Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Good article on racketboy here, but I think I want to make a big picture out of all those scans

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Cello Wars

Worth a look for what happens at 2:05 alone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oooh, the .xxx domain goes live to register soon!

www.shmups.xxx is available! :pac:

/edit - wait, it's live! Pyongyang! Register it! :D. It can be the X rated version of Pinkbullets.co.uk

http://www.icmregistry.com/

I am going to be starting a website in the new year. This XXX could come in very handy.

Still need a name for a site that can double as a brand though, something sh1te and random would be what I want but I cant think of anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Anybody have any experiance with android tablets? Im looking for a sub €200 tablet for gaming - both emu and 3d droid games like GangStar
    Anybody recommend something cheap with multi touch?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I am going to be starting a website in the new year. This XXX could come in very handy.

Still need a name for a site that can double as a brand though, something sh1te and random would be what I want but I cant think of anything yet

How about www.randomsh1te.xxx? :p

Sounds delish!

I know I'll wake up some night with the name. It'll be the same name getting printed on my t shirts so has to be good

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    Anybody have any experiance with android tablets? Im looking for a sub €200 tablet for gaming - both emu and 3d droid games like GangStar
    Anybody recommend something cheap with multi touch?

You can get them for that price, but you'll wish you hadn't.

I've tested a lot of tablets over the last year for work and the cheap ones are ok for maybe a bit of email and web browsing etc but will drive you mad eventually.

Maybe look into the Nook(old and new versions) or Amazon kindle fire, I've tested a rooted nook but not got my hands on a kindle fire yet. Or if you can get a HP TouchPad for a decent price that might also be an option.

They are all around the 200 mark price wise.

Steve SI wrote: »
    You can get them for that price, but you'll wish you hadn't.

I've tested a lot of tablets over the last year for work and the cheap ones are ok for maybe a bit of email and web browsing etc but will drive you mad eventually.

Maybe look into the Nook(old and new versions) or Amazon kindle fire, I've tested a rooted nook but not got my hands on a kindle fire yet. Or if you can get a HP TouchPad for a decent price that might also be an option.

They are all around the 200 mark price wise.

What's the OS for the touchpad?

** im looking at this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/NATPC-Android-Bluetooth-Responsive-Capacitive/dp/B005P51UHW/ref=sr_1_91?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1323205590&sr=1-91

dedicated graphics processor **

www.itchyferret.com
    www.backtothebanana.com
    www.8bitjunkie.com

random stuff

$99 per year for the .xxx domains.
    Pity its not cheaper as its to expensive to just register stuff for a laugh like .com etc.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

There is no confusion like finding an empty Scientology emergenetics DVD case in your living room and having absolutely no idea how it got there.

Maybe Rob Hubbard beamed it in.

Ron! If you're out there, can you please beam in a Four Star Pizza too?!

www.itchyferret.com
    www.backtothebanana.com
    www.8bitjunkie.com

random stuff

Pity its not cheaper as its to expensive to just register stuff for a laugh like .com etc.

99, steep enough. Think I'll stick to .com haha

www.itchyferret.com
    www.backtothebanana.com
    www.8bitjunkie.com

random stuff

.tk - that's what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

www.pinkbullets.xxx for all your hentai shmup and dating simulator needs! :D

It runs webOS but has been hacked for android.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_TouchPad#WebOS

As for that tablet you linked to I just cant say.
    I've tested about 10 generic android tablets in the last few months and they have all been terrible.
    I gave a few out to some users to see what they thought. All negative feedback and the battery life was really bad on most and just plain bad on the rest.

Basically the best bet for cheap and decent tablets was the dirt cheap HP touchpads a few months back.

It may say it has a dedicated graphics processor but it actually means nothing unless it can use it properly.

Check reviews is all you can do for the generic tablets really.

The Nook and Kindle fire is probably your best bet for a decent enough tablet around that price, but maybe they're not quite what you want.

Or see if you can get yourself a second hand 16gb wifi only iPad 1 for around that price. It's not android but if you want games and a decent tablet it's the way to go.

It runs webOS but has been hacked for android.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_TouchPad#WebOS

As for that tablet you linked to I just cant say.
    I've tested about 10 generic android tablets in the last few months and they have all been terrible.
    I gave a few out to some users to see what they thought. All negative feedback and the battery life was really bad on most and just plain bad on the rest.

Basically the best bet for cheap and decent tablets was the dirt cheap HP touchpads a few months back.

It may say it has a dedicated graphics processor but it actually means nothing unless it can use it properly.

Check reviews is all you can do for the generic tablets really.

The Nook and Kindle fire is probably your best bet for a decent enough tablet around that price, but maybe they're not quite what you want.

Or see if you can get yourself a second hand 16gb wifi only iPad 1 for around that price. It's not android but if you want games and a decent tablet it's the way to go.

Haha :D thanks for the good information. I'm not sure if I would bother getting web os and hacking it. The second hand ipad seems like a good option if I can find one- wifi only is better in my opion anyway. What's this Nook you've mentioned?

Haha :D thanks for the good information. I'm not sure if I would bother getting web os and hacking it. The second hand ipad seems like a good option if I can find one- wifi only is better in my opion anyway. What's this Nook you've mentioned?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindle_Fire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nook_Tablet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnes_%26_Noble_Nook

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindle_Fire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nook_Tablet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnes_%26_Noble_Nook

I don't like the idea of Amazon trying to control my content on the Fire :/ For a similar price I can buy a Sony Xeperia Play with 16gb memory and a dedicated gamepad!

I don't like the idea of Amazon trying to control my content on the Fire :/ For a similar price I can buy a Sony Xeperia Play with 16gb memory and a dedicated gamepad!

True, but thats not a tablet.
    It sounds like you really just want it for games.
    Would you not be better off with a handheld console or two?

Or will you use the tablet for other stuff as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Hahaha... Herman Cain quoted the Pokemon Movie in his speech dropping out of the presidential race:

• Advertisement

Just trying out the new Xbox 360 Dashboard on the arcade machine. Seems decent enough.
    The question is should I now install a hidden Kinect thing behind the marquee:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

get-off-the-damn-bed-pets-challenge-ice-demotivational-poster-1285825794.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

lolcaption-funny-demotivational-posters-girl-with-nintendo-panties.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,822 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I went into easons to pick up retrogamer magazine. It wasn't there because I'm a dope and it's not out until tomorrow (most likely friday in Ireland).

I didn't want to leave empty handed so spied Kafka on the Shore and bought it.

I think I caught hipster from mr ultimate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don't know how I got this rep as a hipster :(

I only like one Girls' songs, I am not built for skinny jeans, and I sure as hell giggle sarcastically when I see an absurd character decked out in American Apparell / Urban Outfitters clothes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,822 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll forgive you if the book is good.

Its probably because your love of videogames doesn't begin with Doom, continue to Quake and then leap forward to some 3rd rate RPG.... if it did you'd be diametrically opposed to the hipster way of life...
    Look inside, you know the truth, damn hipster!

Master of the Universe

I don't know how I got this rep as a hipster :(

I only like one Girls' songs, I am not built for skinny jeans, and I sure as hell giggle sarcastically when I see an absurd character decked out in American Apparell / Urban Outfitters clothes.

Only a true hipster would deny that they are a hipster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Only a true hipster would deny that they are a hipster.

hipsters.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Atavan and his work buddies need to get together and teach that gang of muppets a lesson in how to dress.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement