Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We'll see around golden week if the Vita really is in trouble. It's a stupid time to release a new handheld especially with the recession but I guess Sony had poured too much money into the project not to release it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ive spent the last 13 minutes listening to the Jungle Dtrike theme on a loop.
    Im happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ive spent the last 13 minutes listening to the Jungle Dtrike theme on a loop.
    Im happy

Onto level 2 so, see can you complete this one

EnterNow wrote: »
    Onto level 2 so, see can you complete this one

picture.php?albumid=1882&pictureid=12101

picture.php?albumid=1882&pictureid=12101

I thought so :D

• Advertisement

I thought so :D

A big difference is I actually enjoy the Jungle Strike theme :pac:

A big difference is I actually enjoy the Jungle Strike theme :pac:

Yeah I get ya, that kinda helps :D That clip is actually in one of Pat's episode, he spots it while eating a bowl of cereal but I can't remember which episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Anyone know for sure what symbols should be coming up on screen on the c64 when you move the joystick around etc while at the command prompt?

Cant seem to get any of my existing jopysticks to work on my c64 and I just got a Konix navigator in the post in work so if this doesn't work I'm not sure what to do.

Konix Navigator joystick(not my one but they are the exact same):
    KonixNavigator2.jpg

Interview with Roland Graf of Duranik About Sturmwind for the Sega Dreamcast

http://diehardgamefan.com/2012/04/19/interview-with-roland-graf-of-duranik-about-sturmwind-for-the-sega-dreamcast/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thinking of organising a full on charity Boutashi event soon. Charity, location, date and insurance TBC. Seriously. Need 50-100 people. Anybody game for such a foolhardy dream?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve SI wrote: »
    Anyone know for sure what symbols should be coming up on screen on the c64 when you move the joystick around etc while at the command prompt?

Cant seem to get any of my existing jopysticks to work on my c64 and I just got a Konix navigator in the post in work so if this doesn't work I'm not sure what to do.

You should get some kind of Arrow when moving one direction, and spaces too iirc.

At least on a c64c, never tested it with a breadbin but it should be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thinking of organising a full on charity Boutashi event soon. Charity, location, date and insurance TBC. Seriously. Need 50-100 people. Anybody game for such a foolhardy dream?

That's amazing!!!

Those dudes run up each other's backs like something from those dodgy wire scenes from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's amazing!!!

Those dudes run up each other's backs like something from those dodgy wire scenes from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

I consider that post a commitment of interest.

Welcome aboard. I'll see you in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Excellent! I'll be the guy holding the camera :pac:

Kinda had you pegged as the kicking guy at the top of the pole...

waveform wrote: »
    You should get some kind of Arrow when moving one direction, and spaces too iirc.

At least on a c64c, never tested it with a breadbin but it should be the same.

Just tested the new joystick. Makes spaces, number 2 and left arrow on the prompt. Still doesn't work in games :(

Looks like its the c64 itself as I've tested a load of sticks, bad times.

A very cool flash animation this. Seen a video of it a while back and just came across the proper animation today.

uni.jpg

Original link(can be slow or down as its getting hit by a lot of traffic):
    http://htwins.net/scale2/scale2.swf?bordercolor=white

Mirror on Retrovia(If the other link is slow or down):
    http://www.retrovia.ie/dls/scale2.swf?bordercolor=white

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

Just tested the new joystick. Makes spaces, number 2 and left arrow on the prompt. Still doesn't work in games :(

Looks like its the c64 itself as I've tested a load of sticks, bad times.

I'm assuming you have tried switching which port the joystick is plugged into?

Since there was absolutely no set standard for which port should be used for 1 player on the c64, and was totally dependent on the game.

Its very strange that it works at BASIC but doesn't work in game.

• Advertisement

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

waveform wrote: »
    I'm assuming you have tried switching which port the joystick is plugged into?

Since there was absolutely no set standard for which port should be used for 1 player on the c64, and was totally dependent on the game.

Its very strange that it works at BASIC but doesn't work in game.

Yeah, tried many joysticks in all the ports on different games(tapes and carts).
    I've no idea what the feck is going on with it to be honest.

Yeah, tried many joysticks in all the ports on different games(tapes and carts).
    I've no idea what the feck is going on with it to be honest.

No bent pins in the joystick port? I'd a Megadrive 2 years ago that was missing certain functions on the pad. Every pad. Looking into the port, somebody jammed the connector in wrong & it bent one of the pins. Straightened it out & all was well

No bent pins in the joystick port? I'd a Megadrive 2 years ago that was missing certain functions on the pad. Every pad. Looking into the port, somebody jammed the connector in wrong & it bent one of the pins. Straightened it out & all was well

No, all the pins seem fine.
    When I connect up the joystick and power up to the prompt any movement or button press does make a symbol/number/arrow/space on the screen but nothing happens in games.

So unless my IQ has dropped from a healthy 155 to an unhealthy 55 it must be the system and not myself :rolleyes:

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Excellent article. Thanks for the link. There are lots of good ones there to put on my cabinet's favourites list.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

button press does make a symbol/number/arrow/space on the screen but nothing happens in games.
    Do you have to pick a joystick type in the games on a C64? if so have you tried them all

I remember on my spectrum you had to pick kempston or something, there were a few choices.

rubadub wrote: »
    Do you have to pick a joystick type in the games on a C64? if so have you tried them all

I remember on my spectrum you had to pick kempston or something, there were a few choices.

No joystick selection in any of the games I tested.
    The only option you usually see is Joystick or Keyboard controls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That's a bit weird why the joystick input is registered on the C64 main screen but not in a game.

Oh hold on a sec, you sure the joystick is connected to the same C64 as the one with a game loaded? You know how you like to have two of everything. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

No joystick selection in any of the games I tested.
    The only option you usually see is Joystick or Keyboard controls.

The joysticks worked on only port 1 or 2 on the c64

Boulder dash was port 2 if i remember right

• Advertisement

Hmm, I just realised that I have in my wallet the business cards from the two Bioware doctors with their direct numbers on it from when I met them... I wonder it they could fetch a good price from disgruntled Mass Effect fans?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement