Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Watched it there. Mostly interesting, if damaged by Brooker's fondness for overexplaining punchlines for those who may not have got them first time around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Woo Hoo, free Ninty stuff!
    Well kinda.

Registered Mario Land and Mario Kart and will now be getting Kid Icarus in 3D come January!
    The Club Nintendo isn't particularly friendly though...

I was in a game shop, somewhere, and many of the preowned DS games still had their unsullied reg cards in, I was very tempted to raid them all, by getting my 8 year old to stage a diversion, and get myself some of the more serious goodies on the site.
    Like those lovely Snes Wii pads, or the DSi backpack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    unsullied reg cards

drooling_homer_2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

At the risk of potential abuse; I've never used those nintendo registration cards... do they expire? Are they worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I'm just shy of 10,000 points and have some more reg cards lying around, not near expiry yet but nothing jumping out at me, apart from the characters figure that I'd probably ignore in a shop.

Wish they had those platinum rewards in Europe, registered all those points this year.

EDIT: Crap only noticed Game & Watch Ball on it now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

At the risk of potential abuse; I've never used those nintendo registration cards... do they expire? Are they worth it?

You used to get a subscription to a nintendo magazine years ago if you filled it in.

Just ordered Game & Watch: Ball there, great to see it hit the EU store :)
    Also have Game & Watch Collection 1 on it which tempted me for a moment, but saw them all over Tokyo for about 10e each so they should be relatively easy to track down in the future

I once got a brass Marlboro logo engraved Zippo lighter, back when cigs were allowed to come with promo tokens... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

How much would a boxed copy of earthbound go for?

OwaynOTT wrote: »

A lot. €100+ easily. Sealed? A couple of hundred on top of that I'd say.

There's a sealed one on eBay for just under €600. That's a ridiculous price I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Too much :(

You looking for a copy or are you looking to sell?

It's one game I've been meaning to get for a long time now but I just can't get it for a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

its stupid the price that goes for. Such a good game though.

When it comes to SNES boxed collecting gets very expensive very fast I'd say

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ghostchant wrote: »
    Just ordered Game & Watch: Ball there, great to see it hit the EU store :)
    Also have Game & Watch Collection 1 on it which tempted me for a moment, but saw them all over Tokyo for about 10e each so they should be relatively easy to track down in the future

Of course, you do know that you won't get it until around March, 2014....
    I ordered an XL Ninty club tee and got a medium at best tee about 4 months later, my Yoshi keyring never made it... :(

The Snes Wiipad looks the bomb, RedXIV had two at a beers a few months ago and they were off the charts sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I ordered an XL Ninty club tee and got a medium at best tee about 4 months later, my Yoshi keyring never made it... :(

The Snes Wiipad looks the bomb, RedXIV had two at a beers a few months ago and they were off the charts sweet!

Are you just back from a trip to the US?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

its stupid the price that goes for. Such a good game though.

When it comes to SNES boxed collecting gets very expensive very fast I'd say

Did a quick spot check and saw a lovely boxed one for £20, was thinking wtf they all on about it being rip off, then noticed it had no cart! :pac: :o

Ah I know, it's not the first thing I've ordered off them! Zelda Soundtrack and Prof. Layton Collectors' Box both made it safe and sound...eventually

EnterNow wrote: »
    Are you just back from a trip to the US?

yo-dawg-xzibit-54.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Quality avatar pyong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Did a quick spot check and saw a lovely boxed one for £20, was thinking wtf they all on about it being rip off, then noticed it had no cart! :pac: :o

And that's only a repro box, the real box on it's own goes for about €80! :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pyongyang wrote: »
    A lot. €100+ easily. Sealed? A couple of hundred on top of that I'd say.

The box on its own goes for 100+ euros. It would go for about 150 at the very very least, more commonly 250 dollars.

• Advertisement

One was merely trying to get across the sheer awesome nature of the Wii-Snes pad, it really, really is DA BOMB, as they say in da'hood up in the Naul...

Oh yes!

I knew it would be expensive!

Boxed games for Snes are at ridonklous prices at the moment. Saw a tatty secret of mana go for nearly a 100 quid recently.

Bomberman 3 is expensive as well and that annoys me and street fighter alpha is also dear.

I want those if I entered the secret Santa would I get any of those?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The box on its own goes for 100+ euros. It would go for about 150 at the very very least, more commonly 250 dollars.

€100 for a piece of card folded up is on par with paying €50 for a Cave AMI box.

At least with MVS miniboxes we got stacks of them for next to feck all, and stickers too! Method in that madness at least. :)

Bomberman 3 is expensive as well and that annoys me.

Annoys me too, I'm trying to complete the series.

I want those if I entered the secret Santa would I get any of those?

About as much chance as this weeks budget being an enthralling and exciting rollercoaster of thrills, chills and yes..... even spills.

:)

I just can't be arsed collecting boxed cartridge games. They're almost invincible but the cardboard boxes that nintendo put them in aren't. Got to love Sega for the plastic clamshells, much easier to get boxed Sega Games, not that I'm bothered about them being boxed anyway.

The budget is awesome man!

And two of them this year. Yippee!

I see sequelithis has spread from summer blockbusters to the Irish Economy.
    Could be lucky and get a prequel in the new year.

The Budget Part 1: A Fistful of Euros
    The Budget Part 2: A Few Euros More

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I just can't be arsed collecting boxed cartridge games. They're almost invincible but the cardboard boxes that nintendo put them in aren't. Got to love Sega for the plastic clamshells, much easier to get boxed Sega Games, not that I'm bothered about them being boxed anyway.

They must be boxed. Looks so much nicer stacked on the shelves that way. Also in 30 years time I can sell them and sfford to get myself frozen till the fine the cure. :cool: that's an artistic rendition of what it will prob look like
    Or at least get my head preserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

The Budget Part 3: Order 66

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Was just wondering if there was any retro games that make the use of 3D Glasses,
    anyone know of any?

After a bit of googling for C64 games that use them,

I came across this:

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2011/09/see_c64_games_in_3d_with_a_3ds.php

A german guy who's working on converting c64 games to 3D to be played on the Nintendo 3DS with 3D anaglyph glasses, (those red and cyan-y ones).

I haz learned new word today!

Some screenies of 2 of my favourite c64 games:

lastninja_bw.png

platoon_bw.png

• Advertisement

Can't wait for Enda to cut my videogame money :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement