Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Good news for 3DS owners:)

Source
    European fans of jRPGs will be delighted to read that game publisher Ghostlight is bringing the eagerly awaited Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2 to the PAL region.

Although ports of both tactical RPG games are confirmed, said fans might want to wait to celebrate: neither game has a confirmed release date.

Ghostlight posted on its website that it would be working with Atlus to bring ports of the successful Devil Survivor Overclocked for the 3DS and Devil Survivor 2 to the DS.

The Devils are in the details

Devil Survivor Overclocked is the 3DS revamp of the original Devil Survivor, one of the most popular RPGs of 2009.

The 3DS version – Overclocked – is an expanded and enhanced offering of the original game, with voice acting, an extra chapter, and remastered graphics added to take advantage of the more robust hardware in the 3DS.

Devil Survivor 2 continues the theme of the first game (teenagers fighting to save Tokyo) but features a story not directly related to its predecessor. Thus, DS owners will not need to play Devil Survivor Overlocked in order to enjoy Devil Survivor 2.

Like most games in the Shin Megami Tensei universe, both Devil Survivor and Devil Survivor 2 are accessible to players unfamiliar with the rich, complex world of Atlus’s flagship RPG franchise and will make solid additions to the tactical/strategy RPGs available for Nintendo handhelds in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Doge

The devil is in the details for sure.

Anyone notice this on the forum homepage?

"It is 15:59 on April 22 (@666)"

What the hell is that @666 thing for anyway, even if it does change periodically?

I'm guessing it's some kind of time unit, that goes upto 1000 per each 24 hours or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

waveform wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's some kind of time unit, that goes upto 1000 per each 24 hours or something?

Internet Time - http://www.timeanddate.com/time/internettime.html

EnterNow wrote: »

Thanks for that, never even heard of Internet time before....

"It uses the normal decimal system, instead of the ancient 24 hour, 60 minute, 60 second system which makes time telling more complicated."

then....

".beat time calculations are easy, @345 + 456 .beats = @801, compared to e.g. 3:45:20 + 2 hours, 25 minutes, 45 seconds, where the seconds, minutes and hours must all be added."

:pac:

I'll stick to my ancient hours, minutes and seconds thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

"It uses the normal decimal system, instead of the ancient 24 hour, 60 minute, 60 second system which makes time telling more complicated."

then....

".beat time calculations are easy, @345 + 456 .beats = @801, compared to e.g. 3:45:20 + 2 hours, 25 minutes, 45 seconds, where the seconds, minutes and hours must all be added.

When I'm overthrowing governments and doing general mission impossible type stuff I use Internet time to synchronise with rest of my global team.

You noobs any your ancient time keeping systems :D

I've just discovered a highly innovative company of 4 Arcade games from the 1970s,
    Vectorbeam!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vectorbeam

Check out Speed Freak from 1977!

That is amazing for it's time I think!

Check out the other games also, especially SpaceWars which wiki says was the first vector based arcade game. (and the game that was made in MIT which it was inspired by)

I'm literally out of energy and falling toward my leaba, can't finish the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

then....

".beat time calculations are easy, @345 + 456 .beats = @801, compared to e.g. 3:45:20 + 2 hours, 25 minutes, 45 seconds, where the seconds, minutes and hours must all be added."

Internet time & Unix time have never failed in confusing the absolute sh!t outta me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

31st birthday of the ZX Spectrum by the way:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX_Spectrum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

DinoRex wrote: »
    31st birthday of the ZX Spectrum by the way:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX_Spectrum

And they have their own Google Doodle now

Only on .co.uk I think cause its for Georges Day too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh China, you crazy counterfeiters you!

468x371x79340965b77a4acfe06f4f6b.jpg

1_9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Happy St George's Day to all! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,978 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Happy St George's Day to all! :)

George_Stobbart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Aside from RAGE and GamesExchange, am I right in thinking there's nothing in the way of independent game shops in the capital? How about on a national level?

sW2L0.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Aside from RAGE and GamesExchange, am I right in thinking there's nothing in the way of independent game shops in the capital? How about on a national level?

Pretty much yeah. No idea of any other independent shops outside of Dublin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,978 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They're all either charity shops or dingy second hand places and most will inflate the prices of really popular stuff. Sometimes you can get a bargain since the people running them don't have a clue but a lot of the places have since been cleared out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They're all either charity shops or dingy second hand places and most will inflate the prices of really popular stuff. Sometimes you can get a bargain since the people running them don't have a clue but a lot of the places have since been cleared out.

Yep, nothing but spice girls videos and boyzone singles to be found these days. Although I still check them on the off chance something pops up.

• Advertisement

Can't see the link in work but there may be a kirby collection on the way:

http://gamerant.com/nintendo-kirby-collection-wii-tao-144659/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep, nothing but spice girls videos and boyzone singles to be found these days. Although I still check them on the off chance something pops up.

I've heard the supposed unsold millions (an optimistic estimate of one per person by the record label) of Maniac 2000 by Mark McCabe buried in a landfill somewhere in Louth is the Irish equivalent to the great Atari ET dump in the States.

On a kind of related note, I can see the same phenomenon happening in Ireland as the UK, where the capital's charity shops are professionally sniped, so you get a lot of folk making trips around the country with the sole intention of picking up cheap goodies for the collection/to sell, of course.

I mean, I'm a little guilty of this myself. I had to spend some time in the midlands (Mullingar/Portloaise) around Xmas/New Year's, and its chazza shops were very kind to me. Specifically, in Mullingar town, where some chap dumped his entire GCN collection into a shop, and they sold off for a couple of quid a pop. Contrast that with Dublin, where a shop'll slap a tag of a tenner on something if there's even a whiff of a Nintendo logo. Case in point, the copy of Link's Crossbow Training that's been clogging up a shelf on Camden Street for over a year, with some inflated price tag.

It sucks that there's so few proper independent gaming outlet in the capital. I get that it's by no means a concrete business endeavor, but I'm still going to moan.

I've heard the supposed unsold millions (an optimistic estimate of one per person by the record label) of Maniac 2000 by Mark McCabe buried in a landfill somewhere in Louth is the Irish equivalent to the great Atari ET dump in the States.

I will have no bad word said against that song!

GiVn i 90 WiT AlL mE GiRlOs In D cLuB!! xoxox

The real national anthem!

DinoRex wrote: »
    The real national anthem!

Afaik it's illegal in Ireland for it to not be played at weddings, funerals, birthdays and christenings.

Yeah, yeah, funky yeah.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Mr.Saturn wrote: »

I saw a stall in georges street arcade last week selling a SNES, n64 and a megadrive i think it was.. the stall itself was closed but i could see them in this window case thing. not sure if they had anything else.

keithgeo wrote: »
    I saw a stall in georges street arcade last week selling a SNES, n64 and a megadrive i think it was.. the stall itself was closed but i could see them in this window case thing. not sure if they had anything else.

I know the guys who own the RAGE are involved in the opening of a thing in the Arcade, it's a vintage yolk with some games, apparently. Could it be the same thing?

• Advertisement

I could be wrong, but I think that could be a sister store of the RAGE? Vaguely recall them saying they were opening something - or someone closely affiliated was opening something - in the arcade.

Or: what Mister Saturn said :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement