Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

I have to say the 3DS is shaping up fine these days. I bought one when the price crashed on amazon to replace my broken DS lite and I'm surprised to find myself looking forward to games that are actually for it. XSEED are putting games on the eshop that were originally retail so the region locking might not be as big of an issue as I thought to begin with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I take it all DS games play on the 3DS? Or region matching ones or whatever. How do they play with the d-pad on the left way lower than the buttons on the right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Vita pricedrop? Hmm, I'm not so sure. That's mean Sony were wrong, & you know Sony, they're never wrong :rolleyes:

3DS Lite? Also not sure about this. Certainly eventually, but the 3DS is already based on the design of the DS Lite...can that format actually house the innards for yet more elctronics? It's still a bit soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I take it all DS games play on the 3DS? Or region matching ones or whatever. How do they play with the d-pad on the left way lower than the buttons on the right?

DS games from all regions play fine on an EU 3DS. I imagine the region-locked DSi-specific games are still region-locked on a 3DS though. Still play DS games on a DS myself, but never noticed a problem with the d-pad's position on the 3DS. Incidentally you can use the slider pad with DS games too, although it isn't particularly useful in the majority of cases.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ive been playing a lot of Strange Journey on the 3DS and its grand. Not a game for the slider though, due to its grid like movement. Could imagine the slider does benefit something like Mario 64.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

ghostchant wrote: »
    Incidentally you can use the slider pad with DS games too, although it isn't particularly useful in the majority of cases.

Mario64 DS, bloody godsend since the controls are so shíte on the normal DS

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

pdbhp wrote: »
    Mario64 DS, bloody godsend since the controls are so shíte on the normal DS

It is well class for playing Super Mario 64.
    I actually adore the 3DS, sure it needs a redesign, 2 circle pads and bigger screen, but outside of that i love it, and already great roster of games,
    only Fault I have is I dont make enough time to play it.

I must buy Kid Icarus, Mario Kart yet, and I cannot wait for what E3 turns up,
    But for me big one is I want next is Mario Tennis Open..
    Looks fab and great for handheld games, Gameboy titles were and are still outstanding.

Check out SMB1 mode in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

iu6ty9567t.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

kevin2me wrote: »
    It is well class for playing Super Mario 64.
    I actually adore the 3DS, sure it needs a redesign, 2 circle pads and bigger screen, but outside of that i love it, and already great roster of games,
    only Fault I have is I dont make enough time to play it.

I must buy Kid Icarus, Mario Kart yet, and I cannot wait for what E3 turns up,
    But for me big one is I want next is Mario Tennis Open..
    Looks fab and great for handheld games, Gameboy titles were and are still outstanding.

Check out SMB1 mode in it :)

Given how much fun Mario Tennis is on the Virtual Boy, I know this is going to be a great way to show off the 3D effects of the 3DS.
    Also, I'd love to know if they'll stick the VB original in there as a bonus, would be sweet let me tell you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers is coming to the 3DS in japan but you can bet Atlus will bring it to the US since it's a Shin Megami Tensei game. Can't wait, it's considered one of the best RPG's of all time. Shin Megami Tensei with an even bigger Cyberpunk leaning? I can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Anyone get anything shipped from Shanghai recently via EMS China express?
    Did it take longer than 15 business days?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

Yes

Took almost a week & I got stung by the Feds for vat.

Good luck

Some students from MIT have hacked the electrical system of a building on their campus and wired up an old console to it to play the biggest game of tetris you've ever seen.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/mit-students-hack-building-to-play-tetris-6373240

Now that's what i call a large screen monitor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

AWESOME look at all the colours mannnn!

And speaking of Tetris.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Steve SI wrote: »
    Anyone get anything shipped from Shanghai recently via EMS China express?
    Did it take longer than 15 business days?

I just got my dress via EMS yesterday which was posted on the 11th of April, did you get a tracking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Started playing Witcher 2.

One thing that confuses me is that they seem to say plough and ploughing as a replacement for the words f*ck and f*cking... but then they say f*ck every now and then anyway... It does not make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Seriously? Well I'll be ploughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

EnterNow wrote: »
    Vita pricedrop? Hmm, I'm not so sure. That's mean Sony were wrong, & you know Sony, they're never wrong :rolleyes:

3DS Lite? Also not sure about this. Certainly eventually, but the 3DS is already based on the design of the DS Lite...can that format actually house the innards for yet more elctronics? It's still a bit soon.

its around the same timeframe that they announced the DS lite.

My money, is not on a 3DS lite but a 3DS "Pro" with a second slider, perhaps larger screens and a design that is actually slightly bigger than the current model but with sleeker lines.

Sera wrote: »
    I just got my Retr0 just got his dress via EMS yesterday which was posted on the 11th of April, did you get a tracking number?

its around the same timeframe that they announced the DS lite.

My money, is not on a 3DS lite but a 3DS "Pro" with a second slider, perhaps larger screens and a design that is actually slightly bigger than the current model but with sleeker lines.

That's certainly possible, they do have the XL format to play around with. I suppose a 3DS housed in something like the DSi XL casing would provide the room for additional controls. It'd be damn cool too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Japanese video game commercials!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Sera wrote: »
    I just got my dress via EMS yesterday which was posted on the 11th of April, did you get a tracking number?

Yeah, I have a tracking code and its tracked it from Minhang to Shanghai and no update since it left Shanghai on the 16th.

I'm probably just being impatient :o

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, I have a tracking code and its tracked it from Minhang to Shanghai and no update since it left Shanghai on the 16th.

I'm probably just being impatient :o

It hasn't been updated because it's left a country with an efficient postal service. It's likely in Portlaoise now, deduced because it's status hasn't been updated.

Master of the Universe

One thing I'd really like to see them address with a new 3DS console is to do something about the bottom screen's boarder touching off the top screen when it's closed.

Every time I open my 3DS I have a line going down each side of the top screen. They can be rubbed off easily, but it's a pain.

o1s1n wrote: »
    They can be rubbed off easily, but it's a pain.

Use the terminator tshirt to clean the screen...turning a pain, into a chore of delight?? :D

Master of the Universe

'My screen! My beautiful 3DS screen is marked!' :(

'I know now why you cry...but it is something I can never do.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I'm finding it hard to describe exactly what this is:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One thing I'd really like to see them address with a new 3DS console is to do something about the bottom screen's boarder touching off the top screen when it's closed.

Every time I open my 3DS I have a line going down each side of the top screen. They can be rubbed off easily, but it's a pain.

Yeah it's an odd one alright. Don't really know why the ridge on the bottom screen is in anyway necessary.

But that's why I don't design game consoles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Wtf, so the bottom screen has a border that juts out and marks the top screen? How did that pass quality control. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

How is it marking it anyway... it's like a grease or oil... where does it come from? I don't touch that part of the console.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    How did that pass quality control. :confused:

Quality Control 1979-2005

May you Rest In Peace

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement