Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Atavan and his work buddies need to get together and teach that gang of muppets a lesson in how to dress.

That's if they can pull themselves away from loitering outside the Central Bank or where ever they have moved to since the Hippies evicted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Wonderful little exchange from Sega on twitter here:

https://twitter.com/#!/SEGA/status/144219968773423104

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Atavan and his work buddies need to get together and teach that gang of muppets a lesson in how to dress.

Atavan Hal€n? He's flagged as many hipsters as he can & assembled the data into a pie chart that will hopefully yield the KPI's he need's to address. Going forward, he can agressively pursue hipsterism, & adopt an 'out-of-the-box' strategy to nip it in the bud

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There isn't an oceanic trench deep enough to drop feckers like that into.
    Even with heavy chains around their necks they'd still find a way back...
    Damn hipsters!

And as for Atavan and his gang of merry men, oh dear, probably meeting up at the Bankers for a few Heinys after work....

Time I think to dust off the high powered rifle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Dr. Now, I appreciate your constructive criticism, however to appreciate the strategic elements that encompass our agreed KPI's, I believe that synergy is attainable out of the box.

However our SLA's could cause conflict amongst the EP's at the next C-Line level briefing.

I'm all for a bit of KT however going forward we should proceed as normal but throw in a biscuit. Just to mix it up a bit. WIFM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

DinoRex wrote: »
    Wonderful little exchange from Sega on twitter here:

https://twitter.com/#!/SEGA/status/144219968773423104

Whoever runs Segas twitter account is actually brilliant :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Time I think to dust off the high powered rifle...

:pac::pac:
    Pyongyang wrote: »
    Dr. Now, I appreciate your constructive criticism, however to appreciate the strategic elements that encompass our agreed KPI's, I believe that synergy is attainable out of the box.

However our SLA's could cause conflict amongst the EP's at the next C-Line level briefing.

I'm all for a bit of KT however going forward we should proceed as normal but throw in a biscuit. Just to mix it up a bit. WIFM?

I seriously fugging hate that sh1te talk that goes on. I used to have to listen to that almost daily :mad:

Watched this last night. 'Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below' It's considerably better than anything Studio Ghibli has managed to put out in the past 10 years. It's heavily influenced by Princess Mononoke and Laputa though. Got a bit of a smattering of Full Metal Alchemist and Evangelion in there as well. But overall it still has a very strong voice of it's own.

Really deals with the concept of loss brilliantly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    I seriously fugging hate that sh1te talk that goes on. I used to have to listen to that almost daily :mad:

It is a serious pet peeve of mine and one thing which makes it very hard for me to work in an office. I seriously don't know why people do it. Well, I get there's a brainwashing aspect to it - hear it enough and you'll do it yourself.

But these things had to originate somewhere. Why the hell can't people just communicate normally?!

Sometimes when listening to a public talk, I count how many times they say 'going forward'. On once occasion I had something crazy like at least one a minute over the course of an hour.

I guess it's just lazyness. Similar to scumbags using a swear every second word, it's an unwillingness to use the English language - but to instead fall back on phrases you can churn out without much thought.
    Watched this last night. 'Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below'.

Looks lovely! Will be checking that out when I get home, first I've heard of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It makes you sound important and intelligent even when what you are talking about is complete and utter scutter.

• Advertisement

Only just came out on BluRay in Japan last week. Looks stunning in HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It makes you sound important and intelligent even when what you are talking about is complete and utter scutter.

Kind of like o1s1n's boss then. :pac:

steve-ballmer-ceo-of-microsoft.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Im looking for a 3ds. Any idea where the best place to get one is? Or is anyone looking to offload one?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

But I dont work in an office! I work in a premium retail store :P
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Im looking for a 3ds. Any idea where the best place to get one is? Or is anyone looking to offload one?

I got my zelda one in game for €190. Not bad if you consider zelda on it's own is €45 ish so the console works out at €145.

Fecking hipster t-shirt!

G2zGi.jpg

Tetris doesn't work like that!!!

But I dont work in an office! I work in a premium retail store :P

I got my zelda one in game for €190. Not bad if you consider zelda on it's own is €45 ish so the console works out at €145.

Not too pushed on Zelda to be honest , would prefer Marioland 3D or Mario Kart 7.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »

There are some great deals in the main chains at the moment, I reckon you could pick one up with a sh1te game for the 160 mark.
    I would also say that you could pick up a preowned one for similar money on adverts with a couple of games, and given the age of the machine it'll have to be still in warranty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

There's a nice Mario kart 7 bundle at the moment with a nice white 3DS. I'd imagine it'd be roughly the same as the zelda one.

Do you actually have to swing your 3DS around to drive in Mario Kart 7 like in the adverts? Or can you just use the analogue stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I thought if i ran with the 3ds in my hands it would be the only way make the car go, 3ds works like that doesnt it?

I ran into a wall though and broke my face, so mabye the 3ds is best used with Mario kart on an actual racing track so theres plenty of space :D

• Advertisement

Thankfully for some shall we say challenged folk the whole can be played in 2D with regular controls, and it's still one of the best Mariokart experiences, certainly in the top three with the Snes and GBA editions.
    The underwater/flying sections really shouldn't work, but they do!
    Not to sure about the modification bit, Shigsy didn't like it but really it's just a reskinned variant of the different drivers, passengers and vehicles seen in Double Dash, doesn't add too much more than that.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thankfully for some shall we say challenged folk the whole can be played in 2D with regular controls.

Oh thank christ for that.

Frustration levels are now drowning out enjoyment levels in Skyward Sword for me.

I just want the first person bow view to face in the direction that Link is facing in, not the direction that the crappy camera is facing in... it's utterly maddening!

There's a nice Mario kart 7 bundle at the moment with a nice white 3DS. I'd imagine it'd be roughly the same as the zelda one.

Where'd you see that? I can only see a white 3ds with marioland on amazon.

Need some help, just got money into my paypal and after paying for mega man and some new clothes I want to get some new kitchen stuff.

Anyone know of a good place to get me some kitchen utensils that are a little different and cooler than the ordinary picnic basket!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

That would be pretty creepy in a kitchen, but they look pretty good :p
    What are Lovecraft's books even about ( I havn't read any of them...:rolleyes:)

That is cool but I'm looking for chopping boards and knives and oven mitts, basics first, cthulhu spoons later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

lawl'd and I want that book D:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Anyone know of a good place to get me some kitchen utensils that are a little different and cooler than the ordinary picnic basket!
    Buy plain ones and pay me to decorate them!
    Like that time, wasn't it pdbhp I gave ideas to about designing a Mario themed room :cool: I remember it because I was awesome

• Advertisement

haha well I just found somthing I have to get

http://www.firebox.com/product/3679/Conical-Flask-Salt-and-Pepper-Set

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement