a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

I really wish I could find my student card from last year, I don't get my new one til the 27th or some **** and it'd be handy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

There is nothing more frustrating than when you do a rough sketch that is accidentely better than every real version you try to do afterwards. Oy vey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

After.. two days? Good god, that's a record.

:(
    I know it.
    Ruined a good night the next morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

anirishlad wrote: »
    Got braces today :( They feel so weird and are like rubbing up against my lip :L 2 years of this.

We'll have braces in college. Wahh.

Also my mouth is fairly cut up after 2 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

edit: doesnt matter :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Seriously...

The whole "We'll get good weather when the kids go back to school." thing is so cliched, you'd think God would come up with something new after all these years...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

PACKING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Ugh I'm crap and awkward and stupid... Like, watching the paralympics has probably made me more comfortable with talking about disabilities and they've normalised disabilities a bit. I mean, obviously it should always be like that, but they've always been something I was told not to stare at and all that, which is the opposite of what should really happen... But anyway today I was going through an entrance at the same time as some dude who was using wheelchair and there was a big trolley thing in the way which I should have moved but instead I got flustered about whether he'd rather be independent and whether he'd be able to move it himself and stuff so I just walked past as though I didn't realise... Like there were people inside who seemed to wave to him just as we were going through so I told myself they'd give him a hand anyway... But ugh! Why was it such a big deal... Maybe I'm not as comfortable (?) about it as I thought. Stupid...

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Feeling terribly lonely tonight. Oy.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I spent the majority of today crying which was 'awesome'. I'm terrified about starting college for various reasons: poeple keep telling me how difficult Pharmacy is, my friends who told me that they wanted to live alone (i.e. not with me) to 'grow' are actually living together, my boyfriend of three years is feeling trapped and wants a break/free pass for the first week:( I literally don't feel like I can talk to anybody. And the one person I could talk to, I can't due to fecking cutbacks. Come back Jigsaw <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I spent the majority of today crying which was 'awesome'. I'm terrified about starting college for various reasons: poeple keep telling me how difficult Pharmacy is, my friends who told me that they wanted to live alone (i.e. not with me) to 'grow' are actually living together, my boyfriend of three years is feeling trapped and wants a break/free pass for the first week:( I literally don't feel like I can talk to anybody. And the one person I could talk to, I can't due to fecking cutbacks. Come back Jigsaw <3

But you're about to start college and that's going to be awesome. :) Don't listen to people telling you how hard the course is gonna be, everyone's different and it doesn't matter a damn if you like what you're doing, not to mention that even if it is terribly hard you will be around many people who are in the exact same boat! Don't even care about the friends, that sounds like a really shitty thing to do but tbh, you're going to have this new fresh start away from that and I personally think that sounds way more exciting. Look forward to the new, bright future. :D And you can talk to us! Everything will be OK. :)

I don't like seeing people be upset...:o

Been feeling like utter sh*te the past two days. And for some reason I don't know which I'd prefer - my housemates to hurry up and get here so I have someone to talk to (literally haven't said a single word out loud today), or for them never to come so I could continue this peaceful solitude - it kind of freaks me out that I don't know which of these two vastly differing alternatives is more enticing.

Add on to that the fact that the people in my department who's job it is to know this stuff can't give me a concrete answer as to what happens if I have failed these repeats, preferring instead to say "Well... we think you can do this, but we're not sure, so let's just wait until you get the results.". How about "No."? How about tell me whether I'm going to be in college next week or packing up all my crap for another four months living at home to save money?

Couple all that with a complete lack of energy for the past 36 hours as well as on and off headaches, and I'm not exactly happy.

But hopefully this is just the low before the dizzying high... hopefully...

/rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Seriously, don't listen to people like that!! I'm sure you'll be more than capable for pharmacy, some people just love to put others down when they succeed I've found in lots of cases. As for your friends, if they behave like that I'm sure you're better off without them, for all you know your new roommates could be way nicer and better craic than living with friends!

I'm just a PM away if you ever want to talk, especially as we'll be UCC buddies together in a few weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Slow Show wrote: »
    But you're about to start college and that's going to be awesome. :) Don't listen to people telling you how hard the course is gonna be, everyone's different and it doesn't matter a damn if you like what you're doing, not to mention that even if it is terribly hard you will be around many people who are in the exact same boat! Don't even care about the friends, that sounds like a really shitty thing to do but tbh, you're going to have this new fresh start away from that and I personally think that sounds way more exciting. Look forward to the new, bright future. :D And you can talk to us! Everything will be OK. :)

I don't like seeing people be upset...:o

Thanks very much :) I genuinely was't expecting a reply. I just felt like ranting and no-one I know is on Boards. It's my haven :D Thanks for beign so reassuring. I just have had a crap few years and tend to take too much notice of the bitches in my life. I know deep down that it'll all be fine but it's still scary :L Slow Slow, you are a legend <3
    Ally7 wrote: »
    Seriously, don't listen to people like that!! I'm sure you'll be more than capable for pharmacy, some people just love to put others down when they succeed I've found in lots of cases. As for your friends, if they behave like that I'm sure you're better off without them, for all you know your new roommates could be way nicer and better craic than living with friends!

I'm just a PM away if you ever want to talk, especially as we'll be UCC buddies together in a few weeks :D

Ally7, thank you too :) I do appreciate what you've said:) If only people were this nice in RL, the world would be a fantabulous place:p I'm really looking forward to Pharmacy. Future drug dealer right here y'all. Also, I like that you are a UCCer. I may see you in the next few weeks.

Realisation of the night: Boards is the best :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Like the others have said, disregard what people are saying about Pharmacy being really difficult. They haven't a clue. Loads of people say that Arts is piss, how wrong they are.:rolleyes: The points for Pharmacy are extortionate, and you have achieved them after an amazing amount of work in the last year. You will be well able for it, and everyone will be in the same boat!!

What those friends of yours did to you was really crappy tbh. I'd be forgetting them very quickly and making new ones. My old friends from school all changed, were awful to me on very subtle levels and it took me ages to catch on. I was gladly rid of them when I realised that I wasn't being paranoid about how I was being treated. Treat this like a completely new, clean slate in your life. Start from scratch and get to know the others in your class. You'll be pleasantly surprised, and will feel so much better!:)

I don't really know what to say to you about your boyfriend other than ask why all of a sudden he feels trapped. Talk it out, I know I'd be really hurt if my boyfriend said something like that to me. Get it all out in the open.

Edit: Only saw your reply to the others after I submitted my reply, glad you're feeling better! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement