Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

o1s1n wrote: »
    I assume they had to cut out that hardcore girl on girl scene though to get it down to 15s?

I think the episode was called 'Alex wears nothing but a mac'

Alex Rack

Alex in da Sack.

Almost too easy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Alex Rack

Alex in da Sack.

Almost too easy.

What type of films are you working on? You seem almost too good at this...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What type of films are you working on? You seem almost too good at this...

He better be working on Sextroid Prime!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

DinoRex wrote: »
    Yep. That's Mechner's younger brother.

He just discovered the original source code as well:

http://jordanmechner.com/blog/2012/03/prince-of-persia-source-code-found/

Posted it today:

https://github.com/jmechner/Prince-of-Persia-Apple-II

Just stumbled across this!

Jordan Mechner's father was doing a spring clean and sent him a bunch of disks a few weeks ago,

one of them containing the original source code for the Apple II port of Prince of Persia!

http://jordanmechner.com/blog/2012/03/prince-of-persia-source-code-found/

The Commodore 64 port done recently by Mr. Sid, was created by reverse engineering a memory dump of the original, just shows how amazing his effort was!

And as for that c64 port of the game,
    some guy made a program that will convert PC game levels to C64 levels, for all the fan made levels made for Prince of Persia on the PC!

It also includes a random level generator:

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/forums/?roomid=7&topicid=88535&firstpost=2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSAHx_p5gqRRQySuDZUuenO111d4kWSmcw8mVpfm5Jef8V23aX
    > 4d1.jpg

ui_1_80.jpg

Ridiculous!

• Advertisement

Apologies for the triple post, but the source code was just uploaded a few hours ago!

https://github.com/jmechner/Prince-of-Persia-Apple-II

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

anyone getting any posters? Photobox is having a sale until Midnight Thursday

Sera wrote: »
    anyone getting any posters? Photobox is having a sale until Midnight Thursday

I wonder what your first order will be for visitors to your home...

n743233480_1080176_1389.jpg

waveform wrote: »
    I wonder what your first order will be for visitors to your home...
    I don't need a poster of that, I get the real thing every weekend :cool:
    considering getting a Nichijou poster, something like this or a poster of YMCK

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I don't need a poster of that, I get the real thing every weekend :cool:

Do you make him put it on or is it just part of the deal?
    ....actually dont answer that. So then, games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

funny-animal-captions-dear-god-please-make-it-stop.jpg

Do you make him put it on
    no one has to make him put it on :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

He's like Superman, these are his ordinary clothes, he has to get into disguise to walk around in public....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If that's a Vectrex in there we owe it to the retro community at large to hunt him down and give him the mother of all wedgies!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

safetyboy wrote: »
    I'd rather have a cab based on the Capcom Mini Cute.

Candy004.jpg

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    He's like Superman, these are his ordinary clothes, he has to get into disguise to walk around in public....
    it's more like

even does the spin :pac:

I bet he has a pair of those Wonder Panties as well..... oh dear, no wonder he was never accepted by the macho male scene in Balbriggan, I think this video says it all....

JJwkA.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bastard I was just coming here to post that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If you remove one word from the headline title, all kind of fun possibilities are suggested!

Restore Ugly, Faded ________ to Its Former Shine Using Vaseline!

Oh dear...

jmJtIMEAlO4DR.jpg

Blue = PSP
    Red = Vita

In case you're wondering what I'm don't right now is called the Told You So shuffle, due to having read the previous post!
    So, should be a serious Vita price drop any day now and then, maybe just maybe, get one for a Jack Burton like offer on adverts! Where has he been, by the way, haven't heard of him in the parts in a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

whats that graph for? How many vitas and psps show up on adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

The other alternative (or accompaniment) to a price drop is the announcement of a new and exclusive monster hunter game, followed by everyone in Japan going nuts.

it's more like (wonderwoman vid)...even does the spin :pac:

Hey, on the subject of wonderwoman, has anybody ever thought there's an amazing resemblance between Lynda Carter (as she looked in the 70's) and Jessica Chobot from IGN?

carter-lynda-photo-lynda-carter-6226106.jpg

Jessica_Chobot_.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ghostchant wrote: »
    The other alternative (or accompaniment) to a price drop is the announcement of a new and exclusive monster hunter game, followed by everyone in Japan going nuts.

Exept Monster Hunter 4 has gone to 3DS. Maybe there'll be a monster hunter 4 special edition or something down the line but Sony missed out big time buy not money hatting that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Exept Monster Hunter 4 has gone to 3DS. Maybe there'll be a monster hunter 4 special edition or something down the line but Sony missed out big time buy not money hatting that game.

Yeah that was a big win for Nintendo. Some version of MH is due on the Vita this year apparently though, it should buck up the sales in Japan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement