Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

saw this on FB
    535861_308696992545283_179998025415181_689815_287843461_n.jpg
    DinoRex wrote: »
    We only had time to cover the 2D ones. You can come on for part 2 for the 3D ones and talk about how much you love Rouge the Bat.
    Actually we were talking about Rouge's breasts Saturday evening, great topic. GBA games done too? Raging I didn't get in about the comics.
    What's left? - Sonic 3D Blast Flickies' Island/Blast [GG], SA, SA2 and SA2, what did I miss?. I'd this hazey dream about a game called Sonic Heroes, SA2 was the last game that came out, ever right? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I'll stick the podcast up tomorrow if I have time and you can work out what we covered then...

Oh and I like this one:

tumblr_m4cg47bvod1rw70wfo1_500.png

Great little tumblr that: http://didyouknowgaming.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sera wrote: »
    saw this on FB
    535861_308696992545283_179998025415181_689815_287843461_n.jpg

Actually we were talking about Rouge's breasts Saturday evening, great topic.
    Retr0/Sera, invite me over to your house.

I understand video game breasts like no other person on Earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Actually we were talking about Rouge's breasts Saturday evening, great topic. GBA games done too? Raging I didn't get in about the comics.
    What's left? - Sonic 3D Blast Flickies' Island/Blast [GG], SA, SA2 and SA2, what did I miss?. I'd this hazey dream about a game called Sonic Heroes, SA2 was the last game that came out, ever right? :P

I like Sonic Generations :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hmm I was there too and didn't hear anyone laughing inappropriately! Except the one guy who was chuckling near the start, and then everyone else in the cinema laughed at him. Maybe I just got a good seat ;)

It wasn't as bad as your experience, more a mild distraction. There was a nice crowd in there, not your usual mouth breathing cinema frequenter like. Still though, how the hell is a laser scope pointed as Dysons head funny?? :confused:
    But in general the public are putting me off pretty much everything these days.

I hear ya brother :(

I bought two different 3rd party RGB leads and both were giving a crosshatch pattern over the screen. Honestly have never seen a 3rd party get it right.
    It wasn't until I picked up an official Nintendo brand cable from a French ebay seller that the real true quality came through.

Just to confirm, same crosshatch pattern with the consolegoods scart & a Samsung lcd :(

I'll just buy the official one. Crazy why they can't just replicate what's in the bloody official cable like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

EnterNow wrote: »
    It wasn't as bad as your experience, more a mild distraction. There was a nice crowd in there, not your usual mouth breathing cinema frequenter like.

I never understand how people are so negative about cinema audiences. Was a decent respectful audience yesterday, definitely, but no more so than your average IFI audience (actually, there was an unusual amount of toilet-goers during the film - the problem with beer friendly films :p). Granted, I might just be going to the right cinemas / screenings, but I go at least once or twice a week and very, very rarely have to put up with irritating crowds. Even in bigger cinemas like Cineworld it's been a long time since I was genuinely bothered by a cinema-goer.

I never understand how people are so negative about cinema audiences. Was a decent respectful audience yesterday, definitely, but no more so than your average IFI audience (actually, there was an unusual amount of toilet-goers during the film - the problem with beer friendly films :p). Granted, I might just be going to the right cinemas / screenings, but I go at least once or twice a week and very, very rarely have to put up with irritating crowds. Even in bigger cinemas like Cineworld it's been a long time since I was genuinely bothered by a cinema-goer.

Count yourself lucky, going to the right cinema/times/films. I think you know in your heart & soul what the cinema can really be like without me having to explain it

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Retr0/Sera, invite me over to your house.
    I understand video game breasts like no other person on Earth.
    but do you understand real breasts, that's the true question, as you know, boobs don't work that way

• Advertisement

but do you understand real breasts, that's the true question, as you know, boobs don't work that way

I think this is where I may be of some assistance :D

Steve SI wrote: »

:confused:

man-boobs-jack-nicholson-e1329087419966.jpg

:D

:confused:

man-boobs-jack-nicholson-e1329087419966.jpg

:D

DUDE!!!

I ain't no skinny jeans wearing hipster of 10 stone but I am sans the man boobies at least :D
    But I have been to Thailand before so I cant say I've never touched another man boobie before with 100 percent confidence :o :eek: :D

tumblr_lzzdsz8MyX1ql6mlno1_500.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Count yourself lucky, going to the right cinema/times/films. I think you know in your heart & soul what the cinema can really be like without me having to explain it

I do, but it's been such a long time since I experienced it (Hunger in Cineworld was the last time I specifically recall the unsavory element, and what a highly inappropriate that film was for that!). The most recent problem I've encountered, however, is over-enthusiastic elderly couples. I remember seeing Another Year in the IFI a year or two ago, and a couple beside me gasping, crticising and 'tut tutting' at the actions of the characters on-screen :pac:

But I have been to Thailand before so I cant say I've never touched another man boobie before with 100 percent confidence :o :eek: :D

Can't believe your admitting that in here, I thought you knew this place well enough by now :D

I do, but it's been such a long time since I experienced it (Hunger in Cineworld was the last time I specifically recall the unsavory element). The most recent problem I've encountered, however, is over-enthusiastic elderly couples. I remember seeing Another Year in the IFI a year or two ago, and a couple beside me gasping, crticising and 'tut tutting' at the actions of the characters on-screen :pac:

Lol, yeah I've been witness to that before too.

The way I look at it is, if I can sit still for 90 mins without talking, p1ssing, making a racket, checking the time, checking my phone, kicking other seats, laughing at stupid things for the sake of laughing...then everyone should be able to do it.

It's not always that way, sometimes it's grand. But in my experience, most times there's usualy some annoying cnut within earshot.

Can't believe your admitting that in here, I thought you knew this place well enough by now :D

Haha, a momentary lapse in judgement. Hang on there and I write a letter to my future self and remind me to come back and delete that post when they invent time machines.

Haha, a momentary lapse in judgement. Hang on there and I write a letter to my future self and remind me to come back and delete that post when they invent time machines.

I'll let o1s1n, pyong or Ciderman deal with it. I'm too much a gentleman to instigate a slagging assault

feelsir.png

• Advertisement

I'll let o1s1n, pyong or Ciderman deal with it. I'm too much a gentleman to instigate a slagging assault

feelsir.png

Nothing to see here, move along now folks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

feelsir.png

Errr... you do realise where that image originally came from and what they did and why they did it, right? Kinda getting mixed messages here :D

a5y wrote: »
    Errr... you do realise where that image originally came from and what they did and why they did it, right? Kinda getting mixed messages here :D

Are you insinuating I'm some kind of black hat hacker? Nah, I meant it in the comedic monocle wearing sir sense. Like the way o1s1n has a pantry & the pyongster has a mountain lodge.

My hacking abilities are about ten years old, best I was able to do was gain access to Win 98 boxes through an lmhosts hack. I did leave a note saying I was there though & how to close the vulnerability :o See, I'm not all bad! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,258 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

feelsir.png

No one with a pantry or gold wallpaper in his drawing room could possibly ever instigate a slagging assault.

I am deeply offended you would associate me with such a base practice.

55e2f_funny-animal-captions-sir-i-have-had-enough-of-your-shinanigans-so-i-bid-you-good-day-i-said-good-day-to-you-sir.jpg

Man boobie. Hehehe

So long, pig!

DAtUi.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Just got a replacement power supply from Mitch; it's a MD-9916A
    The inputs are marked as AC 1 and AC 2, does anyone know whcih is live and which is neutral; also there's no COM connection on it (the old one had 2); are these needed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Did you cover the master system and game gear games? I really liked those ones and only found out recently that they were made by Yuzo Koshiro's development team Ancient, which explains why the music in them was amazing.

Yep

i threw out a special mention to this one:

Which is like happiness on crack for me.

next time I should be more prepared, I didnt intend to waffle as much on the comics and personal things.

We pretty much only covered sonic 1991-1995 so if there is a part 2 planned we still got the GBA and all the 3d games to talk about and I'd like to do that with someone mostly for the actually argument on what went wrong with each title.

I had a tiny rant on my hatred of Chaotix on the day...

Also I never got to talk about this cause we didnt reach it:

One of the more obscure nods back to classsic sonic in the newer games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,059 ✭✭✭Doge

8-bit hipsters!

Now where's a nes zapper when you need one! ;)

In-Case-Of-8bit-Emergency.jpg

Just to confirm, same crosshatch pattern with the consolegoods scart & a Samsung lcd :(

I'll just buy the official one. Crazy why they can't just replicate what's in the bloody official cable like

I disconnected pin 16 on this in the end, so it's basically a composite scart now. It's still far better than the oversaturated Blaze cable...but it's still composite :( At least now the console is playable.

Not many official cables around at all...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    next time I should be more prepared, I didnt intend to waffle as much on the comics and personal things.

You can't be as bad as me in fairness :)

The personal bits are what make it interesting to listen to.. otherwise you might as well read Wikipedia aloud to yourself and not bother with the podcast at all.

The personal bits are what make it interesting to listen to.. otherwise you might as well read Wikipedia aloud to yourself and not bother with the podcast at all.

wikipedia???

please!!

http://www.theghz.com/ bro

it's the sonic museum

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hah I mentioned that aswell.

sang a few bars of living in the city I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Yep. We talked about them.

We even talked about the comic and cartoon series.

Which cartoon series do yous talk about? The dark and kind of alright one or the other one?

Yep. We talked about them.

We even talked about the comic and cartoon series.

Which cartoon series do yous talk about? The dark and kind of alright one or the other one?

We talked about 4 of them but got distracted before I got to sonic x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The less said about Sonic Underground the better......
    Speaking of Sonic, picked up the GM 20th anniversary magazine on Zinio last night.
    Mainly stuff I already knew but still a nice little retrospective

Hackers gonna hack :mad:
    I hate when I have to hack my own web servers to get in so I can protect them from other hacks.

Bah!!

One of my co-workers made a Pac Man analogy today then told me I'm too young to know or remember Pac Man.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    One of my co-workers made a Pac Man analogy today then told me I'm too young to know or remember Pac Man.

You should have shouted 'Pokemon! It's pronounced Pokemon!'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Some cool looking neon gifs, related to films mainly but thought some folks here might like them.

http://mrwhaite.tumblr.com/

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Some cool looking neon gifs, related to films mainly but thought some folks here might like them.

http://mrwhaite.tumblr.com/

The Shining one is brilliant, those twins terrified me when I was younger

shining-4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,059 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone own or know much about these SNES adapters that let you play Mega Drive Cartridges?

7005591008_e6d05f6605_o.jpg

This one was spotted on this page, a fair bit down:

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/26517/Japanese+Retro+Games.html

And TotoTek have one called RetroGen:

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6_12&products_id=148

9e602ea704a840d3524655fc94247a5f.image.150x158.jpg

Do they both have the same hardware inside ye reckon?

Review of the Tototek one here, must watch it when I get home:

Whats the point? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Whats the point? :confused:

Aye. That yoke was posted here not so long ago I think and I couldn't understand why anyone would use such a thing. Not like an MD is expensive to buy. Not likely anyone would want to use a Snes pad with an MD game (that presumably wasn't already available on the Snes)?

Maybe it's interesting as a tech proof of concept or something.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Aye. That yoke was posted here not so long ago I think and I couldn't understand why anyone would use such a thing. Not like an MD is expensive to buy. Not likely anyone would want to use a Snes pad with an MD game (that presumably wasn't already available on the Snes)?

Maybe it's interesting as a tech proof of concept or something.

Yeah I posted the Tototek one a while ago, its just a curiosity as ya said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,258 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That photo of the snes is really lovely the way the focus is.

All for the device itself, it's a weird one alright. Almost sacrilegious!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

waveform wrote: »
    Anyone own or know much about these SNES adapters that let you play Mega Drive Cartridges?

7005591008_e6d05f6605_o.jpg

This one was spotted on this page, a fair bit down:

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/26517/Japanese+Retro+Games.html

And TotoTek have one called RetroGen:

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6_12&products_id=148

9e602ea704a840d3524655fc94247a5f.image.150x158.jpg

Do they both have the same hardware inside ye reckon?

Review of the Tototek one here, must watch it when I get home:

Every time someone puts crap speedmetal in a youtube video as background music , god kills a kitten.FACT!
    That adaptor would have been the business twently years ago when you either had a SNES or a Meg but its probably more of a curio now.

• Advertisement

I'd only be interested in Tototek if it replaced all in-game music with Toto's Africa!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement