Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    That guy was really annoying. Apparantly a red laser dot on the back of Miles Dyson's head is hilarious.

Yep, noticed the laughing at that part myself. There was a woman beside me sniggering & laughing through most of the film. I was sitting there wondering if these people where watching this film at home on the armchair, would they still be laughing in the same way? Or is it only because they're out in the cinema they're laughing? Mad, some people would laugh at sh1te in the cinema.

That hecklevision thing I seen being mentioned in the film forum is just beyond weird. To think people deliberately pay into known bad films, so they can text heckles to a certain number, & it appears on screen? Sad, in a pathetic way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hmm I was there too and didn't hear anyone laughing inappropriately! Except the one guy who was chuckling near the start, and then everyone else in the cinema laughed at him. Maybe I just got a good seat ;)

70MM really is fantastic for sound though. Although made me realise how most of the score for T2 is ****ing amazing (the action sequences are just wonderfully scored) but there is the odd moment of dodgy synth hell :pac:

When I saw The Raid midnight screening a few weeks back, there was a jackass behind me who kept erupting into applause and cheering at the most inappropriate moments (and The Raid invites cheering and applauding frequently). Was infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

It can be fun going to a bad film for a laugh... just as long as everyone knows up front that it's just for a laugh.

The screenings of The Room are good for that...

But in general the public are putting me off pretty much everything these days.

I went to see Stewart Lee in Vicar street the other night and the amount of dozy cows in the audience really annoyed me. They just don't understand the concept of a rhetorical question so kept thinking that he was directly talking to them and shouting back their mindless responses.

Recorded another podcast today with Blitzkrieg about Sonic the Hedgehog... Will have to get him and Retr0 on soon to do a Panzer Dragoon episode though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DinoRex wrote: »
    Recorded another podcast today with Blitzkrieg about Sonic the Hedgehog... Will have to get him and Retr0 on soon to do a Panzer Dragoon episode though.

Oh I'm definitely up for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just back from the Raid myself and there was a few bits where I made noise, usually something like "ohh, ahh"

Great flick though, really great fight scenes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Being so mainstream it hurts means I get to look forward to Prometheus without needing to denigrate it before viewing, or erupt into a discussion on the dude getting his liver picked out everyday for nicking fire, poor git, it's good not being a hipster...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Recorded another podcast today without Sera about Sonic the Hedgehog
    FYP </3
    chiyo-chanabouttocry-1.gif ... :P

Just back from the Raid myself and there was a few bits where I made noise, usually something like "ohh, ahh"

Great flick though, really great fight scenes

As someone who has been stabbed I found the stabby bits a bit nauseating... there's a lot of stabby bits.
    Sera wrote: »
    FYP </3
    chiyo-chanabouttocry-1.gif ... :P

We only had time to cover the 2D ones. You can come on for part 2 for the 3D ones and talk about how much you love Rouge the Bat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Did you cover the master system and game gear games? I really liked those ones and only found out recently that they were made by Yuzo Koshiro's development team Ancient, which explains why the music in them was amazing.

Yep. We talked about them.

We even talked about the comic and cartoon series.

• Advertisement

saw this on FB
    535861_308696992545283_179998025415181_689815_287843461_n.jpg
    We only had time to cover the 2D ones. You can come on for part 2 for the 3D ones and talk about how much you love Rouge the Bat.
    Actually we were talking about Rouge's breasts Saturday evening, great topic. GBA games done too? Raging I didn't get in about the comics.
    What's left? - Sonic 3D Blast Flickies' Island/Blast [GG], SA, SA2 and SA2, what did I miss?. I'd this hazey dream about a game called Sonic Heroes, SA2 was the last game that came out, ever right? :P

I'll stick the podcast up tomorrow if I have time and you can work out what we covered then...

Oh and I like this one:

tumblr_m4cg47bvod1rw70wfo1_500.png

Great little tumblr that: http://didyouknowgaming.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

saw this on FB
    535861_308696992545283_179998025415181_689815_287843461_n.jpg

Actually we were talking about Rouge's breasts Saturday evening, great topic.
    Retr0/Sera, invite me over to your house.

I understand video game breasts like no other person on Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Actually we were talking about Rouge's breasts Saturday evening, great topic. GBA games done too? Raging I didn't get in about the comics.
    What's left? - Sonic 3D Blast Flickies' Island/Blast [GG], SA, SA2 and SA2, what did I miss?. I'd this hazey dream about a game called Sonic Heroes, SA2 was the last game that came out, ever right? :P

I like Sonic Generations :o

Hmm I was there too and didn't hear anyone laughing inappropriately! Except the one guy who was chuckling near the start, and then everyone else in the cinema laughed at him. Maybe I just got a good seat ;)

It wasn't as bad as your experience, more a mild distraction. There was a nice crowd in there, not your usual mouth breathing cinema frequenter like. Still though, how the hell is a laser scope pointed as Dysons head funny?? :confused:
    But in general the public are putting me off pretty much everything these days.

I hear ya brother :(

I bought two different 3rd party RGB leads and both were giving a crosshatch pattern over the screen. Honestly have never seen a 3rd party get it right.
    It wasn't until I picked up an official Nintendo brand cable from a French ebay seller that the real true quality came through.

Just to confirm, same crosshatch pattern with the consolegoods scart & a Samsung lcd :(

I'll just buy the official one. Crazy why they can't just replicate what's in the bloody official cable like

• Registered Users Posts: 8,854 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

EnterNow wrote: »
    It wasn't as bad as your experience, more a mild distraction. There was a nice crowd in there, not your usual mouth breathing cinema frequenter like.

I never understand how people are so negative about cinema audiences. Was a decent respectful audience yesterday, definitely, but no more so than your average IFI audience (actually, there was an unusual amount of toilet-goers during the film - the problem with beer friendly films :p). Granted, I might just be going to the right cinemas / screenings, but I go at least once or twice a week and very, very rarely have to put up with irritating crowds. Even in bigger cinemas like Cineworld it's been a long time since I was genuinely bothered by a cinema-goer.

I never understand how people are so negative about cinema audiences. Was a decent respectful audience yesterday, definitely, but no more so than your average IFI audience (actually, there was an unusual amount of toilet-goers during the film - the problem with beer friendly films :p). Granted, I might just be going to the right cinemas / screenings, but I go at least once or twice a week and very, very rarely have to put up with irritating crowds. Even in bigger cinemas like Cineworld it's been a long time since I was genuinely bothered by a cinema-goer.

Count yourself lucky, going to the right cinema/times/films. I think you know in your heart & soul what the cinema can really be like without me having to explain it

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Retr0/Sera, invite me over to your house.
    I understand video game breasts like no other person on Earth.
    but do you understand real breasts, that's the true question, as you know, boobs don't work that way

• Advertisement

but do you understand real breasts, that's the true question, as you know, boobs don't work that way

I think this is where I may be of some assistance :D

Steve SI wrote: »

:confused:

man-boobs-jack-nicholson-e1329087419966.jpg

:D

:confused:

man-boobs-jack-nicholson-e1329087419966.jpg

:D

DUDE!!!

I ain't no skinny jeans wearing hipster of 10 stone but I am sans the man boobies at least :D
    But I have been to Thailand before so I cant say I've never touched another man boobie before with 100 percent confidence :o :eek: :D

tumblr_lzzdsz8MyX1ql6mlno1_500.png

Count yourself lucky, going to the right cinema/times/films. I think you know in your heart & soul what the cinema can really be like without me having to explain it

I do, but it's been such a long time since I experienced it (Hunger in Cineworld was the last time I specifically recall the unsavory element, and what a highly inappropriate that film was for that!). The most recent problem I've encountered, however, is over-enthusiastic elderly couples. I remember seeing Another Year in the IFI a year or two ago, and a couple beside me gasping, crticising and 'tut tutting' at the actions of the characters on-screen :pac:

But I have been to Thailand before so I cant say I've never touched another man boobie before with 100 percent confidence :o :eek: :D

Can't believe your admitting that in here, I thought you knew this place well enough by now :D

I do, but it's been such a long time since I experienced it (Hunger in Cineworld was the last time I specifically recall the unsavory element). The most recent problem I've encountered, however, is over-enthusiastic elderly couples. I remember seeing Another Year in the IFI a year or two ago, and a couple beside me gasping, crticising and 'tut tutting' at the actions of the characters on-screen :pac:

Lol, yeah I've been witness to that before too.

The way I look at it is, if I can sit still for 90 mins without talking, p1ssing, making a racket, checking the time, checking my phone, kicking other seats, laughing at stupid things for the sake of laughing...then everyone should be able to do it.

It's not always that way, sometimes it's grand. But in my experience, most times there's usualy some annoying cnut within earshot.

Can't believe your admitting that in here, I thought you knew this place well enough by now :D

Haha, a momentary lapse in judgement. Hang on there and I write a letter to my future self and remind me to come back and delete that post when they invent time machines.

Haha, a momentary lapse in judgement. Hang on there and I write a letter to my future self and remind me to come back and delete that post when they invent time machines.

I'll let o1s1n, pyong or Ciderman deal with it. I'm too much a gentleman to instigate a slagging assault

feelsir.png

• Advertisement

I'll let o1s1n, pyong or Ciderman deal with it. I'm too much a gentleman to instigate a slagging assault

feelsir.png

Nothing to see here, move along now folks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement