Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

DinoRex wrote: »
    How is it marking it anyway... it's like a grease or oil... where does it come from? I don't touch that part of the console.

The tears of Foxconn workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,551 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Wtf, so the bottom screen has a border that juts out and marks the top screen? How did that pass quality control. :confused:

Yep. See the way the bottom screen is a bit raised up with a frame around it? That frame leaves some weird mark when you close it over.

3DS-Console.jpg

How it got passed quality control I'll never know. At first I thought maybe I'd banged the console and it left a mark, but it happens every time it's closed now.
    How is it marking it anyway... it's like a grease or oil... where does it come from? I don't touch that part of the console.

It's really odd. Is there any rubber around the bottom screen? I don't have one handy to check. Even that rubberized plastic stuff. That would leave an oily mark. I guess they might have used something like that thinking it would protect the top screen from being damaged.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So basically o1s1n needs to wash his greasy hands then! :pac:

It's a bit mad that there is something touching off the top screen at all when the unit is closed. Unless o1s1n, the hinges on your unit are wonky?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Oh as far as I know everyone's 3DS does this.

Mine does it anyway. Only takes a second to wipe off... but it is irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The 3DS redesign, I'm surprised it's taken as long as it has, but then Ninty must have orders of the original device to sell on before they can ramp up production of a modified console.
    Me, I reckon there's enough real estate on the current 3DS to allow the inclusion of a second Circle pad, larger screens would be nice, sure, but I would be happier to see the surround of the upper screen in a matt finish, as the reflections in the gloss at the moment make games hard to play in certain orientations.

Still playing Lost Planet 2 by the way, it's still fun! Tried Lost Planet though, just to see, and unfortunately, it still sucks... the controls anyways :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

They're selling pretty well though.

2 million units shifted in the past 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

They're selling pretty well though.

2 million units shifted in the past 3 months.

While the Vita continues to tank in Japan
    This week, the PS Vita’s sales are down to 8,250 units, according to Andriasang, only edging out the Wii, which sat at 6,837 units. Not a good sign, considering the Wii’s a six year old console at the end of its lifeline.

On the flipside, the 3DS sits at the top of the hardware sales charts at 63,796 units sold. The 3DS, which had a lukewarm launch and was met by naysayers that deemed the handheld doomed. One price drop later, the 3DS has been performing consistently well.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Japanese-PS-Vita-Sales-Low,news-14880.html

• Registered Users Posts: 34,551 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

8,250 Vita units compared to 63,796 3DS units? That an absolutely amazing difference. Long may it continue! (I really don't want to have to buy a Vita!)

I never thought I'd see a Father Ted reference(image or text) on Engadget!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/26/google-targets-seo-spam/

down-with-this-sort-of-thing1.jpg

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    8,250 Vita units compared to 63,796 3DS units? That an absolutely amazing difference. Long may it continue! (I really don't want to have to buy a Vita!)

If they make with some great games I'll buy into it, but for now I'm not even remotely interested in it. Sure it has some good stuff on the horizon, but so does the 3DS ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Can you use a laplink cable to connect an amiga 1200 to a desktop PC?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

One shouldn't take pleasure in Sonys apparent failure with the Vita thus far, and yet, it still stirs a certain schadenfreude in my withered heart to hear of the devices lack of popularity, that makes me mean, right?

Oh, I'll buy one before the years out, but until then I can troll away!

Will the WiiU fair any better in the Japanese market?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Will the WiiU fair any better in the Japanese market?

I'm really interested in seeing the elusive Wii U in action. Last years E3 was a case of 'Here's the joypad of our new system...please buy it'. We got some basic tech info but it's all very hush hush.

The Zelda tech demo looked incredible though. Even if the graphics were something we've been looking at for the last few years...it's great to see Nintendo in HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

The price of many games in the retro shop in Cork seems to have shot up by up to 200%. Cop yourselves on guys. We're in a bloody recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve SI wrote: »
    I actually want one of these home made Pi Boy :)

And there you have it....

the official name fore your home made Gameboy PC.

waveform wrote: »
    And there you have it....

the official name fore your home made Gameboy PC.

I dunno, I like RasPiBoy(pronounced raspeeboy). It includes the Raspberry, the Pi and also the Game Boy elements in the name.
    But Pi Boy has a certain ring to it as well.

Pi Boy

original.aspx

I dunno, I like RasPiBoy(pronounced raspeeboy). It includes the Raspberry, the Pi and also the Game Boy elements in the name.
    But Pi Boy has a certain ring to it as well.

I forgot about RaspPiBoy actually, (if you mentioned it before that is!)

Both would be good.

You could always build TWO and name them each! ;)

Had an absolute all out bidding war on Vectrex games in the last half an hour.

Each game ending within minutes of each other from the same seller.

Got outbid on Space Wars which I really wanted considering its history, :(

and also on Fortress of Narzod.

Manage to secure others though. :)

• Advertisement

Ooops, I just won a psvita in a work thing. I asked if I could trade it for some NeoGeo or Vectrex games but just got some blank looks from the peeps.

So that's two vitas now, a euro one and a jap one, if it makes any difference.

So that's two vitas now

Balance, has been restored.

1118037384300px-luke_skywalker_ep6_dvd.jpg

I don't suppose there's anything you'd really like to trade for it???
    Anything in particular??? That I might have???

probably not.. :(

It's like asking this guy to trade ya somethin...

1751754-ted_dibiase.jpg

:pac:

Yeah, I know, but there might have been a momentary loss of reason and I could of Jack Burton'd it and got a Vita for a packet of King Crisps, a tin of Tesco Baked Beans and a selection of Fifa games for the 360.... well, a guys gotta try!

Sure, I'll take your Vectrex and all games/accessories etc :D
    EnterNow wrote: »
    It's like asking this guy to trade ya somethin...

1751754-ted_dibiase.jpg

:pac:

Ehhhhhhhhh

Ehhhhhhhhh

As in the man who has everything :D

safetyboy wrote: »

Japanese video game commercials!

Holy ****! Early Nintendo DS prototype thingy @ 50s in! :eek:

Can't get over the similarities!

EnterNow wrote: »
    As in the man who has everything :D

Almost, need me a Virtual Boy ;)
    waveform wrote: »
    Holy ****! Early Nintendo DS prototype thingy @ 50s in! :eek:

Can't get over the similarities!

It's a Game and Watch. You never come across them before?
    They're very collectable :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Almost, need me a Virtual Boy ;)

I've something Steve SI doesn't have :O (apart from wads of disposable income)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement