Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

This is bullshit. :mad: Someone changed all the names on my phone contact list - so now I have, amongst others, the numbers of Barack Obama, justin bieber, derek mooney, kurt cobain, MORGAN FREEMAN, ATTACK!!!!!, bonjour!, cedric diggory, dumbledore, hey arnold!, lidl, ron weasley, yoko ono, Miley Cyrus, and three lads called jesus. Besides three or four people I've no idea who owns what number. The culprit has barricaded themselves into their room, probably wise.

I cant express how funny I find this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

Having no money and not being able to do anything on the last weekend before school is so depressing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

This is bullsh[SIZE="2"]i[/SIZE]t. :mad: Someone changed all the names on my phone contact list - so now I have, amongst others, the numbers of Barack Obama, justin bieber, derek mooney, kurt cobain, MORGAN FREEMAN, ATTACK!!!!!, bonjour!, cedric diggory, dumbledore, hey arnold!, lidl, ron weasley, yoko ono, Miley Cyrus, and three lads called jesus. Besides three or four people I've no idea who owns what number. The culprit has barricaded themselves into their room, probably wise.

I did that to one of my friends before with all the harry potter characters. Needless to say when she got a text from voldemort she got a bit freaked out. I don't know if she ever figured out who everyone was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

This is bullshit. :mad: Someone changed all the names on my phone contact list - so now I have, amongst others, the numbers of Barack Obama, justin bieber, derek mooney, kurt cobain, MORGAN FREEMAN, ATTACK!!!!!, bonjour!, cedric diggory, dumbledore, hey arnold!, lidl, ron weasley, yoko ono, Miley Cyrus, and three lads called jesus. Besides three or four people I've no idea who owns what number. The culprit has barricaded themselves into their room, probably wise.

Well at least you know now this will be happening to many more people thanks to this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

You're all awful people.

Though I'm just píssed off that this devious deed apparently took place right beside me on the sofa. The person's toenail had just fallen off so perhaps I was distracted by the need not to look in that direction. Such japery should NOT happen when your toe is gushing out blood ffs!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Maybe he needed a distraction from the fact that his toe was gushing blood? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Why do I wear heels when I know my feet will be killing me at the end of the night. I'm sticking to boots again I'd rather comfort then to wear heels and not being able to walk properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Not feeling great today, like I'm having a meh why bother feeling.

I don't even have anyone I can talk to about anything :(

Life, why you so confusing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Oh god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Nice managers last day today :(:(.I am fooked from now on

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just when I start to think about giving Three some props for the fairly decent internet over the past week or so, today rolls around and it refuses to work at all. Close to hopping this ****ing modem out the nearest window.

And boards sucks on my phone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I really hate parents who push their kids into courses they're not interested in. I was working with this girl today who's starting science soon and the thing about the course that got her most excited was the fact she could take a language as well. I think she would have enjoyed studying a language and another arts subject, but she said her parents were dead against her doing an arts degree and would have refused to fund her. She said she originally wanted to do medicine, but I suspect her parents were pushing her towards that as she didn't seem too interested and admitted that she hated hospitals.

Seems fairly obvious that she doesn't care about science, she more than likely going to hate the course and probably any job related to it, so what an earth is the point in pushing it on her? So glad my parents let myself and my brothers do whatever we wanted after school, regardless of job prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AvAv

In fact family, I do know how inadequate I am. Thanks for reminding me.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Just when I start to think about giving Three some props for the fairly decent internet over the past week or so, today rolls around and it refuses to work at all. Close to hopping this ****ing modem out the nearest window.

And boards sucks on my phone :mad:

Three are not my friends! We had their modem, last two bills were over 200 euro with terrible connection. We now got new broadband but are stuck in the 18 month contract so paying for both but its worth our while for better broadband and not paying over 200 on every bill.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Three are not my friends! We had their modem, last two bills were over 200 euro with terrible connection. We now got new broadband but are stuck in the 18 month contract so paying for both but its worth our while for better broadband and not paying over 200 on every bill.

The unfortunate thing is, they're the only company that provide any way decent speeds to this area, so we're stuck with them.

It's wrecking my head, because it's working on this PC, and works when I connect my phone to it by WiFi, but it refuses to work with my laptop. Haven't changed any settings since last night when it was working better than ever.

Tried reinstalling all the drivers, nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

why the hell did you not ask them to lock the usage to prevent it going over? That seems like your own fault more than anyones

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Got absolutely smashed in a soccer match earlier, now I can't turn my head to the right. Owwww

why the hell did you not ask them to lock the usage to prevent it going over? That seems like your own fault more than anyones

Meh, don't know anything like that and what would happen if they locked the usage? Wouldn't be able to use it once it reached the limit? It really wasn't worth the hassle for crap broadband anyway.

Meh, don't know anything like that and what would happen if they locked the usage? Wouldn't be able to use it once it reached the limit? It really wasn't worth the hassle for crap broadband anyway.

you literally only went over by less than half a gig if it cost you €200, so you wouldn't have missed it for the money. You could have topped up another simcard by €20 to avail of the free internet for the remaining time, and then used the credit later on

All you had to do was message someone on the 3 forum or phone them up or something and say "Can you disable out of bundle charge for 083XXXXXXX", seriously

• Advertisement

you literally only went over by less than half a gig if it cost you €200, so you wouldn't have missed it for the money. You could have topped up another simcard by €20 to avail of the free internet for the remaining time, and then used the credit later on

All you had to do was message someone on the 3 forum or phone them up or something and say "Can you disable out of bundle charge for 083XXXXXXX", seriously

Ah sure its done now and wasn't in my hands to decide, and they were not one bit helpful on the phone and didn't suggest anything like that. I like our new broadband now anyway. Thanks though..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Just found out that 5 of the people I've been texting recently aren't on meteor.

I'm meteor bill pay and only have 200 texts to non meteor people.This bill is going to be horrible!

Gah in the past four years I've had no need to use my non meteor texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

People who invite people to parties and then tell them 'you're not here to enjoy yourself. You're here to make the sandwiches'. You know who you are you holy mary tramp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

broadband in my area taken down for maintenance last week. came back wednesday asince then its got the reliability of a pedophile babysitter. youtube not buffering, podcasts not launching , gifs staying static, webpages 404-ing like crazy skype calls dropping every 30 seconds or so.
    maintenance my hole. >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I've been talking to my parents about Freshers' Week and OH MY GOD, I'm going to hate commuting. How am I meant to have any kind of social life when I have to make the last train at 10? And are people going to think I'm a complete loser if I can't stick around? :(

I've been talking to my parents about Freshers' Week and OH MY GOD, I'm going to hate commuting. How am I meant to have any kind of social life when I have to make the last train at 10? And are people going to think I'm a complete loser if I can't stick around? :(

Anyone you know going to the same college? You could sleep on a floor for the night.

Alternative is to make it count and go out at like 6 in the evening so that by 10 you're ready to go home anyway. :P

Trivial Argh: I have a pimple of some sort on my tongue.

Non-Trivial Repetitive Argh: Exams next week. Hard to study from lecture notes you didn't really understand the first time.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Non-Trivial Repetitive Argh: Exams next week. Hard to study from lecture notes you didn't really understand the first time.

Even harder to study when the lecturer never uploads notes or exam papers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Life can be a harsh mistress at times.

Got into college which is fantastic. Parents want me to get a job which is cool as well, but with the times I'll be in till it pretty much means working Saturday/Sunday.

Now that's all fine except for the fact, Saturday is when my rugby matches are and the both days were often days spent with my girlfriend.
    So if I get a job, no more rugby/weekend with girlfriend(should mention her timetable conflicts with mine every fecking possible way). Which means sad Mark.

But if I do get one, it means I take some of the burden of supporting me of my parents shoulder, but means I'll be rather un-happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 orchestrated

I forgot all of my password. Including the one I used to make my UL accommodation account thing. Greaaaat.

• Advertisement

I forgot all of my password. Including the one I used to make my UL accommodation account thing. Greaaaat.

You won't need that password again unless you're going staying on campus next year. And even then, you can just book through your village reception or through CLS. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement