Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ahhh!
    Itunes just deleted my downloads folder and all my stuff!

Fecking shower of lousers!

I'm going to ring Jobs' neck.... Oh wait.... Well I'll dig him up and do it!

Has it been long enough now for us to make 'Return of the Mac' and 'Coming back as an Android' jokes?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,822 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ahhh!

Your first mistake was using iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Second was expecting compassion from you shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

It saves everytime you complete an objective

Yeah. See that now. It's pretty vague though as when you start up it seems to be asking to create a new game instead of continuing an old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Ahhh!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,822 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're evil Sera :(

you know what? was actually gonna use the Japanese crow laugh :P
    so I'm not that evil really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I set about sowing the hints for my christmas present last night.

Watching TV last night, 3DS advert comes on TV.

Me: 'I'd suck for a 3DS

Mam: :'(

Me: 'No really I would'

Mam: Shakes head I knew it!!

FYP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bizarre French tribute to Sonic here:

91_poster.jpg

Amusment-Wind-12105_GENTLEMAN_A4-940x640.jpg

02.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You know, I had something pretty nice lined up for some lucky Beers attendee on Friday next, I guess I'll just cross Retr0 and Sera off the list of possible recipients......

Oh, who am I kidding, it's my own fault for downloading mp3's and trying to sneak them onto my ipod....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

What exactly happened? Even if your IPod unsynchs you should still have access to your downloads somewhere... Although I know Apple are predictably militant when it comes to redownloads.

The first thing you have to do with an Ipod? Untick the synch option. From there it's just a matter of dragging and dropping new stuff. My IPod is jammed full of MP3s!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a folder on the server where I download stuff called.... "downloads" and in there is the "ciderman" folder.
    I opened itunes to pop some stuff over and I was dragging and dropping the album folder when itunes locked up, forced a restart of the application and next time I browsed to the downloads folder the ciderman folder therein and all my stuff, was gone, evaporated into the ether...

BUGGER!

Luckily I typically transfer movies, tv, music into appropriate folders on the server as I go, but there was plenty of stuff in there nevertheless.
    I am quite... peeved. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I have a folder on the server where I download stuff called.... "downloads" and in there is the "ciderman" folder.
    I opened itunes to pop some stuff over and I was dragging and dropping the album folder when itunes locked up, forced a restart of the application and next time I browsed to the downloads folder the ciderman folder therein and all my stuff, was gone, evaporated into the ether...

BUGGER!

Luckily I typically transfer movies, tv, music into appropriate folders on the server as I go, but there was plenty of stuff in there nevertheless.
    I am quite... peeved. :(

And while your doing that, I'm listening to this on my winamp

On another note, that terrible N64 castlevania, which one of those is hard to come by, the one called castevania or legacy of darkness?

On another note, that terrible N64 castlevania, which one of those is hard to come by, the one called castevania or legacy of darkness?

It's actually not that crap. It's a decent game with some design flaws and had loads of features cut that ended up in the much better legacy of darkness. The jumps over bottomless pits and camera are a pain in the sack though.

Legacy of Darkness is the tough one to find although I'm seeing it a lot in RAGE and there seems to be plenty of copies of the PAL version on the continent.

Ah right, because I saw a cart of Castlevania on ebay before I went to work today and turns out I won it, only a few euro. Now just to get an N64

Ah right, because I saw a cart of Castlevania on ebay before I went to work today and turns out I won it, only a few euro. Now just to get an N64

Whatever you do, before you start collecting N64 games, don't get a PAL N64. NTSC all the way. Even retrogamer magazines retrospective ends with reason why you shouldn't collect a PAL collection.

PAL is caca yeah? Well I'll remember that. Wont be getting too into the N64 though I think, just a few of the essential games really

It's particularly bad on the N64. Unoptimised games play really badly on PAL systems since the usual N64 framerate problems are even worse in 50 Hz. You'll need a specially modified for PAL N64s s-video cable as well because the N64 looks terrible though AV composite.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Microwave Popcorn and Country Spring cola :D
    nomnomnomnomomomonoomonomonom :pac:

Cave Johnson for President!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Amusment-Wind-12105_GENTLEMAN_A4-940x640.jpg

Hey Blue Shirt dude,
    Your Mom called...

She wants her trousers back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Actually booked a sonic tattoo today for Friday :D Getting this one done

Sonic_The_Hedgehog_-EUR-.PNG

I'd rather get the shocked rabbit in the backround :P

Definitly put some pics up when you get it done, I'd like to see this piece of awesomeness

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd rather get the shocked rabbit in the backround :P

Definitly put some pics up when you get it done, I'd like to see this piece of awesomeness

I will of course. Shure if you're at the beers you'll see it.

I wont be, all hands on deck for xmas where I work and have a **** ton of other stuff to do aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

I didn't realize there was such hardore sonic nutters out there:

He certainly was one of the first gaming characters I remember that had lots of attitude though.

Mario is actually quite a static character when you compare the two.

There's a documentary all about Sonic here, haven't watched it yet:

waveform wrote: »
    Mario is actually quite a static character when you compare the two.

Paper Mario and the Mario RPGs have turned him into a far better character as opposed to sonic who is just a cockend in the latest games.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Paper Mario and the Mario RPGs have turned him into a far better character as opposed to sonic who is just a cockend in the latest games.

Id judge sonics character on the fleshed out version from the comics more. He actually has a proper history in it (I really love how Super Sonic is actually a psycho who doesnt recognise friend or foe :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Check out the vinyl stickers this guy sells. So many sprites! I want to buy a load but don't know where to start.

The guy seems to really love printing Earthbound, Chrono Trigger and Megaman ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Video-Games-/1249/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5701&rt=nc&_catref=1&_ipg=200&_ssn=decalninja&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1514.

• Advertisement

Id judge sonics character on the fleshed out version from the comics more. He actually has a proper history in it (I really love how Super Sonic is actually a psycho who doesnt recognise friend or foe :D)
    You've gotten so much Brownie points there!
    I still have bout a hundred Sonic the Comic comics, only have volume 1 and 3 of the archie ones.that Sat: am was based on (should watch it again it was my favourite)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement