Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Downloaded me some HD Dizzy

Dodododododoooo....thats my day anyway. Touch screen controls take a tiny bit getting used to but jumping isnt as unforgiving

Sweet, just gonna grab it now myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Played it a tiny bit.

€2.99 is a bit steep.

It feels like they haven't played enough iOS games as research. There are better ways to do what they're doing.

Also the music gets very annoying very quickly and there's zero sound effects if you turn it off.

Scrolling is lovely though and works well I guess...

DinoRex wrote: »
    Played it a tiny bit.

€2.99 is a bit steep.

It feels like they haven't played enough iOS games as research. There are better ways to do what they're doing.

Also the music gets very annoying very quickly and there's zero sound effects if you turn it off.

Scrolling is lovely though and works well I guess...

Yeah, the arrows on the screen are a bit meh.
    Still, its Dizzy and I'm glad he's back. Buy the game support the devs etc etc.

39347228096276443631368.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Its 1.75 on android. Plays really well on my GS2. Ill install it on my tablet later and see how it scales up. And I just picked up an mp3 player :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Dizzy HD looks like it's been 'Taito Memoried'. Bring back the old style. :(

• Advertisement

Good few games out on ios yesterday and today that I want to play.
    Dizzy, Batman and Defenders of Ardania and a few others.

Did you know there's a Nintendo Monopoly? Did you also know it's also rage inducing (even by Monopoly standards)

ZSRqw.jpg

I fail to see the problem........

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Feck sake, I noticed a weird smell off my hands and forearms today. Not sure what it was. Actually looked at them - they look like they spent a week the Sahara.

Then I remembered, last night my girlfriend put on a bit of fake tan for her work party. Nothing orange, just a little glow so she won't look like a pasty Irish lass.

Problem is, I AM a pasty Irish dude.

It seems that a 'bit' of fake tan on me looks like I cut off Ray Charles arms and took them as my own.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Then I remembered, last night I put on a bit of fake tan for my work party. Nothing orange, just a little glow so I won't look like a pasty Irish lad.

FYP. :D

• Advertisement

I fail to see the problem........

It should clearly be Samus's Helmet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Feck sake, I noticed a weird smell off my hands and forearms today. Not sure what it was. Actually looked at them - they look like they spent a week the Sahara.

Then I remembered, last night my girlfriend put on a bit of fake tan for her work party. Nothing orange, just a little glow so she won't look like a pasty Irish lass.

Problem is, I AM a pasty Irish dude.

It seems that a 'bit' of fake tan on me looks like I cut off Ray Charles arms and took them as my own.

Um, did you mean to post that on a public forum? :pac:

So basically you had a roll around with the gf while she had the tan on and forgot to wash it off. :p

But that still doesn't explain why I smell of Indian food this morning...

o1s1n (Library Photograph):

David-Dickinson-Real-Deal.jpg

I see Theme Park came out on ios this morning as well.

It's freemium to play but some of the in app purchases are pricey to say the least(60 dollars for one of the rides :eek:)

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Um, did you mean to post that on a public forum? :pac:

So basically you had a roll around with the gf while she had the tan on and forgot to wash it off. :p

If only. Then I'd be wearing this tan as a badge of honour.

No, it was more along the lines of 'Hey, can you help me apply this fake tan?' - hands glove.

'Sure! I mean, I'm wearing a glove, I won't end up looking like Snooki from Jersey shore, right?'

:(

/leaves for Jersey Shore, never to return.

It should clearly be Samus's Helmet!

I thought Samus was a girl? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Good news. Vita will support more than one PSN account just have to swap out memory cards.

Sourcey

"Your PSN ID is bonded to your memory card and your memory card is bonded to your Vita." That's the official line from Sony America reps regarding the PlayStation Vita's claimed one console, one PSN account situation. SCEA associate brand marketing manager Crystal MacKenzie clarified to Wired's Game|Life blog that, yes, you can have multiple PSN accounts, each tied to a memory card. Should you choose to move any of those accounts from one card to another, however, things get a bit more laborious.

"If you wanted to change different PSN users but use the same memory card, you would need to go factory reset," MacKenzie said, which sounds to us like a memory card reformat would be required before swapping accounts from one card to another. As far as having multiple PSN accounts on one console, though, Vita users are apparently limited by their ability to purchase more memory cards. And if one memory card isn't enough for your PSN account, it can be spread across multiple cards.

To recap, you can employ multiple PSN accounts on a single Vita using multiple memory cards, but will have to reformat the memory card should you choose to migrate a PSN account from one to another. Still bizarre? Yes, for sure, but it sure beats only being able to use a single PSN account.

Price of the cards though is ridiculous. I'm still getting a Vita though regardless.

They had me at "Cave". :o

How on earth do you save in Dizzy? Are you supposed to complete the entire game in a single sitting and not use your phone or tablet for anything else?

• Advertisement

How on earth do you save in Dizzy? Are you supposed to complete the entire game in a single sitting and not use your phone or tablet for anything else?

The ability to 'save' is an in-game DLC charged at €4.99 + VAT. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Price of the cards though is ridiculous. I'm still getting a Vita though regardless.

They had me at "Cave". :o

$20 for 4GB up to €90 for a 32GB memory card? That's crazy. Have they said what size card comes with the machine? Presumably included in the price. :rolleyes:

The whole Vita card pricing fiasco is like George Michael's hair in the video for Last Christmas. Basically an embarrassment.

george_michael_bbc_top_of_the_pops.jpg

Does the ear ring mean he's a pirate?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Does the ear ring mean he's a pirate?

Yes and because I have so many it means I'm a super pirate!

Master of the Universe

Yes and because I have so many it means I'm a super pirate!

Ah, the Super Pirates!

Which one are you?

$(KGrHqIOKkQE5T+CGZN9BOfODdU-Vg~~60_35.JPG

Although, going by your date of birth

00051CC.jpg

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I set about sowing the hints for my christmas present last night.

Watching TV last night, 3DS advert comes on TV.

Me: 'I want that one'

Mam: 'When was the last time I bought you a videogame?'

Me: 'Christmas 1997'

Mam: 'Well if you can pull a 3DS out of your ass then you can have it for Christmas'

Me: :'(

Also new retrogamer magazine out now. Had a flick through. Super Star Wars making of looks interesting. There's a Dragon Quest series retrospective, a far better series than Final Fantasy :P There's also a Lynx article which makes me want one now especially after Luas Dublins Xybots video. There's also a strong focus on the 8-bit home computer magazines with a big article on Zzap 64 and another about the wars to get the best cover tapes each month.

It saves everytime you complete an objective

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Mam: 'Well if you can pull a 3DS out of your ass then you can have it for Christmas'

Show your mam this picture and let her know that Nintendo specifically advises AGAINST doing that with your 3DS.

tumblr_lhe3aymfzw1qasnlao1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ahhh!
    Itunes just deleted my downloads folder and all my stuff!

Fecking shower of lousers!

I'm going to ring Jobs' neck.... Oh wait.... Well I'll dig him up and do it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement