Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

pdbhp wrote: »
    Yes,
    Pokemon and any Mario game if bought on Ebay should be viewed with sceptisism as most seem to be fakes.

Even I got stung once:(

Make sure you get PAL as a lot of JNTC and NTC seem to be repros. the one I got was a US mario game and even the sticker was a shít copy

fake GBA games are everywhere, Pokemon and Mario being the most commonly faked. Zelda is another one I'd be wary of. Unfortunately there is no surefire way of knowing until you have the cart in your hands. you need to look at the cart pins (the gold teeth as they are sometimes called), you should be just able to just see the bottom of the "nintendo" printed on the circuit board, if it is there the cart is genuine, if not, the cart is a fake.

Some of the dodgy ones are quite obvious, crap label repros or incorrect colour carts on some pokemon games but some are excellent, I've a hooky SMW that has triwing screws and all. In terms of ebay I'd avoid any ads from Hong Kong or that purports to have multiple copies of stuff.

Its shame really because otherwise its a great format that is still cheap as chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

pdbhp wrote: »
    Yes,
    Pokemon if bought on Ebay should be viewed with sceptisism as most seem to be fakes.
    still PMSL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I hate when ebay sellers advertise something as located in Dublin and when it arrives a week and a half later its postmarked from Poland or Czech Republic or Hong Kong.
    If i order something from Dublin and I live in Dublin I would expect delivery within 2 days max of posting(usually only 1 day in my experience).

Anyway, venting over. Flights tomorrow so time for happy mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Chasing Ghosts is on Netflix(US) now if anyone hasnt seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

The new XCOM game is starting to look pretty damn awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

yCz8h.png

Bit late getting to this, but none the less...

Which brings me to a question I've been waiting to ask for a long time...

When playing Alex The Kidd in Miracle World on the Master System,
    did anyone else ever think of the title name as fitting lyrics to the main melody?

Like this....

ALEX THE KIDDDDD, ALEX THE KIDDDD, ALEX THE KIDD IN MIRACLE WORLDDDD
    ALEX THE KIDD, ALEX THE KIDD....(Something - something deeennn) etc...

Thankfully, Looks like I'm not alone in my lunacy....

YES!

Just saw someone else that commented about the lyrics thing on another Alex Kidd video!

Glad to know I'm not alone out there in this desolate oul world! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Have games prices took another jump? 32X & Jag games seem pricey now, more so than ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »

That was absolutely fantastic, and not just visually impressive but the sound was perfect too.

The new Quantic Dream project looks interesting:

I like this more slightly more styalised look as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

waveform wrote: »
    That was absolutely fantastic, and not just visually impressive but the sound was perfect too.

his new one is amazing too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DinoRex wrote: »
    The new Quantic Dream project looks interesting:

I like this more slightly more styalised look as well.

It does look really interesting. I just hope David Cage hires a writer to help him out. Still the acting seems a hell of a lot better than Heavy Rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

tumblr_lqr6ufzSNm1qzfjyvo1_400.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Phantasy Star 2, what the hell is wrong with you!

In the last stages of the game there's an enemy called 'Rabbit'. With a name like that it should be cute and fluffy but it's anything but! It's like a zombie rabbot with rotting bits falling off it. Worse is its idle animation which shows its intestines spilling out of its stomach and then the rabbit shoving them back in. Even worse still is the attack animations. One attack swings its intestines at you that poison you and another is when these gruesome spider leg type bony things burst out of its chest 'The Thing' style and attack you.

I might have a pic of them.

I'd completely forgotten about the Chrono Trigger OVA:

Also...

Deadly Premonition: Directors Cut for the PS3!

http://www.destructoid.com/deadly-premonition-director-s-cut-coming-to-ps3-223467.phtml

I know I'll be buying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Jack burton

really must play that aswell!

or should I wait for that DC?

An 'FK in the Coffee' T-shirt would sell butt loads by the way!

• Advertisement

Just completed Journey
    ........just.......wow
    Only took me about 90 minutes but I dont want more......length was just perfect.
    Graphics, atmosphere, simple but effective gameplay, the score. Everything. Just wow

#stopsony2012

AbPy1.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just completed Journey
    ........just.......wow
    Only took me about 90 minutes but I dont want more......length was just perfect.
    Graphics, atmosphere, simple but effective gameplay, the score. Everything. Just wow

mumble mumble PS Plus mumble mumble

Can't wait though. I loved Flower, so been keeping an eye on Journey for a while. Was really in the mood for it the other day and was really disappointed when I saw the little yellow text under the title :(

Can't wait though. I loved Flower, so been keeping an eye on Journey for a while. Was really in the mood for it the other day and was really disappointed when I saw the little yellow text under the title :(

Just get 3 months PS+. Play Journey, Sly & Trine 2. Money made back :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I thought they had a 30 day subscription and was going to get that, but alas!

I just profoundly dislike the concept of PS Plus. It depresses me that if I stop paying the content isn't mine anymore. I really need to get over my fondness of 'owning' downloads.

I thought the same when it was 1st announced but then they started giving me games so I kept paying :o

I'm the same, paying to have the option of paying for something else? It's like charging an entrance fee to Tescos. Sony though, ya know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭lasersquad

if I stop paying the content isn't mine anymore. I really need to get over my fondness of 'owning' downloads.

Hell, lol, what? I`m 39 and what is this?
    Sorry, I don`t really follow the news. I`m still at the stage of being fond of owning the physical. Did they manage to come up with some new diabolical scheme?

Are we back to the arcade model? ;)

• Advertisement

Holy sh*t... if you created your character in Mass Effect 1 then you can't import it's face into ME3!

How f*cking stupid is that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement