Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm really, really bored. Also in a bit of regret over the fact I procrastinated on getting my full license pretty much all summer. The provisional (or learner permit as every bureaucrat seems really eager to call it now) will expire soon and although I could just reapply for a new one I'd like to get this full license craic over and done with.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Why will nowhere hire me. This is the 30th CV I've sent out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Why will nowhere hire me. This is the 30th CV I've sent out this week.

This. I've been trying to get a job all summer. I've watched people around me pick up jobs and I just seem to be unemployable to the world :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

jumpguy wrote: »
    I'm really, really bored.

+1
    Also in a bit of regret over the fact I procrastinated on getting my full license pretty much all summer.

+1
    The provisional (or learner permit as every bureaucrat seems really eager to call it now) will expire soon and although I could just reapply for a new one I'd like to get this full license craic over and done with.

Just renewed mine, crappy photo and all.
    Luno wrote: »
    This. I've been trying to get a job all summer. I've watched people around me pick up jobs and I just seem to be unemployable to the world :(

+1
    How do they do it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

+1
    How do they do it?!

They know somebody in that shop/place. Only way my friends have got jobs this summer. And its the only way I've heard of other people getting jobs this summer too :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

+1
    How do they do it?!

Pure luck I'd say! That's how I came by my job, couldn't believe I'd managed to get an interview for the temp job last Christmas...even more unbelievable that they decided to keep me on after!

I was looking for 2 years, no contacts at all, no experience, persevere and hopefully it'll work out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

+1
    How do they do it?!

They know people. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

When it comes to getting a job, nepotism is king.

On an unrelated note,
    The fuppin' baxtards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Both myself and a friend were in the same position at the start of the summer; jobless and no experience. I spent the last few months volunteering in a charity shop and at festivals and conventions to build up my CV, and I kept applying for jobs the whole time. She applied for jobs at the start of the summer and then gave up and did nothing...until she got called for an interview a few weeks ago and now she has a paying job. I really don't understand the job market...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

+1

+1
    How do they do it?!

OMG I just got an interview! :o But I was asleep and it woke me up and I'm not sure what it's for :eek:
    EDIT: This is really bad I've a general area of where to go would it be bad to text the person who rang me and ask for the address to avoid confusion? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

EDIT: This is really bad I've a general area of where to go would it be bad to text the person who rang me and ask for the address to avoid confusion? :(
    Nah, ask, it'd be waaaay worse if you get lost and miss the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

OMG I just got an interview! :o But I was asleep and it woke me up and I'm not sure what it's for :eek:

Yeah just text or call them saying you want to confirm the address. Confirm is a nice confidant, professional sounding word to use in these situations...beats saying "I was too sleepy to concentrate on what you were saying" :P

I'm so angry with my college. They've put an extra 114 euro on my registration fee for graduation even though I'm not in final year. I thought it was a mistake but it's been confirmed by the college. As well as paying my registration fee my parents had given me a bit of extra money, to buy some new clothes and shoes for autumn since everything I own is falling apart. I'm not going to be able to afford that now.
    Fuck Trinity. There's absolutely no reason for them to be charging us this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

One day of summer left. The last few weeks have dragged by slower than a month of Sundays. Just lemme at the L.C. already!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Besides EVERYTHING to do with UCD being horribly confusing, their website says if you got 540 points you're an entrance scholar.
    I got 530.
    I got 3 A2's in my usual best subjects. That was bad enough but if any one bad been an A1 I'd have those points.
    Omg.
    I am so pissed right now.
    I don't think it's anything huge or fancy but like French is my favourite thing ever and I went from an A1 in the mocks to an A2 in the real thing and the negative effects just keeeeeeep coming, ffs. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Besides EVERYTHING to do with UCD being horribly confusing, their website says if you got 540 points you're an entrance scholar.
    I got 530.
    I got 3 A2's in my usual best subjects. That was bad enough but if any one bad been an A1 I'd have those points.
    Omg.
    I am so pissed right now.
    I don't think it's anything huge or fancy but like French is my favourite thing ever and I went from an A1 in the mocks to an A2 in the real thing and the negative effects just keeeeeeep coming, ffs. :(

Out of curiosity, what does being an "entrance scholar" get you?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what does being an "entrance scholar" get you?
    I think it's just a certificate (I mixed it up with something better that's been 530 for my course for the last few years and got really sad :pac:), so it's not a big deal, it's just really annoying knowing that I'd have gotten it if any one of my 3 A2 subjects just went up one grade, or if I went up one grade in maths and business, so many variables and they all fell the wrong way. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Slow Show wrote: »
    Grand, do my leaving cert for me. :pac:
    Ah here now, I'm barely able to do my JC this year :P :P Hey! I just realised you're not modding the JC forum this year! How comes? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Ah here now, I'm barely able to do my JC this year :P :P Hey! I just realised you're not modding the JC forum this year! How comes? :(
    Man I'm getting old...

Trinity give you a 300 euro book voucher for getting over 560 so if it's the same this year I'll be living the dream of being able to afford like two college books...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I think it's just a certificate (I mixed it up with something better that's been 530 for my course for the last few years and got really sad :pac:), so it's not a big deal, it's just really annoying knowing that I'd have gotten it if any one of my 3 A2 subjects just went up one grade, or if I went up one grade in maths and business, so many variables and they all fell the wrong way. :rolleyes:

Here ya go!

218860.JPG

• Advertisement

Hahahahahha I LOVE IT :D
    That just cheered me up :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Here ya go!
    <certificate>
    How did you get Acting Head of the Procrastination Dept tough?

Is Eathrin on leave? :pac:

The CEO felt Eathrin was getting stressed, so he ordered him to take a few days off to go on a holiday and do some paperwork up in the accounting department.

I stepped up to take over the hard job of finding funny cat videos to send in chain emails to the office, and designing a lego spoon for the canteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Stapled my finger today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I am emperor of the Procrastination Dept.
    Though signing certificates may be part of my job description....meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

It's my second last day of working as an au pair this summer, so I foolishly went out last night and had a couple drinks, because for the last few weeks the kids have been sleeping in a little later so I thought I'd get away with it.

7am, was woken by a child covered literally head to toe in blood. Nosebleed was not my first sleepy hungover instinct. I've seen a lot of horror movies...
    So it's been a good start to the day. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Here ya go!

Jesus christ, the signature on it reduced me to tears of laughter.

Just keep looking at it and laughing all over again.

Lawliet wrote: »
    Fuck Trinity. There's absolutely no reason for them to be charging us this now.
    In the spirit of this, I've decided to drag my heels and refuse to pay the fee for as long as possible. Maybe if I manage to get a part time job this year I'll pay it off, but otherwise they can bloody sing for it...

marko93 wrote: »

Hey, my signature is messy enough when I use a pen, not to mind using a fooking mouse! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

marko93 wrote: »

My fatal mistake was looking at it while in the queue for the bus. I then tried to make it sound like a cough (which made me sound like I was choking on my tongue), and then people looked at me, and I really hate being looked at.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement