Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Mentioned it before but I thought it was folk from Cavan nobody likes because they are mean and take their kids to see Santa's grave at Christmas?

Oh and Brits. Though I can understand that, it's an inferiority complex. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't like British people because they carried out one of the biggest crimes in human history and are still doing so today yet nobody talks about it:

Morris.dancing.at.wells.arp.jpg

It's a pretty horrific crime alright. *shudder*

I wonder if there were any Morris dancing games made? I thought Jeff Minter made one...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Better than that, was it one of our regulars here who got busy flirting with a relatively new memberwho mentioned the typical retrogaming troubles with her boyfriend, then turned out to be less a she, more of a he...
    Hilarity ensued!
    The A&R forum welcomes all groups, races, genders, creeds and orientations, even those romantically involved with Raiden or Darius :)
    Not too sure about Meath people though, we have to draw the line somewhere....

If memory serves that was Atavan, he was getting stuck into someone who was of the same sex as he is, but not the same sexual orientation. And your right, hillarity ensued :D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That was me?! I don't even remember!

• Advertisement

That was me?! I don't even remember!

Almost certain it was you. Repressed memory?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yes, it's all flooding back now. *sigh* why are all the good ones not women :'(

10k posts. I'm officially a nerd :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The hilarious exchange in question starts here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72136883&postcount=17959

(with apologies to Atavan ;))

The moment Atavans heart was crushed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

yIBva.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Do I want to know what that is from??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

He's making them up now, unless its an unintentionally novel piece of Engrish...

And here's the page of Atavans shame, in case the single post isn't embarrassing enough, which it isn't!
    Atavan on the prowl...

Wtf?! Do you guys have my top 10 embarrassing moments bookmarked?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

I DID warn you :D almost a year ago
    EnterNow wrote:
    Who said anything about a female biggrin.gif It's the 21st century these days man, contain your excitement or risk the ultimate slagging biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Funnily enough i thought you were a girl before i met you at the 1st retro beers i went to.

Now i see that i was only half wrong:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Funnily enough i thought you were a girl before i met you at the 1st retro beers i went to.

I thought he was a girl for a while too. Must give off some sort of vibe! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I thought retr0 was a Japanese schoolgirl for the longest time. Pictures did little to suggest otherwise.

Master of the Universe

I thought retr0 was a Japanese schoolgirl for the longest time. Pictures did little to suggest otherwise.

Hahaha, I was hoping this would happen, and it does.

Google image search > Retr0gamer > first image result!

Capture-3.jpg

• Advertisement

qdgYU.gif

Master of the Universe

Holy crap, a Sega Megadrive just saved me from a fiery death!

I was in the spare room and happened across a Megadrive Mark 2 which I'd completely forgotten about. Thought I'd test it out and put it up for trade.

Went into the main bedroom (which I hadn't been in all morning) to try it out on the TV there as the one downstairs is being used.

When I walked into the room there was a really bad smell - girlfriend had mentioned the fish tank needed to be cleaned so I thought it was that.

Got the Megadrive ready to set up, went around the back of the TV and heard a sound like a snake hissing.

Turns out, she'd been in the room earlier giving it a clean - and had knocked off the really old gas heater. Not one of those bottle ones, but the main one hooked up to the house. We both thought the thing was broken. So the room had been filling up with gas all morning.

If it wasn't for that Megadrive, I wouldn't have gone around the back of the tv and heard the leak.

I may reconsider trading away that Megadrive now :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jebus that was a very lucky escape! :eek:

Thank feck you dont smoke :eek::eek:

11005pod07.jpg

Very lucky escape (though if it happens again, I got dibs on your Jaleco board and Metal Slug carts). :D

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Very lucky escape (though if it happens again, I got dibs on your Jaleco board and Metal Slug carts). :D

Good luck finding all the pieces and putting them back together:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Dude, if that's not a sign sent from the Gaming God himself, I don't know what is! ;)

Probably best to hold onto the console!

Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »

Lets just say that if there was a room in my house to blow up, that, by far, would be the worst. It'd absolutely decimate not just my gaming collection, but my other collections too. There'd be fragments of rare things raining down all over Clontarf!

Thats blast processing for you. Sega really does, what Nintendon't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I found a cable today which is a Din-5 for the "monitor" port on either of my Amstrads or Dragon32; but the end there are 3 audio-like plugs for red, black and white; anybody know what to do with these?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement